Re: Is This just sour grapes?

  • Fred blahous
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 19, 2006
      G'day Deejay.

      As a current member of the PCA (Australia) seeking membership in an
      original Covenantor church (if one can be found here), I would say
      that this guy really knows the PCA cult well. I exclude the very
      good teachers I have, but the body as a whole is like a cancer,
      always trying to turn further away from the Reformed heritage and
      embrace corrupt modern Evangelicalism. If the EPC in Brisbane where
      a Covenanter church, I would have already applied to have my
      membership transferred to them.

      I know a bit about the Carl Fox case. His wife sought an unbiblical
      divorce, and the PCA Missisipi Valley Presbyterry refused to council
      her on the official Book Of Church Order teaching on this. When he
      raised the matter with the session, they accused him of Contumacy
      and excluded him from membership. He appealed to the 16th General
      Assembly which backed his case and told him to return to his church.
      His minister then had him arrested for "tresspassing" in violation
      of that General Assembly ruling, and had him locked up with hardened
      criminals where he was sodomised. The moderator of the assembly then
      allowed the MVP to ignore the GA and whitewash the whole sorry
      episode. Even now, they pretend that the 16th GA never existed and
      refuse to allow him to defend himself. He has since had numerous
      operations due to stress, and was forced to go public after the
      church refused to discipline the errant ministers and restore his
      membership.

      It seems strange to me that the PCA body as a whole will do anything
      it can to denigrate family life and fruitfulness, even to the extent
      of promoting "singles ministry", secretly councilling unbiblical
      divorce, issueing a statement on Racism that doesn't deal with
      actual racism, but simply criticises members for marrying their own
      peaple and not strangers, in accord with Ezra, Nehemiah, and
      Phinehas, promoting birth controls, and even lauding the fascist
      papist nun, "Mother Theresa" in World Mag. Unbelievable! I smell the
      whif of Rome trying to prevent Protestant fruitfulness here. They
      are close to Zondervan which is owned by Conrad Black who is Jesuit-
      educated. Hmmm.

      All the best,
      Fred.

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Crazy Calvinist"
      <crazy_calvinist@...> wrote:

      > Of an irate and indignant individual? Someone (the person
      involved in the
      > dispute) posted the link on my website last night. And have heard
      bad
      > things about the PCA at times in this group, and this link (which
      claimes
      > the PCA is a cult) was kind of confusing. Though it may be meaning
      just the
      > one specific church belonging to the PCA, but was kind of hard to
      follow.

      > Presby.com <http://www.surplusnet.com/presbyterian/email-
      stanley_pace.php>

      > ~Deejay

    • Crazy Calvinist
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 19, 2006
        Hi Fred,

        thanks for this.  Sounds pretty much like overwhelmingly the greater majority of "Reformed" churches here in the UK.  I heard of one recently, peforming two confirmation services,  one the parents are unbelievers, but the parents asked for it, so to keep the folks happy it was done.  The evangelical or what comes under heading of Reformed at least here in the UK, seems to be a people pleasing, society by enlarge.   Maybe our equivalent of your PCA.  that's not including Scotland or Ireland of course.  And  as you say, it is like a cancer, a few things creep in, and before you know it, its just as popish as any Anglican church.

        ~Deejay

        Fred blahous <fritzbau@...> wrote:
        G'day Deejay.

        As a current member of the PCA (Australia) seeking membership in an
        original Covenantor church (if one can be found here), I would say
        that this guy really knows the PCA cult well. I exclude the very
        good teachers I have, but the body as a whole is like a cancer,
        always trying to turn further away from the Reformed heritage and
        embrace corrupt modern Evangelicalism. If the EPC in Brisbane where
        a Covenanter church, I would have already applied to have my
        membership transferred to them.

      • reformed_wild_child
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 19, 2006
          I posted this on my blog, but it seems pertinent to this discussion
          and just as releveant as in the days taht Rutherford wrote it:

          1. Besides the distresses of the Reformed churches abroad, the many
          reigning sins of uncleanness, ungodliness, and unrighteousness in
          this land, the present judgments on the land, and many more hanging
          over us, whereof few are sensible, or yet know the right and true
          cause of them.

          2. The lamentable and pitiful estate of a glorious church (in so
          short a time, against so many bonds), in doctrine, sacrament, and
          discipline, so sore persecuted, in the persons of faithful pastors
          and professors, and the door of God's house kept so straight by
          bastard porters, insomuch that worthy instruments, able for the
          work, are held at the door, the rulers having turned over religion
          into policy, and the multitude ready to receive any religion that
          shall be enjoined by authority.

          3. In our humiliation, besides that we are under a necessity of
          deprecating God's wrath, and vowing to God sincerely new obedience,
          the weakness, coldness, silence, and lukewarmness of some of the
          best of the ministry, and the deadness of professors, who have
          suffered the truth both secretly to be stolen away, and openly to be
          plucked from us, would be confessed.

          4. Atheism, idolatry, profanity, and vanity, should be confessed;
          our king's heart recommended to God; and God entreated, that He
          would stir up the nobles and the people to turn from their evil ways.

          From Samuel Rutherford's Letters