Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Official Titles of the Pope

  • Don Nelson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 21, 2006
      I checked google for "official titles" pope
      and found that much sifting needs to be done, but
      there are sites that look trustworthy.
      Here's a quote from an article written when a recent
      pope died:

      Titles

      The official titles of Pope Paul VI as listed in the
      Vatican yearbook:

      Paul VI, Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Jesus Christ,
      Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme
      Pontiff of the Universal Church, Patriarch of the
      West, Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan of
      the Roman Province, Sovereign of the Vatican State,
      Servant of the Servants of God.

      Pursuing the search will no doubt yield others.

      Don

      --- "Edgar A. Ibarra Jr."

      http://mail.yahoo.com