Re: [Covenanted Reformation] A Papist infiltrate

  • Ginny Dohms
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 29, 2005
      Edgar,

      There is a "nodelink7" who has been posting here since July who signs his
      name GG. Is that the person you are referring to. It would be unfortunate
      to ban someone who just happens to share the same initials with the GG you
      are referring to. On the other hand, if it is him, we need to be warned.
      Can you give us more information.....Ginny
    • Kevin Guillory
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 30, 2005
        From: "Edgar A. Ibarra Jr." <puritanpresbyterian@...>

        > I do believe our Papist friend may be back and is currently
        > lurking
        > here. I just received a private e-mail from G.G. (those who
        > have been
        > here a long time know who G.G. is). Still up to his old tricks
        > as far
        > as his e-mail is concerned.
        >
        > Just alerting you all in case he starts up with his vomit.
        >
        > War Against Rome,

        Interesting. I was once Roman. Graduated from St. Mary's
        Seminary & University here in Baltimore. Was even ordained in the
        Antichrist's denomination. Believe me, I know Romish doctrine and
        the hellishness it produces. If G.G. wishes to upchuck some of
        its bile, I'll be happy to deal with it.

        Kevin
      • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 30, 2005
          Ginny,

          Ah, good point and observation! No it is NOT "nodelink" at all.
          That is a person I know of and he is NO Papist!!! The G.G. I am
          referring to is Gary Gearon, as everyone knows. The gg, you are
          referring to is some one totally different! Besides we all know
          that Gary never uses his name nor initials!! His typical M.O.!

          Ginny, thank you for pointing that out!

          War Against Rome,

          Edgar

          --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Ginny Dohms"
          <gdawn@w...> wrote:

          > Edgar,
          >
          > There is a "nodelink7" who has been posting here since July who
          signs his
          > name GG. Is that the person you are referring to. It would be
          unfortunate
          > to ban someone who just happens to share the same initials with
          the GG you
          > are referring to. On the other hand, if it is him, we need to be
          warned.
          > Can you give us more information.....Ginny

        • Whit
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 30, 2005
            > War Against Rome,

            Speaking of warring against Rome, I am having to war against Rome with
            those in the Resolutioner camp and "Reformed charismatic camp" against
            the Catholic-leaning, judaizing worship of John Frame.

            Whit
          • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 30, 2005
              Whit,

              Do you mean those that offer to God man-made hymns in public worship
              and celebrate holy-days established by Rome, purged by the Reformers
              and re-introduced into so-called Reformed and Presbyterian chruches
              under pretense of good intentions and other non-Biblical reasons? Or
              those that tolerate all religions and give into pluralism of doctrines
              under pretense of celebrating diversity and neglect the duty to be
              under One Doctrine, One Worship, One Presbyterian Church Government,
              and One church discipline and break lawful and Biblically based
              covenants under autonomous and non-Biblical reasons?

              As we all know, WILL-WORSHIP is the foundation of Rome and many
              Protestants have drunk of her cup.

              War against Pluralism,

              Edgar Ibarra
              Albany, NY
              RPNA

              --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Whit"
              <covie_pres.1646@v...> wrote:

              > > War Against Rome,
              > >
              > Speaking of warring against Rome, I am having to war against Rome
              with
              > those in the Resolutioner camp and "Reformed charismatic camp"
              against
              > the Catholic-leaning, judaizing worship of John Frame.
              >
              > Whit

            • Cheryl Grenon
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 30, 2005
                Speaking of Rome, they had an interesting show on Primetime last night about  "Pope Joan."  The RCC is staunchly denying her existence but there are at least 500 mentions of her in various texts, including that of a respected RCC historian who worked directly for the Pope.

                On another note, this past Lord's Day our NT reading in our society was taken from Revelation 18.  I thought it highly interesting that on one of the highest unholy days of the RCC, I should read a passage that speaks not only of the kings of the earth committing fornications with Mystery Babylon, but also the merchants of the earth taking part in her luxuries and weeping and mourning that her demise is bad for business.  I was able to avoid most of the crowds and shows of overt greed and covetousness that mars this time of year.   After reading this passage I thought to myself what a blessed thing it will be when Rome is finally ruined and the rest of the Church awakes from her sleep and casts off all the accoutrements of her bondage.

                Cheryl
                >   I do believe our Papist friend may be back and is currently
                > lurking
                > here.  I just received a private e-mail from G.G. (those who
                > have been
                > here a long time know who G.G. is).  Still up to his old tricks
                > as far
                > as his e-mail is concerned.
                >
                >  Just alerting you all in case he starts up with his vomit.
                >
                > War Against Rome,

                    Interesting.  I was once Roman.  Graduated from St. Mary's
                Seminary & University here in Baltimore.  Was even ordained in the
                Antichrist's denomination.  Believe me, I know Romish doctrine and
                the hellishness it produces.  If G.G. wishes to upchuck some of
                its bile, I'll be happy to deal with it.

                Kevin

              • Whit Roberts
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 30, 2005
                  Jr." <puritanpresbyterian@y...> wrote:

                  > Whit,
                  >
                  > Do you mean those that offer to God man-made hymns in public
                  worship
                  > and celebrate holy-days established by Rome, purged by the
                  Reformers
                  > and re-introduced into so-called Reformed and Presbyterian
                  chruches
                  > under pretense of good intentions and other non-Biblical reasons?

