Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Usury or the Charging of Interest on Money Lent

  • Parnell McCarter
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 17, 2006
      > I suppose I ought to confess, I have not read a great deal about
      > economics.

      For those who would be interested, the Puritans' Home School Curriculum
      (www.puritans.net ) does have free course material for economics. The
      objective was to make a course consistent with the doctrines of the
      Westminster Stds. (BTW- While Dr. Gary North may have a number of useful
      insights, he is not a full subscriptionist to the *real* Westminster Stds.
      Nor was Adam Smith, by an even longer shot!!) Authors of economics
      textbooks who do not adhere to the doctrines of the Westminster Stds should
      not be expected to write textbooks consistent with the Westminster Stds.
      These archers are aiming at a different target.

      - Parnell McCarter
    • multiplose
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 18, 2006
        Hey,

        Thanks man.

        -Julian

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Parnell McCarter"
        <jparnellm@...> wrote:

        > > I suppose I ought to confess, I have not read a great deal about
        > > economics.
        >
        > For those who would be interested, the Puritans' Home School
        Curriculum
        > (www.puritans.net ) does have free course material for
        economics. The
        > objective was to make a course consistent with the doctrines of the
        > Westminster Stds. (BTW- While Dr. Gary North may have a number of
        useful
        > insights, he is not a full subscriptionist to the *real*
        Westminster Stds.
        > Nor was Adam Smith, by an even longer shot!!) Authors of economics
        > textbooks who do not adhere to the doctrines of the Westminster
        Stds should
        > not be expected to write textbooks consistent with the Westminster
        Stds.
        > These archers are aiming at a different target.
        >
        > - Parnell McCarter

      • forisraelssake
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 22, 2006
          Julian

          I don't know if you check it much or not, but can you check the email
          address associated with the multiplose user account for this egroup? I
          sent you a private message. Thanks!

          Chris