Re: [Covenanted Reformation] The Biblical Marks of AntiChrist exposed by the Faithful

  • Parnell McCarter
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 20 6:36 PM

      >Flee mystery Bablyon friends, for the Lord's wrath is upon the Church of

      Rome and the Popes!!

      Edgar, Rev 17 says that the Beast of 7 Hills (accompanying the "10 Nations") destroys the mysterious Babylon, does it not?

      - Parnell McCarter

      www.puritans.net

    • presby.dobee
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 22 6:09 PM
        Parnell, so you are a Praeterist, then? No offense. Who do you
        believe is the Dragon, and the other creature (Beast) of Rev. 13?
        presby.dobee

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Parnell McCarter"

      • jparnellm@usxchange.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 24 5:33 AM
          Quoting "presby.dobee" <presby.dobee@...>:

          > Parnell, so you are a Praeterist, then?

          Wrong conclusion by a long shot.

          >Who do you
          > believe is the Dragon, and the other creature (Beast) of Rev. 13?

          the Beast of 7 Hills = the Papacy

          > ...Rev 17 says that the Beast of 7 Hills (accompanying the "10
          > Nations") destroys the mysterious Babylon, does it not?

          I believe the Papacy and his allied nations will destroy the USA, and bring down
          the modern secularist order, just as the wicked Medo-Persian kingdom brought
          down the wicked ancient Babylonian kingdom.

          - Parnell McCarter
        • presby.dobee
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 24 5:09 PM
            Parnell, who is the Dragon of Rev. 13 then? Who is the first beast
            of Rev. 13? Who is the beast that follows the first beast in Rev. 13
            aka, the second beast that had two horns, like a lamb, and speaks
            like a dragon? Thanks for your reply.

            P.S. - Am i correct in understanding that you believe the second
            beast of Rev. 13 is the line of Popes? If so, when did the first
            beast appear in history?

            P.S.S. - Do you believe that the visible Church includes Papists?
            presby.dobee

            --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, jparnellm@...
            wrote:

            > Quoting "presby.dobee" <presby.dobee@...>:
            >
            > > Parnell, so you are a Praeterist, then?
            >
            > Wrong conclusion by a long shot.
            >
            > >Who do you
            > > believe is the Dragon, and the other creature (Beast) of Rev. 13?
            >
            > the Beast of 7 Hills = the Papacy
            >

            > > ...Rev 17 says that the Beast of 7 Hills (accompanying the "10
            > > Nations") destroys the mysterious Babylon, does it not?
            >
            > I believe the Papacy and his allied nations will destroy the USA,
            and bring down
            > the modern secularist order, just as the wicked Medo-Persian
            kingdom brought
            > down the wicked ancient Babylonian kingdom.
            >
            > - Parnell McCarter

          • presby.dobee
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 26 5:56 PM
              Parnell, your site says one of the two beasts is held to be the AntiChrist by Historicists
              Rev.13. Which do you believe is the AntiChrist?

              wrote:

              > >Flee mystery Bablyon friends, for the Lord's wrath is upon the Church of Rome and the
              Popes!!

              > Edgar, Rev 17 says that the Beast of 7 Hills (accompanying the "10 Nations") destroys
              the mysterious Babylon, does it not?

              > - Parnell McCarter
              >
              > www.puritans.net

            • Parnell McCarter
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 26 6:56 PM
                > Parnell, your site says one of the two beasts is held to be the AntiChrist
                by Historicists
                > Rev.13. Which do you believe is the AntiChrist?
                > presby.dobee

                http://www.puritans.net/letmypeoplego.html:

                "...
                1. The book of Revelation traces the Christian church's history as
                paralleling that of ancient Israel's history, with an escape from bondage in
                an "Egypt", a wilderness experience, a period of trials and temptations, a
                "Babylonian" oppression, a restoration (or 'millennium'), and a visible
                advent of Christ. This is similar to the way in which Christ's life
                paralleled that of ancient Israel's history, and in this way fulfilled Old
                Testament typological prophecy.

                2. In scriptural prophecy a day represents one year of actual history.
                So Seventy Weeks in Daniel's prophecy equals 490 years, and 1,260 days in
                Revelation's prophecy equals 1,260 years.

