Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Immigration, Islam & Freedom Addressed from God's Word

  • Parnell McCarter
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2006
      The book referenced is by a Baptist.  It was the Baptist anti-Establishment Principle position which was responsible in no small measure for getting us in our current mess with immigration.  Baptists have long argued that the State should not enforce the first table of the Ten Commandments on the basis of their doctrine of "soul liberty".  This false doctrine opens the door for all sorts of false religionists to take power and to come in.

      As a former Baptist myself, I would recommend we look to other than Baptists for solutions on such issues as immigration of Muslims.

      - Parnell McCarter
    • Michael Gaydosh
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2006
        Dear Brother McCarter,

        I would encourage you to read the book before jumping to conclusions.
        Your contention that Baptists are in no small measure
        responsible "for getting us in our current mess with immigation" may
        have some truth in it, but that does not mean that Baptists,
        especially REFORMED BAPTISTS have nothing to say on this matter.

        I will have David Dykstra respond for himself to your concerns, but
        he is on vacation at the moment.

        I appreciate the fact that you have taken the time to respond, but I
        hope you will be willing to listen before jumping to conclusions.

        Every blessing...

        Mike Gaydosh

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Parnell McCarter"
        <jparnellm@...> wrote:

        > The book referenced is by a Baptist. It was the Baptist anti-
        Establishment Principle position which was responsible in no small
        measure for getting us in our current mess with immigration.
        Baptists have long argued that the State should not enforce the first
        table of the Ten Commandments on the basis of their doctrine of "soul
        liberty". This false doctrine opens the door for all sorts of false
        religionists to take power and to come in.

        > As a former Baptist myself, I would recommend we look to other than
        Baptists for solutions on such issues as immigration of Muslims.

        > - Parnell McCarter

      • Fred blahous
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2006
          G'day Parnell,

          Immigration is one of those hot-button issues for me. As you are
          probably aware, last year we had Muslims terorising beach goers in
          NSW, and when the locals had had enough of it, they finally took
          matters into their own hands. This resulted in police attacking
          their own kinsmen to "defend" gangs of immigrant thugs, and the
          usual media whinning about how ashamed they are of their country.
          (Unfortunately, they don't back up their statements by leaving :c).
          It is amazing that these same gangs and their clerics always accuse
          Jews of creating a "hostile environment". We have had Jews from the
          start, and not one of them has ever harrassed or raped anyone.
          Muslims come over, and we get nothing but constant trouble from day
          one. I may not like the occupation of Palestinian Territories, but I
          would rather live next door to a full-fledged AIPAC member than a
          Leb Hizbollah member.

          All the best,
          Fred.

          <jparnellm@...> wrote:

          > The book referenced is by a Baptist. It was the Baptist anti-
          Establishment Principle position which was responsible in no small
          measure for getting us in our current mess with immigration.
          Baptists have long argued that the State should not enforce the
          first table of the Ten Commandments on the basis of their doctrine
          of "soul liberty". This false doctrine opens the door for all sorts
          of false religionists to take power and to come in.

          > As a former Baptist myself, I would recommend we look to other
          than Baptists for solutions on such issues as immigration of Muslims.

          > - Parnell McCarter

        • Parnell McCarter
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2006
            The damage done by Judaists is not as obvious as that done by Muslims, but it is very real.  Here in the USA, for example, Judaists have been a major part of such groups as the ACLU, which fought for abortion "rights", pro-evolutionary teaching in public schools, etc.  (You know, it was Cromwell who first let Judaists immigrate into Britain, against the opposition of most Presbyterians and Anglicans alike.)

            I think the best temporary solution is to let Judaists and Muslims alike have their own homelands.  Let's see how the different religions fare in running nations.  The Middle Eastern nations give us a good guage of how these religions work.  Sadly, though, there is no true reformed Christian nation in the world to show the world how it fares.  But we can see how they fare historically (Calvin's Geneva, Puritan New England, Knox's Scotland, etc.).  One major opponent of such a reformed Christian nation would be the USA (as well as most of the western nations) though.  They want secular humanist nations.

            - Parnell McCarter
          • Fred blahous
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 5, 2006
              G'day Parnell,

              I don't believe the mere presence of Jews is a problem. If they are
              given permanent residency, required to attend upon conversionist
              sermons once a week, and prohibitions against anyone borrowing or
              loaning money at interest are established, there should be no
              problems. The trouble is that countries have given them citizenship
              without required religious tests, enabling them to exercise civil
              and ecclesiastical office whilst still professing the Jewish
              religion, and given them a vote. Plus countries do not observe the
              old Cannons prohibiting such offices to the third generation of
              converted Jews. The laws allowing for moral reform groups have also
              contributed to the current problems.

              I understand that some Jews are hostile to Christianity and/or
              religion, but it is not universally true. If we simply send them all
              to Israel, we remove any opportunities for them to hear the gospel,
              and endanger the prospects for a peace settlement that would
              recognise the rights and boarders of both Israel and Palestine.
              Also, some Jews consider the existence of a Jewish state in
              Palestine to be heresy in a state of exile. Shouldn't they be
              permitted to dwell amongst us? The Presbyterians and Anglicans were
              more opposed to a commoner setting aside an act of King Edward
              (statute of Jewry), than with maintaining the act itself. Some felt
              that a return of the exiles would be good in itself, as regards
              extending the kingdom of Heaven to the Jews.

              All the best,
              Fred.

              PS: For the benefit of other readers, I should point out that the
              3rd Generation prohibition was not based on anti-Semetic bigotry,
              but was a response to the "Kol Nidre", a Jewish law which allowed
              for perjury to advance Judaization of kirk and kingdom by
              disregarding vows and oaths made under a feigned conversion. This
              was part of the motivation for Ferdinand and Isabella's expulsion
              laws.