Resources for counseling sexual brokenness including homosexuality

  • berean1993
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 5, 2006
      Chad:

      Jay Adams would say homosexual trangression requires the same
      treatment as any other sexual trangression, "radical surgery." That
      is, if the individual is truely repentant, really wants to forsake
      the sin forever, then he/she has to go "cold turkey," -- "radical
      surgery," never see the partner again, and cease fellowship with any
      persons given to sexual transgressions.

      As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

      Just as important as the "radical surgery" is immediately getting
      into Christian fellowship, because they will have an irenic effect on
      him/her, influence him/her to stay on the straight and narrow.

      See:

      Foster, David Kyle, <A
      HREF="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0964500000/webedbiblicalc
      ou"><B>Sexual Healing: God's Plan for the Sanctification of Broken
      Lives: A Reference Manual for Ministering to Those Trapped in Sexual
      Sin and Brokenness</B></A> (Jacksonville, FL [Mastering Life
      Ministries, P.O. Box 351149, Jacksonville 32235]: Mastering Life
      Ministries, 1997).<BR>
      This is a unique work and the best resource known to the compiler
      offering biblical counsel for healing sexual brokenness.
      See "Foundations" and "Divine Intent for Sexuality" for a biblical
      explanation of the spiritual significance of sexuality. These two
      chapters alone make the purchase of the book worthwhile. Includes
      chapters, study guides, and exercises for Root sources for improper
      sexual development, Sexual identity confusion, Child sex abuse,
      Sexual addition, Pornography, Masturbation, voyeurism and
      exhibitionism, Why people remain in sexual sin and bondage, Failure
      and self-condemnation, A comprehensive game plan for sexual healing,
      and so forth. Indexed, 398 pages, includes bibliography.<BR>
      <B>Mastering Life Ministries</B><BR>
      <A HREF="http://www.MasteringLife.org">
      http://www.MasteringLife.org</A>
      <P>

      "Homosexuality"
      A topical listing of annotated bibliography with weblinks.
      http://www.lettermen2.com/bcrr2chb.html#homo

      <B>Family Watchdog</B><BR>

      This national website tracks sexual offenders in your area.<BR>
      "Enter an address below to view a map of registered sex offenders
      near you."<BR>

      While this is much needed data, and we commend efforts thus far, this
      map will not include the following sexual offenders who should be
      publicly identified until they repent of their sexual offences:<OL>

      <LI>sexual offenders who have not been caught, tried, and convicted
      (the arrest/conviction ratio for all offences was approximately
      100/25 in the mid 90s);

      <LI>sexual offenders who have violated parole;

      <LI>sexual offenders who have failed to report their address or
      address change;

      <LI>sexual offenders using an alias (The FBI "believes 1 in 6 persons
      with a criminal record may be using alias names and identification." -
      - U.S. Congress, Office of Technology Assessment, OTA-TCT-497);

      <LI>sexual offenders who have been convicted on some other charge;

      <LI>ex-convicts and inmates who have committed sodomy in prison;

      <LI>individuals guilty of raping their spouse and the offense has
      gone unreported;

      <LI>wives who deliberately committ adultery as part of a "pre-planned
      divorce," that is, who married with plans to divorce for financial
      gain;

      <LI>individuals guilty of unreported incest;

      <LI>individuals guilty of unreported date rape;

      <LI>individuals who have committed unreported sexual offences when
      drunk or under the influence of drugs;

      <LI>individuals who have committed unreported sexual offences with
      mutual consent;

      <LI>individual members of Alcoholics Anonymous (who are frequently
      mentally ill, mentally retarded, and/or ex-convicts, -- many
      individuals falling in the former categories prefer to to be
      identified as alcoholics, because alcoholism does not carry the same
      social stigma as mental illness or being retarded) or other related
      10-Step addiction treatment programs who committed unreported sexual
      offences with other members or while being a sponsor of another
      member;

      <LI>individual members of Alcoholics Anonymous and related 10 Step
      codependent treatment programs who use the programs as vehicles to
      find new sexual partners for prostitution, and other sexual offences;

      <LI>individuals who have committed unreported sexual offences with
      other members of Alcoholics Anonymous or other related 10-Step
      addiction treatment programs while in a codependent relationship with
      another member;

      <LI>members of Sex Addicts Anonymous who have committed unreported
      sexual offences;

      <LI>prostitutes still at-large in society;

      <LI>those who frequent prostitutes;

      <LI>men and women self-employed in the "sex industry" (professionals
      deliberately practicing prostitution within the business community);

      <LI>individuals employed in the pornography industry including child
      pornography;

      <LI>individuals addicted to pornography or child pornography;

      <LI>individuals guilty of unreported sodomy and homosexuality;

      <LI>unreported homosexual pedophiles ("Homosexuals are over
      represented in child sex offenses: Individuals from the 1 to 3
      percent of the population that is sexually attracted to the same sex
      are committing up to one-third of the sex crimes against children." --
      Timothy J. Dailey, Ph.D. in "Homosexuality and Child Sexual Abuse");

      <LI>individuals guilty of unreported rape;

      <LI>individuals guilty of unreported fornication;

      <LI>individual guilty of unreported adultery;

      <LI>individuals living in licentious cohabitation;

      <LI>individuals who are mentally retarded and promiscuous;

      <LI>individuals who have sever mental illness and are promiscuous;

      <LI>individuals who dabble in, or actively participate in satanic
      cults or related destructive cults that practice sexual rituals;

      <LI>licensed mental health care professionals (Psychiatrists,
      Clinical Psychologists, Psych Nurses, Medical Doctors, Counselors,
      Priests, Pastors, and Churchmen, and so forth) who become sexually
      involved with their patients, clients, counselees, or church members;

      <LI>and so forth, and so on.</OL>

      <A HREF="http://www12.familywatchdog.us/">
      http://www12.familywatchdog.us/</A>
      <P>

      Sincerely,

      sk

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Chad W <chadaw@...>
      wrote:

      > I have a friend, in his early forties, who is struggling with
      giving up
      > homosexual tendencies. Can someone point me to some resources.
      And my own
      > question. If a person is prone that way, are we to think God meant
      for them
      > to be alone all their lives? Or did He purposed it to reveal His
      glory when
      > they are restored to pure sexuality?
      >
      > Thanks.

    • Whit
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 6, 2006
        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "berean1993"
        <Lettermen2@...> wrote:

        > Chad:
        >
        > Jay Adams would say homosexual trangression requires the same
        > treatment as any other sexual trangression, "radical surgery."
        That
        > is, if the individual is truely repentant, really wants to forsake
        > the sin forever, then he/she has to go "cold turkey," -- "radical
        > surgery," never see the partner again, and cease fellowship with
        any
        > persons given to sexual transgressions.
        >
        > As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
        >
        > Just as important as the "radical surgery" is immediately getting
        > into Christian fellowship, because they will have an irenic effect
        on
        > him/her, influence him/her to stay on the straight and narrow.

        I can strongly attest to the truth of that from Scripture and from
        personal experience. "He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a
        companion of fools suffers harm." (Prov.)

        Whit