The Beast of Rome defeated but about to rise again

  • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 12, 2005

      Dear brethren,

        As you read the below, also remember that the Protestant Reformation in Spain was short lived and there is NO record whatsoever of ANY Protestant living in Spain after 1588 (or thereabouts).  The Spanish counter-reformation was the most successful battle against Protestantism that Rome ever had.

      THE PROVIDENTIAL GLORIOUS SINKING
      OF THE SPANISH ARMADA

       I choose  to set aside ALL restraint in this discussion. The treacherous and bloody hand of Popery, along with virtually 100% of Roman Catholics then living in the late 1500s, is beyond description in civilized company. The Pope and Philip II of Spain were bastard mongrel pigs (Hebrews 12:8)-- Porci Del Diablo.  No period of human history has ever seen the horrors of mindless death and hell on earth like that hatched by the Vatican against Reformed Europe and England.
      We know very well that the adversary, Satan on his throne in the pig pen of the Vatican, was sensing that if God the Holy Spirit were to have continued liberty in England, the Protestants would rule the civilized world. Why? Answer: Even though the Roman Catholic heart is filthy as a sewer, still, there is a longing to be free. Christ makes men free, and Satan knew that his infernal Romanist servants, the Jesuits, could not prevent the most lowly bloodthirsty peasant in Spain from defecting to Jesus Christ if the Gospel ever got free reign in the world.

      Who could do this?  Answer:  Those plodding, persistent, and pernicious Englishmen.  We see that this is precisely what happed a hundred years later as the English missionaries went to the whole world with the Gospel.  Their zeal is unmatched in the annals of the Church Age. Men like Moffet, Livingston, CT Stud, and George Mueller would give all for Christ WITHOUT the sword of that old Taurus Fundiator in the Vatican to protect them.

      We now give an excerpt from the book, "Final Authority" by William P. Grady.  This is taken from pages 203 to 206:

      ______________

      With the death of Martin Luther in 1546, his spiritual descendants were set upon by a reviving Catholicism in the Schmalkald War of 1547. After suffering an initial defeat, the Protestant forces were rallied by Maurice of Saxony with the resultant Treaty of Passau (1552) temporarily securing Lutheran freedoms.

      The Huguenot Wars in France began in 1560 and raged intermittently until religious toleration was finally wanted through the Edict of Nantes in 1598.

      In 1567, the notorious Duke of Alva arrived in the Netherlands to suppress heresy on behalf of Philip H of Spain. The bloodletting of this campaign was so rampant that a houseful of Dutch Christians in Rotterdam was spared when one of their own created a ruse by slaying a goat and sweeping the blood underneath the bolted doors into the street.

      However, campaigns such as these were mere child's play when compared to the suffering of the Thirty Years' War (1618-1648). Fought mainly in Germany, the antagonists consisted of several German princes backed by the Protestant powers of Sweden, Denmark, France and England against the Catholic House of Hapsburg which controlled, in addition to The Holy Roman Empire, Spain, Austria, Bohemia, Hungary, most of Italy and the Southern Netherlands.

      The ubiquitous "Jesuit Connection" was surmised by Newman who wrote:

      The house of Hapsburg, in its Austrian branch, by the close of the sixteenth century, had come strongly under the influence of the Jesuits. As Archduke of Styria (1596 onward), Ferdinand, who as emperor was to play so prominent a part throughout the Thirty Years' War, carried out remorselessly the Jesuit policy in which he had been schooled from infancy by prohibiting Protestant worship, banishing the Protestant clergy, and placing before Protestant laymen the alternative of conversion or exile.

      Throughout these intolerant years, Ferdinand's conscience was salved by his Jesuit confessor Viller.

