Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Why I am Not a Theonomist.......

  • Kevin Guillory
    Message 1 of 131 , Jul 1 12:57 PM
      timmopussycat wrote:
      Tim-You have either forgotten or you did not know that Bahnsen, at
      the time he wrote TICE, had approximately the same amount of
      training I have. He wrote TICE as a seminary student midway through
      his training. And you may not know that he was attempting a double
      major plus working on the side plus being recently married and a new
      father. Having tracked him, step by step through all the research
      that made up two key chapters of TICE, I can reliably estimate how
      much time he would have had to spend to research the whole book.
      Dear Tim,

      	It's good that you don't fault Bahnsen personally for whatever mistakes you perceive him to have made.  That is a very Christian, scholarly, and professional approach you have.  That you do not resort to an ad hominem (as I've often done in the past)is very much to your credit.  You need to be congratulated, and we could all do well to imitate you.
      	The issue for me then, is not what his credential were when he wrote TICE, or the load he was carrying.  Rather it would be that afterwards - as a professional, competent, educated and educating scholar of the first-order - he never took back anything he'd written earlier.

      In Christ,
      Kevin

    • Fred blahous
      Message 131 of 131 , Jul 15 2:11 AM
        G'day Deejay,

        Just so you know, I definitely wasn't implying that you were old.lol.

        All the best,
        Fred.