Re: Fred, two questions...

  • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 10, 2006

      Fred,

      Wrote...

      > As for Ruth, she is simply referred to as a lady living in Moabite
      > territory, and not as an ethnic Moabitess. This could inferr an
      > Israelite living in Moab.
      >
      > All the best,
      > Fred.

      How do you reconcile your above statements to the very Word of God that contradicts your words:

      And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people my people, and thy God my God.   Ruth 1:16

      And Ruth the Moabitess said unto Naomi… Ruth 2:2

      And Ruth the Moabitess said,… Ruth 2:21

      An Israelite living in Moab, I think NOT!  That would be Naomi NOT Ruth.

      For in Christ there is NO distinction

      of persons,

      Edgar Ibarra

    • Nikolai
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 10, 2006
        Edgar A. Ibarra Jr. wrote:

        > How do you reconcile your above statements to the very Word of God that
        > contradicts your words:
        >
        > And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, to return from following
        > after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I
        > will lodge: _*thy people my people*_, and thy God my God. Ruth 1:16

        <snip>

        Edgar,
        even before v16 we find in v4 the national identity of Ruth is clearly
        stated:

        And they took them wives of the *women of Moab*; the name of the one was
        Orpah, and the name of the other Ruth: and they dwelled there about ten
        years.

        "Women of Moab" could never refer to an Israelite woman even if she was
        living in Moab at the time.

        Nikolai
      • Cheryl Grenon
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 10, 2006
          How Christian Identity gets around this is to state that earlier in their history, Israelites moved into Moab's land and populated it so that they are really Israelites and not Moabites living there.  They are just using the place name to call themselves by.

          Cheryl -- who, unfortunately, has way too good an aquaintance with Christian Identity

          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 11, 2006
            Ah, yes Nikolai, thank you for pointing that out! I must have
            missed that when I read the text.

            Thanks again!

            --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Nikolai
            <psalmos@...> wrote:

            > Edgar A. Ibarra Jr. wrote:
            >
            > > How do you reconcile your above statements to the very Word of
            God that
            > > contradicts your words:
            > >
            > > And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, to return from
            following
            > > after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou
            lodgest, I
            > > will lodge: _*thy people my people*_, and thy God my God. Ruth
            1:16

            > <snip>
            >
            > Edgar,
            > even before v16 we find in v4 the national identity of Ruth is
            clearly
            > stated:
            >
            > And they took them wives of the *women of Moab*; the name of the
            one was
            > Orpah, and the name of the other Ruth: and they dwelled there
            about ten
            > years.
            >
            > "Women of Moab" could never refer to an Israelite woman even if
            she was
            > living in Moab at the time.
            >
            > Nikolai

          • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 11, 2006
              Hello my sister Cheryl!

              I just recently read a C.I. web site the other day, boy the way they
              quote Calvin & Luther...yuck! anyways, having read the Book of
              Mormon before, while eating a Burrito with hot sauce, just to make
              sure I got a burning in my bossom and therefore get all I could out
              of that Book...I found that both C.I. and the Mormons are really,
              really good story tellers and excellent historical fiction writers.

              hehehehehe.

              Your Mexica brother in Christ,

              Edgar

              --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Cheryl Grenon"
              <cheryl@...> wrote:

              > How Christian Identity gets around this is to state that earlier
              in their history, Israelites moved into Moab's land and populated it
              so that they are really Israelites and not Moabites living there.
              They are just using the place name to call themselves by.

              > Cheryl -- who, unfortunately, has way too good an aquaintance with
              Christian Identity

              Service.