      Although the historic Peace of Westphalia, concluded in 1648, was essentially a victory for Protestantism, the overall loss from war-related extractions was incalculable. Newman summarizes the Jesuit-induced holocaust:

      The extent of the destruction of life through the Thirty Years' War cannot be estimated. If we take into account the multitudes who died of starvation and exposure, the hundreds of thousands of women and children who were slain in the sacking and destroying of the towns and cities, the fearful waste of life that must have been involved in camp-- following, the deaths caused by the war would amount to many millions. In Bohemia, at the beginning of the war, there was a population of two million, of whom about eight-tenths were Protestant; at the close of the war there were about eight hundred thousand Catholics and no Protestants. Taking Germany and Austria together, we may safely say that the population was reduced by one-half, if not by two- thirds. And the deaths were in most cases the result of untold sufferings and as horrible as we can conceive. So far as the cities and towns were not utterly destroyed, they were the mere shadows of what they had been. Their buildings were dilapidated and large numbers of them unoccupied. Business of all kinds had been almost entirely destroyed. Agriculture had equally suffered. Livestock had been almost exterminated; farming implements had become scarce and rude. Desolation was everywhere.

      However, because of the inevitable westward expansion of civilization, England's culture loomed ever larger as the Jesuits' primary target of conquest. In 1569 the Vatican agent, William Allen, established a college in Douai (then in the Spanish Netherlands), and a second school in Rome ten years later for the training of Jesuit missionaries to Britain. Allen set forth his goals in a passionate manner:

      We make it our first and foremost study. . . to stir up in the minds of Catholics . . . zeal and just indignation against the heretics. This we do by setting before the eyes of the students the exceeding majesty of the ceremonial of the Catholic Church in the place where we live . . . At the same time we recall the mournful contrast that obtains at home: the utter desolation of all things sacred which there exists . . . our friends and kinsfolk, all our dear ones, and countless souls besides, perishing in schism and godlessness; every jail and dungeon filled to overflowing, not with thieves and villains but with Christ's priests and servants, nay, with our parents and kinsmen. There is nothing, then, that we ought not to suffer, rather than to look on at the ills that affect our nation.
      The capture of Douai by Calvinist troops in 1578 sent the Jesuit College into exile in Reims until 1593. By the year 1585, a total of 268 graduates had secretly infiltrated England.  The leading personalities of this time were Jesuit agents Robert Parsons and Edmund Campion who entered the country in 1580 disguised as English military officers. The only Gospel they preached was the overthrow of Elizabeth! Boehmer states:

      Then, under diverse disguises, they spread from county to county, from country house to castle. In the evening, they would hear confession; in the morning, they would preach and give communion, then they would disappear as mysteriously as they had arrived.

      Green adds that their many disguises included "the cassock of the English Clergy."

      It has been estimated that they won over 20,000 converts within a year of their arrival. However, their circulated literature encouraging the assassination of Elizabeth brought their English mission to an abrupt end. Although Parsons escaped to the Continent, "Father" Campion was captured and confined to the Tower, where he was "racked" severely to elicit the names of additional conspirators. On the following day when his jailor asked him how he felt, the exhausted Jesuit replied, "Not ill, because not at all."On December 1, 1581, he and fourteen others were publicly hanged.

      In 1583, Pope Gregory XIII formulated a plan to invade England with three armies at once those of Ireland, France and Spain. Providentially, the Queen's agents discovered the plot and effective counter-measures caused a postponement of the attack.

      Three years later, another Jesuit, John Ballard, was arrested for conspiring to bring Mary Stuart to the throne via a general uprising of England's Catholics. He and thirteen others were hanged and then brought down from the gibbet alive to be dismembered and disemboweled (torn limb from trunk).  Sixty-one priests and forty-nine laymen would be hung for conspiracy over the next fifteen years.

      With friends like these, Mary Stuart needed few enemies. The intensified Jesuit activity eventually cost the would-be queen her head in 1587. Only weeks after her momentous execution, Pope Sixtus V pledged 600,000 gold crowns to King Philip's military coffers for the financing of an immediate invasion of England. In the words of Cardinal Mien, Britain's "usurping, heretic, prostitute" queen must surely be deposed.

      On the morning of May 29, 1588, over 27,050 sailors and soldiers set sail from Lisbon's harbor aboard some 130 vessels sporting an average weight of 445 tons the largest fleet in maritime annals to that time.

      The destruction of the Protestant religion was perceived as an intensely spiritual mission. The campaign's official banner read, "Exurge, Domine, et Vindica Causam Tuam,, - "Arise, 0 Lord, and vindicate thy cause." Indeed, "revival" had broken out during the final stages of departure; prostitutes were expelled gambling curtailed and profanity was reduced to a minimum. A high mass was celebrated and to a man, the Eucharist had been reverently received. Several hundred monks were among the passengers.

