Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: from Two Sons of Oil

  • Kevin Guillory
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2006
      Dear Fred,
          I'm afraid your logic is all-too-accurate.  Persecution of the church is inevitable.  And the wealth and comfort of most "Christians" is indeed hypocritical.

      In Christ,
      KEvin
      Fred blahous wrote:

      G'day Jerry,

      There seems to be a clear pattern to government. First, dump the
      heresy laws, then the witchcraft laws, then fornication and
      adultery, followed by no more sodomy statutes, then, before you know
      it, murderers are set free, until finally, the Vatican/UN beast
      starts executing us for our faith. I am not sorry that such is
      probably inevitable. I don't think national reformation is possible
      without us accepting a bloody martyrdom. Every real reformation has
      always had martyrs aplenty. I doubt the 1638 assembly were expecting
      two Bishops Wars, as they were under royal imprimprimature to do
      their work. I think the world sees the church as hypocritical
      because it is comfortable and will sacrifice anything to avoid pain,
      whilst all the greatest reformers bled. That scares me to death, but
      I believe it is true, and the one thing we lack, nonetheless.

      All the best,
      Fred.

      --- In covenantedreformati onclub@yahoogrou ps.com, "gmw"
      <raging.calvinist@ ...> wrote:

      > Samuel Wylie, explains the Civil Magistrates duty to enforce the
      First
      > Table of the Law (i.e. the first 4 of the 10 Commandments) in his
      > short book explaining the Covenanter doctrines of Ministry and
      > Magistracy, found here
      > http://www.covenant er.org/Wylie/ twosonsofoil. htm
      >
      > ----
      >
      > That offences against the second table of the moral law are
      > punishable, is admitted by all. This, therefore, requires no proof.
      >
      > That breaches of the first table should also be punished, is
      equally
      > warranted by reason, and the word of God. Let us examine the
      penalties
      > annexed to the obstinate violation of the first four precepts of
      the
      > decalogue. With respect to the first of these, see Deut. xiii. 1,
      5.
      > "If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, shall
      be
      > put to death, because he hath spoken lies, to turn you away from
      the
      > Lord your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt." Shall
      the
      > magistrate punish the man who rebels against his own authority, and
      > pass with impunity, or extend protection to the man, who,
      > "untrembling, mouths the heavens," and points his artillery at the
      > throne of the Omnipotent?
      >
      > With respect to the second commandment, the penalty annexed to the
      > breach of it is also expressly stated in Deut. xiii. 6. "If thy
      > brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the
      > wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul,
      entice
      > thee secretly, saying, Come, let us go, serve other gods–thou shalt
      > not consent unto him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou
      > conceal him, but thou shalt surely kill him." Compare Exod. xxxii.
      27.
      > Shall a robber of a little earthly property be severely punished?
      And
      > shall he who robs God of his glory, and gives it to graven images,
      > stocks, and stones, who, as in Hab. I. 16, sacrifices unto his net,
      > and burns incense to his drag, be allowed to pass with impunity?
      Hear
      > what Job the Chaldean, (who lived not under the Jewish economy)
      says,
      > chap. xxxi. 26, 28. "If I beheld the sun when it shined, or the
      moon
      > walking in brightness; and my heart hath been secretly enticed, or
      my
      > mouth hath kissed my hand; this also were an iniquity to be
      punished
      > by the judge."
      >
      > With respect to the third precept of the decalogue, we are
      informed,
      > Lev. xxiv. 15, 16. "Whosoever curseth his God, shall bear his sin,
      and
      > he that blasphemeth the name of the Lord, he shall surely be put to
      > death; and all the congregation shall stone him," &c. Shall a man
      be
      > punished for a treasonable expression against an earthly
      magistrate,
      > and be protected in blaspheming Christ, denying his divinity, and
      > vilifying and reproaching his blessed Spirit!! "If he that despised
      > Moses' law, died without mercy, under two or three witnesses; of
      how
      > much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who
      > hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood
      of
      > the covenant wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath
      > done despite unto the Spirit of grace?" Heb. x. 28, 29.
      >
      > With respect to the fourth, we may consult Nehemiah xiii 15, 19.
      When