Calvin Haters

  • Crazy Calvinist
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 11, 2005
      Not trying to promote heresy or nothing,  but saw this http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/whatsnew.htm

      which I got to from this where someone is accusing Calvin of being  a mad raving murderer.  (the servetus thing)  http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/ashes.htm

      The sad thing is, he's got quotes from respected church leaders of today,  (some of them) to make his case:

       "Some of the teachers quoted are: John Ankerberg, David Breese, Lewis Sperry Chafer, Donald Cole, Tony Evans, Robert Gromacki, Hank Hanegraaff, Zane Hodges, Dave Hunt, June Hunt, D. James Kennedy, Robert Lightner, Erwin Lutzer, John MacArthur, J. Vernon McGee, Robert Morey, Ron Rhodes, Adrian Rogers, Charles Ryrie, Charles Stanley, Chuck Swindoll, James White, and many others. "

      ~Deejay
    • Whit
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 11, 2005
        Not only do they try to slander Calvin, they are also opposed to the
        Doctrines of Grace. The names you mentioned I noticed are on Mr.
        Dotzler's (Iconbusters) site as being friends of AntiChrist or
        supporting AntiChrist. So, I must ask, respected church leaders by
        whom?

        Whit

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Crazy Calvinist
        <Dying4God@g...> wrote:

        > Not trying to promote heresy or nothing, but saw this
        > http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/whatsnew.htm
        >
        > which I got to from this where someone is accusing Calvin of
        being a mad
        > raving murderer. (the servetus thing)
        > http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/ashes.htm
        >
        > The sad thing is, he's got quotes from respected church leaders of
        today,
        > (some of them) to make his case:
        >
        > "Some of the teachers quoted are: John Ankerberg, David Breese,
        Lewis
        > Sperry Chafer, Donald Cole, Tony Evans, Robert Gromacki, Hank
        Hanegraaff,
        > Zane Hodges, Dave Hunt, June Hunt, D. James Kennedy, Robert
        Lightner, Erwin
        > Lutzer, John MacArthur, J. Vernon McGee, Robert Morey, Ron Rhodes,
        Adrian
        > Rogers, Charles Ryrie, Charles Stanley, Chuck Swindoll, James
        White, and
        > many others. "
        >
        > ~Deejay

      • Crazy Calvinist
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 11, 2005
          Hi Whit,

          well, theres a few names on that list,  three I can remember was Chuck Swindoll, Charles Stanley and James White who just by there reputations  hold sway with many people who may not  be as well informed as a lot of folks in this group,  or have never  heard of Iconbusters site,  (tho are not knocking that site at all).  Often well known names  command respect  maybe in ignorance, at times,  but they still do.

          ~Deejay

          On 12/12/05, Whit <covie_pres.1646@...> wrote:

          supporting AntiChrist.  So, I must ask, respected church leaders by
          whom?

          Whit

        • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 11, 2005
            DeeJay & Whit,

            I thought James White is a staunch Reformed Baptist Calvinist? He
            even has a running debate with Dave Hunt and that ilke. I doubt
            James White has made negative statements on Calvin, but then one
            never thought many Presbyterians and Presbyterian leaders and
            Seminaries would teach against literal six-day creation and believe
            foolish doctrine such as Framework, Day Age, and Gap theory.

            <sigh>

            As for those leaders (those Anti-Calvinists and therefore Anti-
            Gospel) that are leaders because many follow them, well Jesus did
            say something about that, if I rememeber that, written in some dusty
            old book called the Bible, you know that book most of Christendom
            has forgotten about? Well Christ said that these so-called leaders
            are blind-guides. So what happens when the blind lead the blind?

            Yeah, you get a D. Hunt and an effeminate and ineffectual
            handicapped church on a life support system (that not being Christ
            by the way), stuck in a ditch somewhere in Tulsa, Oaklahoma (home of
            the majority of the Blab it and grab it gurus).

            So sad. Many will always rage against the Gospel truth.

            Edgar

            <Dying4God@g...> wrote:

            > Hi Whit,
            >
            > well, theres a few names on that list, three I can remember was
            Chuck
            > Swindoll, Charles Stanley and James White who just by there
            reputations
            > hold sway with many people who may not be as well informed as a
            lot of
            > folks in this group, or have never heard of Iconbusters site,
            (tho are
            > not knocking that site at all). Often well known names command
            respect
            > maybe in ignorance, at times, but they still do.
            >
            > ~Deejay
            >

            > On 12/12/05, Whit <covie_pres.1646@v...> wrote:
            > >

            > > supporting AntiChrist. So, I must ask, respected church leaders
            by
            > > whom?
            > >
            > > Whit

          • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 11, 2005
              > So sad. Many will always rage against the Gospel truth.