      On duly 19th, the vanguard of Spain's invincible armada was spotted. A mere thirty-four warships and fifty-eight support vessels under the command of Charles, Lord Howard, assisted by Sir Francis Drake prepared to engage her. What happened next has constituted one of the most remarkable displays of Divine intervention in all of recorded history.

      The year before, Drake had led a surprise attack on the Spanish ships in Cddiz Harbor and discovered firsthand the Armada's construction project. Having been reared in the home of a Puritan minister, the undaunted "P.K." assured his Queen:

      God increase your most excellent Majesty's forces both by sea and land daily, ... for this I surely think: there was never any force so strong as there is now ready or making ready against your Majesty and true religion; but . . . the Lord of all strengths is stronger and will defend the truth of his Word.

      Outmaneuvered by the smaller British vessels, the Spanish admiral, Medina-Sidonia, wrote in desperation:

      The enemy pursue me, they fire on me from morn till dark, but they will not grapple . . . There is no remedy, for they are swift and we are slow.

      Sustaining over 8,000 casualties on the twenty-seventh alone, Medina-Sidonia had had enough! However, the Northern seas would devour many thousands more along the stormy route of retreat. Twenty-three ships were wrecked off the rocky coast of Ireland alone. Over 1,100 drowned Spaniards were washed up on the beach of Sligo. And those who made it to the shore alive had their throats cut by the Kernes (poorer class of Irishmen).

      Only fifty-one ships bearing 10,000 survivors were able to limp back to Spain. The Jesuit-educated Durant could only say that, "The winds favored Elizabeth." However, a total count of English losses placed at 60 men and 0 ships would divert the attention of sober men to Him Who "createth the wind." (Amos 4:13) Not a single hole was made below any English waterline!

      With the Armada's crushing defeat driving Philip into isolation (a papal reneging on the 600,000 crowns not helping matters any), a major Jesuit project would emerge as the Vatican's last resort and ultimate secret weapon.

      I now continue the flow of William Grady's book as it continues on the page at this point.  I note that Grady saw, and described next, what The Roman Pontiffs did to move from open attack to subtle subterfuge. And, friends, it worked.  We now see 95% of Christendom running into the arms of Papa Roma. Read and weep.

      Heretofore, the success of English Protestantism had been clearly attributable to her possession of God's Word in the vernacular. In 1582, Rome gave tacit endorsement to the adage, "If you can't beat them, join them" by producing her own English version of the New Testament as rendered by the Jesuit scholars at Reims (the Old Testament was completed in Douai and published in 1610).

      Such a proclivity for momentary pragmatism has remained one of the Order's most distinguishable traits, Newman stating:

      As a means of winning back Protestant communities to the Catholic faith, they gave the utmost attention to the cultivation of the preaching gifts among the members and used every device suggested by Protestant worship or otherwise for the popularization of the church services.
      At this point, it is important to realize that the Pope's new Bible was not issued to help Catholics, but rather to hurt Christians. All good papists were still obliged to adhere religiously to the official Tridentine Profession of Faith (1564) which read, in part:

      I acknowledge the sacred Scripture according to that sense which Holy Mother Church has held and holds, to whom it belongs to decide upon the true sense and interpretation of the holy Scriptures, nor will I ever receive and interpret the Scripture except according to the unanimous consent of the fathers.
      As stated in an earlier chapter, it was this author's experience to spend twenty-two years in the Catholic church (including twelve years of parochial school) without ever reading a single verse out of the church's official Bible.

      The Douay-Rheims "Bible" was a translation of the Latin Vulgate and therefore contained the multiplied perversities of Vaticanus and Sinaiticus. With education as their forte, the Jesuits would henceforth seek to undermine the Authorized Version with an appeal to superior manuscripts, superior being determined by age. Dr. Gipp writes:

      The Jesuits' task was to entice Protestant scholarship back to Rome. They knew that they could not wean the leaders of Protestantism back into Rome as long as the stubborn "heretics" clung to the pure text of the Reformers. This Bible would have to he replaced with one which contained the pro-Roman Catholic readings of Jerome's Vulgate and the Jesuit translation of 1582. It would be necessary to "educate" the Protestant scholars to believe that their Reformation Text was unreliable and that their Authorized Version was "not scholarly." Once thus programmed, the egotistical scholars would spontaneously attack their own Bible and believe that they were helping God.

