[Covenanted Reformation] Re: past redemption

  • presby.dobee
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 16, 2006
      A eunuch in the early Church, is nowhere excluded from being
      Presbuteros (presbyter) or diakonai (deacon). AS a matter of fact,
      he has an advantage over those who can reproduce, physically.

      Peter, asked Our Lord, "What about us? We left all we had to follow
      you." The Divine Master answered: "I tell you solemnly, there is no
      one who has left house, wife, brothers, parents or children for the
      sake of the kingdom of God, who will not be given repayment many
      times over in this present time and, in the world to come, eternal
      life" (Lk 18:28-30, cf. Mt 19:27-30; Mk 10:20-21).

      The single man or woman, who dedicates himself to serving in the
      Church, without marriage, is able to be far more effective, than
      those who are called to married life, no?

      presby.dobee

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Cheryl Grenon"
      <cheryl@...> wrote:

      > Dear Dee Jay,
      >
      > Maybe it would help you get your mind around this if you thought
      of these repentant sinners as eunuchs.

      > Cheryl

      off and women have there insides taken out. So don't think it can be
      reversed. Maybe you're right. Maybe its the shock factor, as tho
      having heard of this sex changing thingy before, didn't really
      understand it much, till I saw it on the TV in a news item. But if
      they can't have it reversed, (which is my understanding) then don't
      see how they cannot continue but life a sinful lifestyle. as they
      are living lies. I appreciate what you said about not changing
      their person inside, and hadn't thought about that, but, if they
      can't have it reversed, then it just seems odd if they were to ever
      proclaim themselves Christians when in appearance at least, and to
      all outward things they are living lies.

      > I don't mean to sound condemnatory of this particular sin any more
      than any other. I just can't get me head around it, if they can't
      have it reversed is all.
      -------------

      > I love your verse on your footer. :-) Needed to hear something
      like that just now. COOL. :-)

      > ~Deejay
      >

      > On 16/04/06, Irene Flewelling <myjoyisthelord@...> wrote:
      >
      > Hey Deejay,
      >
      > How're you doing? :)
      > It seems to me that in the same manner that any of us can
      repent of our sins and loathe them even though we can't undo what
      we've done in the past, so someone who's had a physical gender
      change (obviously they can't really change who they are, but they've
      tried, in surgically altering their outward appearance) can likewise
      repent and loathe their past mistakes. They don't have to continue
      to live in this sin. They could have it changed back, too, couldn't
      they? I admit I'm a little ignorant on this subject, and don't know
      all the ins and outs. But I think it's a pretty serious thing to
      say that the Gospel isn't even offered to them because of a mistake
      they've made.
      > Section 4 of chapter 15 in the Westminster Confession of
      Faith states, "As there is no sin so small, but it deserves
      damnation, so there is no sin so great, that it can bring damnation
      upon those who truly repent."
      > Romans 8:1: "There is therefore now no condemnation to them
      which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after
      the Spirit."

      > In Christ, our gracious Lord and Saviour,
      > your sister
      > ~~Irene
      >

      > -
      >
      > I waited for the Lord