In Scotland later this month

  • Whit
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2006
      I will be visiting a friend in Glasgow and will be between and in the
      cities of Glasgow and Edinburgh. One of my interests is visiting
      historical Covenanter sites. I was wondering if you could recommend
      any sites of interest?

      Whit
    • hammer_of_the_malignants
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 5, 2006

        This is the only thing I know.Greyfriars kirkyard    And if you go, don't forget to look for the statue of Greyfriars Bobby either!!  He's a famous dog who was given freedom of the city.  Not as noble as the Covenanter martyrs of course, but a noble dog nevertheless.

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Whit" <covie_pres.1646@...> wrote:

        > I will be visiting a friend in Glasgow and will be between and in the
        > cities of Glasgow and Edinburgh. One of my interests is visiting
        > historical Covenanter sites. I was wondering if you could recommend
        > any sites of interest?
        >
        > Whit

      • hammer_of_the_malignants
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 5, 2006
          Sorry, I just remebered one more thing too. St. Giles university is
          where the unmarked grave of John KNox is. Apparenlty where the grave
          is, is now a car park and cars park over it, but its still there and
          able to be seen.

          Can't find a link.