      The impressive-sounding designation conferred upon this process of scrutinizing the preserved Word of God became known as the "science of textual criticism." Contrary to common belief, higher criticism did not begin with German rationalists but with Jesuit "fathers"!

      The first scholar to employ "scientific methods" to the so-called textual and literary problems of the Bible was a Catholic priest by the name of Richard Simon (1638-1712). The Oxford Dictionary states:

      Biblical scholar. From 1662 to 1678 he was a member of the French Oratory. His Histoire Criticquedu Vieux Testament (1678), arguing from the existence of duplicate accounts of the same incident and variations of style, denied that Moses was the author of the Pentateuch. He is generally regarded as the founder of Old Testament criticism.
      Notice how the Oxford editors completely skirted Simon's Catholic credentials. For the record, "Father" Richard gained his liberal insights from the unsaved Jewish philosopher, Baruch Spinoza (1632-1677).

      We conclude in noting that the day is coming very soon when Roman Catholics worldwide will again drink the blood of the saints.  Already, the Jesuits in South America are burning Christians, their churches, and Bibles.  Already, Irish Catholics blast men, women, and babies into eternity in the name of Os Porci in the Vatican.  So, the cannibal goddess Kali, Isis, Mithra, Ashtart, and Erishkigal will soon restore their ceremonies of blood lust.  The day is very near when the markets of the world will have meat for sale marked, "Filet of Jew" and "Sirloin of Protestant."

    • Whit
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 20, 2005
        My understanding of the Spanish in Ireland is slightly different.
        From several Irish I spoke to, there were some parts where the
        Spanish were killed outright, but there were other parts where the
        Irish did not kill them but allowed them to settle and intermarry.

        Whit

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 20, 2005
          Whit,

          That may be so in Ireland. I was speaking about the Kingdom of
          Spain. In Spain itself, they were jailed, if they were "lucky" or
          burned. The Spainsh magistrates were methodical. If Rome ever had
          a theocratic kingdom where the Pope was supreme, it was Spain. Put
          it this way, every single day in ever town and city, the procession
          of the host would go throughout the city/town at various times of
          the day. When this occurred everyone would stop, even inside of
          public buildings (theaters, government bldgs, etc) and kneel towards
          the street/sound of the trumpet announcing the parade of the host.
          Anyone who did not was arrested and brought to the Spanish
          Inquisition. Most never made it back out.

          Just one example as to how Rome flushed out Protestants in Spain.
          So most Protestant Spainards fled Spain to other countries, mainly
          Protestant countries and never returned to Spain and of course
          intermarried with the locals. There is no extant evidence of
          Protestants IN Spain as late as the 1580's per Thomas M'Crie on
          forward until the abolition of the Inquisition in the mid 1800's.

          Rage Against the Beast,

          Edgar Ibarra

          --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Whit"

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 22, 2005
            Thanks for the clarification and the wonderful excerpt of history. I
            was referring to Spain's Armada during and after they lost to
            England. España was indeed cruel. I recall that it was a
            evangelistically closed State until the 1970's (the end of the
            Catholic dictator Franco and the restoration of the Catholic
            monarchy). Like Ireland, España has been in the bondage of
            Catholicism for centuries, and I long for both to be free in Christ
            under the Covenanted Reformation.

            Spain, under Felipe II at the time, was also cruel to my Huguenot
            ancestors. When the Edict of Nantes was revoked by Louis XIV, they
            fled France. Some went to Geneva (with Calvin), England, Jamaica,
            and Virginia. Others fled to Florida and established Fort Caroline
            near the mouth of St. John River (near present-day Jacksonville).
            They wanted to live peacefully on their own, but nevertheless, the
            Spanish in nearby St. Augustine saw them as a threat. So, the
            Spanish Menendez marched his soldiers and sailed a warship or two,
            even through a fierce tropical storm, up to Fort Caroline to
            massacre them.