[Covenanted Reformation] Re: Fred, two questions...

  • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 11, 2006
      Ah, yes Nikolai, thank you for pointing that out! I must have
      missed that when I read the text.

      Thanks again!

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Nikolai
      <psalmos@...> wrote:

      > Edgar A. Ibarra Jr. wrote:
      >
      > > How do you reconcile your above statements to the very Word of
      God that
      > > contradicts your words:
      > >
      > > And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, to return from
      following
      > > after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou
      lodgest, I
      > > will lodge: _*thy people my people*_, and thy God my God. Ruth
      1:16

      > <snip>
      >
      > Edgar,
      > even before v16 we find in v4 the national identity of Ruth is
      clearly
      > stated:
      >
      > And they took them wives of the *women of Moab*; the name of the
      one was
      > Orpah, and the name of the other Ruth: and they dwelled there
      about ten
      > years.
      >
      > "Women of Moab" could never refer to an Israelite woman even if
      she was
      > living in Moab at the time.
      >
      > Nikolai

    • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 11, 2006
        Hello my sister Cheryl!

        I just recently read a C.I. web site the other day, boy the way they
        quote Calvin & Luther...yuck! anyways, having read the Book of
        Mormon before, while eating a Burrito with hot sauce, just to make
        sure I got a burning in my bossom and therefore get all I could out
        of that Book...I found that both C.I. and the Mormons are really,
        really good story tellers and excellent historical fiction writers.

        hehehehehe.

        Your Mexica brother in Christ,

        Edgar

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Cheryl Grenon"
        <cheryl@...> wrote:

        > How Christian Identity gets around this is to state that earlier
        in their history, Israelites moved into Moab's land and populated it
        so that they are really Israelites and not Moabites living there.
        They are just using the place name to call themselves by.

        > Cheryl -- who, unfortunately, has way too good an aquaintance with
        Christian Identity

        Service.