Bavinck's "Reformed Dogmatics" Volume Three Finally Available

  • Michael Gaydosh
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 16, 2006
      We have been promising our customers for months that Volume Three of Herman Bavinck's magisterial Reformed Dogmatics would be available but a variety of problems caused the work to be pushed back from the Fall of 2005 until this week. We are delighted to announce that Volume Three: 'Sin and Salvation in Christ' is now available.

      REFORMED DOGMATICS: Volume 3
      Sin and Salvation in Christ

      Herman Bavinck

      This hardcover volume is over 700 pages.
      Theologians have long appreciated Herman Bavinck's four-volume masterpiece, Gereformeerde Dogmatiek, for its comprehensive treatment of dogmatic theology. Now, thanks to the Dutch Reformed Translation Society, the third volume of Bavinck's magisterial Reformed Dogmatics is available in English for the first time.

      Herman Bavinck (1854-1921) succeeded Abraham Kuyper as professor of systematic theology at the Free University in Amsterdam in 1902.

      "Bavinck was a man of giant mind, vast learning, ageless wisdom, and great expository skill. Solid but lucid, demanding but satisfying, broad and deep and sharp and stabilizing, Bavinck's magisterial Reformed Dogmatics remains after a century the supreme achievement of its kind."--J. I. Packer

      "This magisterial work exhibits Bavinck's vast knowledge and appreciation of the Christian tradition. Written from a Reformed perspective, it offers a perceptive critique of modern theology. Highly Recommended." --Library Journal

      "Pastors and theologians will welcome the historic first complete translation of Herman Bavinck's 'Reformed Dogmatics' . . . This masterful theological work is now available to passionate students of theology." - R. Albert Mohler

      Bavinck's approach throughout is meticulous, though he wears his vast learning lightly. As he moves throughout the subject of dogmatic theology, he stands on the shoulders of giants such as Augustine, John Calvin, Francis Turretin, and Charles Hodge. This masterwork will appeal to scholars and students of theology, research and theological libraries, and pastors and laity who read serious works of Reformed theology.

      SGCB Price: $27.95 (list price $49.99)
      Order All Three Volumes for just $82.00 (List Price $149.97)

      http://www.solid-ground-books.com/books_reformedclassics.asp
      Call us Toll Free at 1-877-666-9469
      Respond to this e-mail at sgcb@...