Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: Satanic Aztec & Popish Culture 15th - 16th C...

  • trygvesson@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 17, 2006
      In a message dated 4/17/2006 7:44:38 AM Eastern Standard Time, presby.dobee@... writes:
      "Truth need not fear lies and lying.
      presby.dobee is my name (this is an internet forum)"

      Greetings. If truth need not fear lies and lying, it also need not fear simple open identification. We do not believe in secret societies etc, and knowing one another's name and denominational affiliation provides a friendly background to our discussions as well as simple Christian accountability.

      I urge you to consider providing your name and church affiliation.

      Besides, it is difficult to take someone seriously when their made up name is the same as the name of something teenagers in the 1970s rolled and smoked in secret (dobees).

      ;-)

      PS: I also recommend to Jerry that he consider making disclosure of name and denominational affiliation in one's post signatures a term of forum participation, as it is in most other reformed internet discussion forums.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Christopher Coombes
      Lynchburg Reformed Presbyterian Fellowship,
      Lynchburg, VA
      Member, Triangle RPC
      RPCNA
    • Hammer Of the malignants
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 17, 2006

        I not sure I like the idea of that. Not cos I got anything to hide, but, just not keen on it. supplying it to the moderator on joining (off forum) however would be okay.  but some folks like a certain amount of anonyminity online just because they do.  besides, I don't know what denominational affilation means really, and not everyone is part of the visible church in that way.

        ~Deejay
        closet covie ;-)

        On 17/04/06, trygvesson@... <trygvesson@...> wrote:
        In a message dated 4/17/2006 7:44:38 AM Eastern Standard Time, presby.dobee@...

        PS: I also recommend to Jerry that he consider making disclosure of name and denominational affiliation in one's post signatures a term of forum participation, as it is in most other reformed internet discussion forums.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Christopher Coombes
        Lynchburg Reformed Presbyterian Fellowship,
        Lynchburg, VA
        Member, Triangle RPC
        RPCNA
      • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 17, 2006

          Chris,

          Maybe this guy is trying to say that Presbyterians are on a dobee...hence his handle

          ???

          hehehehe...

          What do Papists put in their incense, I wonder?  :D

          Yours in Christ,

          Edgar Ibarra

          Albany Covenanted Reformed Presbyterian Church, NY

          www.ReformedPresbytery.org

          www.PresbiterianoReformado.org

          www.AlbanyCRPC.org

          --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, trygvesson@... wrote:

          > In a message dated 4/17/2006 7:44:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          > presby.dobee@... writes:
          > "Truth need not fear lies and lying.
          > presby.dobee is my name (this is an internet forum)"
          >

          > Greetings. If truth need not fear lies and lying, it also need not fear
          > simple open identification. We do not believe in secret societies etc, and
          > knowing one another's name and denominational affiliation provides a friendly
          > background to our discussions as well as simple Christian accountability.
          >
          > I urge you to consider providing your name and church affiliation.
          >
          > Besides, it is difficult to take someone seriously when their made up name
          > is the same as the name of something teenagers in the 1970s rolled and smoked
          > in secret (dobees).
          >
          > ;-)
          >
          > PS: I also recommend to Jerry that he consider making disclosure of name and
          > denominational affiliation in one's post signatures a term of forum
          > participation, as it is in most other reformed internet discussion forums.
          >
          > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          > Christopher Coombes
          > Lynchburg Reformed Presbyterian Fellowship,
          > Lynchburg, VA
          > Member, Triangle RPC
          > RPCNA

        • presby.dobee
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 17, 2006
            Chris, It's spelled "doobie."
            presby.dobee

            --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, trygvesson@... wrote:

            > In a message dated 4/17/2006 7:44:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
            > presby.dobee@... writes:
            > "Truth need not fear lies and lying.
            > presby.dobee is my name (this is an internet forum)"
            >

            > Greetings. If truth need not fear lies and lying, it also need not fear
            > simple open identification. We do not believe in secret societies etc, and
            > knowing one another's name and denominational affiliation provides a friendly
            > background to our discussions as well as simple Christian accountability.
            >
            > I urge you to consider providing your name and church affiliation.
            >
            > Besides, it is difficult to take someone seriously when their made up name
            > is the same as the name of something teenagers in the 1970s rolled and smoked
            > in secret (dobees).
            >
            > ;-)
            >
            > PS: I also recommend to Jerry that he consider making disclosure of name and
            > denominational affiliation in one's post signatures a term of forum
            > participation, as it is in most other reformed internet discussion forums.

            > Christopher Coombes
            > Lynchburg Reformed Presbyterian Fellowship,
            > Lynchburg, VA
            > Member, Triangle RPC
            > RPCNA

          • Larry Bump
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 18, 2006
              I always figured it was meant to be the "do-bee" of Romper Room fame...

              Larry