                  Yes. The discussion Right now, the discussion is on instrumentation
                  and holy days. One commented that "all of life is worship", which
                  has already been answered by Brian Schwertley. So, I used
                  Schwertley's response. Another is trying the Rom. 14 approach to
                  claim parental/household authority to perpetuate Christ-mass, which
                  is also answered by Schwertley and others. (With 2000+ years of
                  teaching, testimony, and sound exegesis regarding the RPW, I cannot
                  add much to what is already there. The ECF's, divines, and pastors
                  are certainly more learned than me. I can use their exegetical
                  treasure and add my testimony though.)

                  > Or
                  > those that tolerate all religions and give into pluralism of
                  doctrines
                  > under pretense of celebrating diversity and neglect the duty to be
                  > under One Doctrine, One Worship, One Presbyterian Church
                  Government,
                  > and One church discipline and break lawful and Biblically based
                  > covenants under autonomous and non-Biblical reasons?

                  That too considering that some of the discussion participants are
                  from the PCA, Vineyard-type churches (Terry Virgo), Piper's church,
                  etc. (However, there are some in the OPC and PCA that stand for
                  psalms-only, acappela worship).

                  > As we all know, WILL-WORSHIP is the foundation of Rome and many
                  > Protestants have drunk of her cup.

                  As I told them after I equated their "EXTREME liberty" in their
                  words (emphasis mine) with Popery, I do not want the Church to go
                  back to harlot Rome from which we have come and from whose heresies
                  and errors we have continually been extirpating and reforming,
                  respectively, since such extremity would threaten to undermine the
                  continuing work of the Reformation all the way back to its
                  beginning. It would also trivialise the Lions of the Lord like Knox
                  and Calvin and attempt to cast into dispersion the blood-stained
                  history of our Reformed and Presbyterian forefathers.

                  FCC&C,
                  Whit
                • Whit Roberts
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 30, 2005
                    --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Guillory"
                    <globachio@c...> wrote:

                    > From: "Edgar A. Ibarra Jr." <puritanpresbyterian@y...>
                    >
                    > > I do believe our Papist friend may be back and is currently
                    > > lurking
                    > > here. I just received a private e-mail from G.G. (those who
                    > > have been
                    > > here a long time know who G.G. is). Still up to his old tricks
                    > > as far
                    > > as his e-mail is concerned.
                    > >
                    > > Just alerting you all in case he starts up with his vomit.
                    > >
                    > > War Against Rome,
                    >
                    > Interesting. I was once Roman. Graduated from St. Mary's
                    > Seminary & University here in Baltimore. Was even ordained in the
                    > Antichrist's denomination. Believe me, I know Romish doctrine and
                    > the hellishness it produces. If G.G. wishes to upchuck some of
                    > its bile, I'll be happy to deal with it.

                    Could you share how the Spirit gave you light and your departure
                    from Babylon?

                    FCC&C,
                    Whit
                  • globachio
                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 30, 2005
                      Whit Roberts wrote:
                      > Could you share how the Spirit gave you light and your departure
                      > from Babylon?

                      Very gradually. It actually began when I was a 2nd year student at St.
                      Mary's Seminary and one of our professors challenged the class to drop our
                      pride in the historical-critical method, to stop looking down our noses at
                      those who went before us, and to actually read Luther and Calvin; that we
                      would be surprised at how astute these "ancient" men were. I was the only
                      one who actually began to read Luther. And his effect on me was profound.
                      It wasn't long before everyone was calling me a "Lutheran" half jokingly.
                      But the Spirit was indeed working on me.
                      Anyway, at the time (being unregenerate) I lacked the integrity and courage
                      to say "No!" to Romish ordination. I went through with it in order to keep
                      from disappointing my family. But because of various other issues, I was
                      able to leave Rome almost immediately. I then quickly became Lutheran.
                      Unfortunately, I was still very liberal in my theology, I joined the ELCA
                      (ugh!). But it was my continued reading and prayer that led me to more
                      orthodox theology. Sometime in 1994 I was converted. My theology was still
                      quite Lutheran at the time.
                      But about 6 or 7 years ago I began to delve quite deeply into Reformed
                      theology and became a "5 point Lutheran." And in the past year or two I've
                      been exposed to the Covenanter's history and theology.
                      Though I'm still an independent Lutheran pastor, I certainly have no love
                      for the antichristian church. I know her lies (e.g., that "Roman"
                      catholicism only came into existence in the late 16th century; purgatory,
                      etc.) and pray for the Lord to rescue more people from her grip.
                      So there's the journey from Rome to Wittenberg. Perhaps, if I can ever be
                      convinced of our difference in Holy Communion, I'll move on over to Edinburgh.

                      Kevin
                    • Nikolai
                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 30, 2005
                        Whit Roberts wrote:

                        > Yes. The discussion Right now, the discussion is on instrumentation
                        > and holy days.

                        Whit, "the discussion", is it an online discussion? I would have liked
                        to point a couple of Protestant, hymn signing friends to a discussion
                        like this.

                        Nikolai
                        EPC of Australia, Brisbane
                        www.epc.org.au
                      • Whit Roberts
                        Message 11 of 11 , Dec 31, 2005
                          We've yet to cover hymns. The discussion is the Reformed
                          Charismatics blot group on MySpace. It started under the
                          title "Charismatic Calvinist Authors, and those friendly to the
                          movement... " and was resumed under the title "The Regulative
                          Principle of Worship".

                          Whit

                          --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Nikolai