              To be clear, when I say the Gospel and Calvinism, to me they are
              interchangeable. Synonymous. Gospel and Arminianism are antonyms and
              opposed one to the other. An existing antithesis. In regards to the
              Solemn League and Covenant, Arminianism is to be extirpated and purged
              from the Church and the land. Banished never to see the light of day.

              Calvinism IS the Gospel.

              Edgar
            • thekirkman_gmail
              Message 6 of 14 , Dec 12, 2005

                I read this post today (Monday) after reading the first of six sermons by Robert Traill on Gal 2.21 yesterday during worship. Here's the beginning...

                (From: http://truecovenanter.com/traill/traill_gal_2_21.html)
                "I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain."—Galatians. 2.21.

                THE scope of the apostle Paul in this epistle, is to reprove the church that he writes to, for a great and sudden apostacy from that faith of the gospel that they were planted in. The apostle Paul himself was one of the main planters amongst them; and quickly after his removal from them false brethren crept in amongst them, and perverted them from the simplicity that was in Christ: their great error lay here, in mixing the works of the law with the righteousness of Christ, in the grand point of the justification of a sinner before God. Throughout this epistle the apostle argues strongly against this error: they had not renounced the doctrine of Christ; they did not deny justification by faith in him; but they thought that the works of the law were to be added to their faith in Christ, in order to their justification.

                --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Crazy Calvinist <Dying4God@g...> wrote:

                > Not trying to promote heresy or nothing, but saw this
                > http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/whatsnew.htm
                >
                > which I got to from this where someone is accusing Calvin of being a mad
                > raving murderer. (the servetus thing)
                > http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/ashes.htm
                >
                > The sad thing is, he's got quotes from respected church leaders of today,
                > (some of them) to make his case:
                >
                > "Some of the teachers quoted are: John Ankerberg, David Breese, Lewis
                > Sperry Chafer, Donald Cole, Tony Evans, Robert Gromacki, Hank Hanegraaff,
                > Zane Hodges, Dave Hunt, June Hunt, D. James Kennedy, Robert Lightner, Erwin
                > Lutzer, John MacArthur, J. Vernon McGee, Robert Morey, Ron Rhodes, Adrian
                > Rogers, Charles Ryrie, Charles Stanley, Chuck Swindoll, James White, and
                > many others. "
                >
                > ~Deejay

              • Whit
                Message 7 of 14 , Dec 12, 2005
                  I see. I am one who respects Dr. White (indeed a Reformed-leaning
                  Baptist) and a few of the others although they may not hold to the
                  historicist view of eschatology.

                  <Dying4God@g...> wrote:

                  > Hi Whit,
                  >
                  > well, theres a few names on that list, three I can remember was
                  Chuck
                  > Swindoll, Charles Stanley and James White who just by there
                  reputations
                  > hold sway with many people who may not be as well informed as a
                  lot of
                  > folks in this group, or have never heard of Iconbusters site,
                  (tho are
                  > not knocking that site at all). Often well known names command
                  respect
                  > maybe in ignorance, at times, but they still do.
                  >
                  > ~Deejay
                  >

                  > On 12/12/05, Whit <covie_pres.1646@v...> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > supporting AntiChrist. So, I must ask, respected church leaders
                  by
                  > > whom?
                  > >
                  > > Whit

                • Whit
                  Message 8 of 14 , Dec 12, 2005
                    --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Whit"
                    <covie_pres.1646@v...> wrote:

                    > Not only do they try to slander Calvin, they are also opposed to the
                    > Doctrines of Grace.

                    "They" meaning those who run the site, not those on the respected list.

                    Whit
                  • Whit
                    Message 9 of 14 , Dec 12, 2005
                      Jr." <puritanpresbyterian@y...> wrote:

                      > DeeJay & Whit,
                      >
                      > I thought James White is a staunch Reformed Baptist Calvinist?

                      Indeed he is. I clarified my 1st sentence. Sorry for the
                      confusion. Having read Dr. White, I too doubt that he has made
                      negative comments on Calvin. Those who oppose Calvin are the ones
                      who put up the site, not necessarily the ones on the list although
                      there are a few on the list that are oppose to the DoG.

                      Whit

                    • Whit
                      Message 10 of 14 , Dec 12, 2005
                        Jr." <puritanpresbyterian@y...> wrote:

                        > > So sad. Many will always rage against the Gospel truth.
                        > >

                        > To be clear, when I say the Gospel and Calvinism, to me they are
                        > interchangeable. Synonymous. Gospel and Arminianism are antonyms
                        and
                        > opposed one to the other. An existing antithesis. In regards to
                        the
                        > Solemn League and Covenant, Arminianism is to be extirpated and
                        purged
                        > from the Church and the land. Banished never to see the light of
                        day.

