Official Titles of the Pope

  • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2006
      List,

      Where can I find the official titles of the Pope, where he is
      ascribed the various blasphemous titles? I checked the Vatican page,
      but that is a maze for me to figure something out.

      Thanks,

      Edgar Ibarra
    • Don Nelson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 21, 2006
        I checked google for "official titles" pope
        and found that much sifting needs to be done, but
        there are sites that look trustworthy.
        Here's a quote from an article written when a recent
        pope died:

        Titles

        The official titles of Pope Paul VI as listed in the
        Vatican yearbook:

        Paul VI, Bishop of Rome, Vicar of Jesus Christ,
        Successor of the Prince of the Apostles, Supreme
        Pontiff of the Universal Church, Patriarch of the
        West, Primate of Italy, Archbishop and Metropolitan of
        the Roman Province, Sovereign of the Vatican State,
        Servant of the Servants of God.

        Pursuing the search will no doubt yield others.

        Don

        --- "Edgar A. Ibarra Jr."

        http://mail.yahoo.com