Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Past redemption

  • Hammer Of the malignants
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 14, 2006
      Its got nothing to do with feelings.  Or that this sin is any less or any worse than any thing else. The scripture says, repent and be baptized, (with the Holy Spirit)  they can't repent.

      ~Deejay

      On 14/04/06, Nikolai <psalmos@...> wrote:
      Crazy Calvinist wrote:
      >  I find I wonder if men and woman who have, well I don't know
      > what you call it, but they reverse there sex, into the oppoiste thing,
      > like a man becomes a woman and a woman a man,  somehow by surgery, this
      > seems to me to be the one group of people who put themselves beyond
      > being saved, by messing with nature in such a catastrophic way.

      Who shall be saved is rather clearly stated in Scripture - all those who
      shall call upon the name of the Lord (Rom 10:3). As much as the practice
      you describe deserves nothing but condemnation, you simply cannot make
      your own conclusions as to who can and cannot be saved based on your
      feelings.

      Nikolai

    • Nikolai
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 14, 2006
        Hammer Of the malignants wrote:
        > The scripture says, repent and be
        > baptized, (with the Holy Spirit) they can't repent.

        The fact that they can't reverse back to their "original" condition
        doesn't mean they can't repent unless you have some queer view of
        repentance.

        This whole idea of such and such people cannot be saved because *they*
        have done something terrible is pure papism and you should really
        re-examine your view of who can and cannot repent unless of course you
        receive special revelations on this matters from the Holy Ghost.

        Nikolai
      • Hammer Of the malignants
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 14, 2006
          Repentance means a turning away. A homosexual or some other type of sexual perversion, you can leave it behind.  YOu can't leave behind that particular thing, since it is irreversible. since as you say it cannot be reversed.  they will continue to live as the opposite sex to which they were created in, maybe even continue to be "married" to the same sex as they were born into.  Its not a case of doing something terrible. but they cannot turn away from it, and live the life God created them to do before they had the surgery.  and I'm no fan of his popeness!  (just to be clear)

          And since I don't know anyone I'm referring about, I think calling them "they" is quite normal.  Its not used in a  derogatory way.

          ~Deejay

          On 15/04/06, Nikolai <psalmos@...> wrote:
          Hammer Of the malignants wrote:
          > The scripture says, repent and be
          > baptized, (with the Holy Spirit)  they can't repent.

          The fact that they can't reverse back to their "original" condition
          doesn't mean they can't repent unless you have some queer view of
          repentance.

          This whole idea of such and such people cannot be saved because *they*
          have done something terrible is pure papism and you should really
          re-examine your view of who can and cannot repent unless of course you
          receive special revelations on this matters from the Holy Ghost.

          Nikolai

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • Hammer Of the malignants

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 14, 2006
              Hammer Of the malignants wrote:
              > Repentance means a turning away.

              Yes it is but it is at the same time a mental act and has nothing to do
              with the body or its condition.

              You obviously are not realising, are you, that the view you're trying to
              support here places salvation in the hands of men, literally, which is
              popism not to mention that one can easily argue that all those who have
              had cosmetic surgery are beyond salvation since, according to you, they
              have violated something you call "nature" and their condition cannot be
              reversed.

              Please read once again Paul's clear statement in Romans 10:13 and note
              the "whosoever" clause. I simply fail to see how someone with a
              mutilated body will be unable to "call upon the name of Lord." Perhaps
              you should explain how instead just claim that they can't.

              Nikolai
            • Hammer Of the malignants
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 14, 2006
                well, I don't think having ones eyebrows unwrinkled, or a tatoo is the same thing.  as I said in the previous post, they have to by its VERY NATURE (not yelling) continue on in a sinful lifestyle.  Its the unsuitable vessel thing I spoke of is how it seems.  Continuing on in a sinful lifestyle in that way, is not part of  the deal for any Christian. But in this case, they continue to live after the flesh, because they have no choice.

                But don't think I can say any more, but tis just how it seems to me.

                ~Deejay

                On 15/04/06, Nikolai <psalmos@...> wrote:
                Hammer Of the malignants wrote:
                > Repentance means a turning away.

                Yes it is but it is at the same time a mental act and has nothing to do
                with the body or its condition.

                You obviously are not realising, are you, that the view you're trying to
                support here places salvation in the hands of men, literally, which is
                popism not to mention that one can easily argue that all those who have
                had cosmetic surgery are beyond salvation since, according to you, they
                have violated something you call "nature" and their condition cannot be
                reversed.

                Please read once again Paul's clear statement in Romans 10:13 and note
                the "whosoever" clause. I simply fail to see how someone with a
                mutilated body will be unable to "call upon the name of Lord." Perhaps
                you should explain how instead just claim that they can't.

                Nikolai

                True religion Theology

                YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS