Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Digest Number 1305

  • Benjamin Hart
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2006
      Hey Fred,

      Thanks for the recommendations - when I myself study the papacy in more depth, I'll have to take a look at them.

      A few reasons I like the teaching company courses though...

      1.  Multiple formats for learning - I can get them on DVD, audio lecture, or download them for my mp3 player.  Convenience is key these days.

      2.  Even though it's not from the 'right' perspective, I've come to appreaciate the viewpoint of the scholar who doesn't agree with my Christian beliefs.  Just because they're in the wrong camp, doesn't mean they are without good information.

      3.  If they are skewing the facts, at least you can say you know how and where because you've studied your opponent.

      What is UQ?  University of Queensland?  If so, what is your major?  Degree sought?
      I like your charactarization of what it means to be biased, by the way.  I may adopt it for myself.

      -Ben

      Yahoo! Mail