                3. The political Beast described in Revelation 13:1-10 as coming "out
                of the sea" is the civil pagan-to-nominally Christian Roman Empire. The
                pagan Roman Empire corresponds to the sixth kingdom of this Beast alluded to
                in Revelation 17:10, and the nominally Christian Roman Empire corresponds to
                the seventh kingdom of this Beast alluded to there. This sea Beast
                primarily exercises its authority through its political power.

                4. The land Beast described in Revelation 13:11-18 (aka "the False
                Prophet" in Revelation 19:20) is the Papal kingdom of the Romish Church.
                This land Beast primarily exercises its authority through its ecclesiastical
                power.

                5. The civil pagan-to-nominally Christian Roman Empire, working with
                the Papacy, oppress Christ's elect during the 1,260 year wilderness
                experience of the church up to the Protestant Reformation. This 1,260 year
                wilderness period (Revelation 11:3) commences in 70 A.D. at the time of the
                desolation of Jerusalem in 70 A.D.

                6. The book of Revelation, along with the book of Daniel, prophesies
                the ministry of John Wyckliffe as leading the church out of its wilderness e
                xperience and into the 'Promised Land' of the Protestant Reformation. It
                accurately predicts his birth around 1330 A.D., which is 1,260 years after
                70 A.D. It also accurately predicts the inception of his public ministry
                around 1360 A.D. And it anticipates the establishment of the reformation
                movements on the European continent as well as the British Isles by 1405
                A.D. In addition, it foretells how this reformation would result in
                Biblical Protestant nations, where many of the leading kingdoms of this
                world truly became kingdoms of the Lord. The Protestant Reformation thus
                served as a triumph for Christ's church, and as a foretaste of the much
                later millennial restoration and even later new earth.

                7. We are now in the general epoch marked by the "Babylonian"
                oppression of Christ's church, which followed in the aftermath of the
                Protestant Reformation. It is a period characterized most predominantly by
                the humanistic Enlightenment, which deceived most of the reformed Protestant
                world and led her into whoredom.

                ..."

                I believe the land Beast described in Revelation 13:11-18 (aka "the False
                Prophet" in Revelation 19:20) is the Papal kingdom of the Romish Church,
                and this I believe corresponds to the Man of Sin described in II Thes 2.

                - Parnell McCarter
              • presby.dobee
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 27 4:44 AM
                  Parnell, you then believe 666 is not the number of AntiChrist, for the number belongs to
                  the second beast Rev. 13:18, and not the first, according to Scripture. Your scheme is not
                  supported by the Infallible Word of God. Perhaps you made a typographical error...

                  Parnell wrote: 4. "The land Beast described in Revelation 13:11-18 (aka "the False
                  Prophet" in Revelation 19:20) is the Papal kingdom of the Romish Church.
                  This land Beast primarily exercises its authority through its ecclesiastical power.

                  I think it would be helpful to list the Biblical Marks of AntiChrist in the KJV, first. We could
                  then discuss the Truth of Scripture from there.

                  wrote:

> [...]
                  > Biblical Protestant nations, where many of the leading kingdoms of this
                  > world truly became kingdoms of the Lord. The Protestant Reformation thus
                  > served as a triumph for Christ's church, and as a foretaste of the much
                  > later millennial restoration and even later new earth.
                  >
                  > 7. We are now in the general epoch marked by the "Babylonian"
                  > oppression of Christ's church, which followed in the aftermath of the
                  > Protestant Reformation. It is a period characterized most predominantly by
                  > the humanistic Enlightenment, which deceived most of the reformed Protestant
                  > world and led her into whoredom.
                  >
                  > ..."
                  >
                  > I believe the land Beast described in Revelation 13:11-18 (aka "the False
                  > Prophet" in Revelation 19:20) is the Papal kingdom of the Romish Church,
                  > and this I believe corresponds to the Man of Sin described in II Thes 2.

                • presby.dobee
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 14, 2006
                    Parnell, Do you see your Scriptural error on the Pope as AntiChrist?
                    presby.dobee

                    --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "presby.dobee"