                        > Calvinism IS the Gospel.

                        The Gospel is Eph. 2:1-8, John 6:44, and Rom. 8:30. Since the DoG
                        has strong presence in those verses, I would strongly agree that the
                        DoG (AKA Calvinism and Augustinianism) and the Gospel are
                        synonymous. I think Spurgeon also effectively said that "Calvinism
                        is the Gospel." Arminianism is indeed heresy and strongly opposed
                        to Christ and His Gospel. just as Catholicism, Mormonism, etc. and
                        thus to be exterminated worldwide especially in the covenenanted
                        lands. Well said.

                        Whit
                      • Keith Dotzler
                        Message 11 of 14 , Dec 12, 2005
                          Just to clarify:

                          www.iconbusters.com is owned by brother Rand Winburn.

                          The Beast Unmasked is owned and maintained by myself (which no longer has its own domain, but can be accessed here:

                          Keith

                          <Dying4God@g...> wrote:

                          > Not trying to promote heresy or nothing,  but saw this
                          > http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/whatsnew.htm
                          >
                          > which I got to from this where someone is accusing Calvin of
                          being  a mad
                          > raving murderer.  (the servetus thing)
                          > http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/ashes.htm
                          >
                          > The sad thing is, he's got quotes from respected church leaders of
                          today,
                          > (some of them) to make his case:
                          >
                          >  "Some of the teachers quoted are: John Ankerberg, David Breese,
                          Lewis
                          > Sperry Chafer, Donald Cole, Tony Evans, Robert Gromacki, Hank
                          Hanegraaff,
                          > Zane Hodges, Dave Hunt, June Hunt, D. James Kennedy, Robert
                          Lightner, Erwin
                          > Lutzer, John MacArthur, J. Vernon McGee, Robert Morey, Ron Rhodes,
                          Adrian
                          > Rogers, Charles Ryrie, Charles Stanley, Chuck Swindoll, James
                          White, and
                          > many others. "
                          >
                          > ~Deejay

                        • Keith Dotzler
                          Message 12 of 14 , Dec 12, 2005
                            White writes: "I am one who respects Dr. White (indeed a Reformed-leaning Baptist) and a few of the others although they may not hold to the historicist view of eschatology."

                            One must wonder how it is that one in "Dr." White's shoes -having participated in so many debates with the Beast's minions for so many years- is neither able to correctly identify them, nor their head, the man of sin and Antichrist in his midst?

                            To know Christ is to know Antichrist, Whit.  He has been revealed to, and identified by, the Church for over a millennium.  Those who, in this day and age, claim to be Reformed and part of the true Body of Christ, yet deny the man of sin to be in their midst, have rejected the testimony of the Church through the ages...deeming themselves wiser than the Protestant Reformers, the Puritans, and a host of others.

                            We are not to show respect for wolves in sheep's clothing, who enter into the Church unawares by craftiness and seduction.  Though White could set the world on fire with his debating skills on the Doctrines of Grace, his inability (or refusal) to correctly identify the whore, and the Beast she rides, despite the fact that he interacts with them as much as he does, nullifies all......for God wills that the enemy of Christ and His elect Church be recognized by them!  Scripture outlines the birth, growth, deeds, and demise of the Beast for a specific reason: because it is the elect that do battle with him; in fact, the Beast is said to *wear out* the saints, due to the *duration* of the persecution, torture, and extermination they were to face.

                            I have about as much respect for James White as I do for the Jesuit Bellarmine...a man lauded by the Romanists during the Reformation for his ability to "refute" the Protestant Reformers' proclamations and teachings that the Pope was the Antichrist, his Church Mystery Babylon.

                            George Downame and Thomas Brightman are but two 17th century Reformers who refute one of Bellarmine's works, wherein he thinks he has succesfully removed the Pope from prophecy, point by point.

                            (BTW, I refuse to abbreviate the phrase "Doctrines of Grace," as some here have done.  Surely we don't want to associate a DOG with Biblical Doctrine, do we?)

                            Keith

                            <Dying4God@g...> wrote:

                            > Hi Whit,
                            >
                            > well, theres a few names on that list,  three I can remember was
                            Chuck
                            > Swindoll, Charles Stanley and James White who just by there
                            reputations
                            > hold sway with many people who may not  be as well informed as a
                            lot of
                            > folks in this group,  or have never  heard of Iconbusters site,
                            (tho are
                            > not knocking that site at all).  Often well known names  command
                            respect
                            > maybe in ignorance, at times,  but they still do.
                            >
                            > ~Deejay
                            >

                            > On 12/12/05, Whit <covie_pres.1646@v...> wrote:
                            > >

                            > > supporting AntiChrist.  So, I must ask, respected church leaders
                            by
                            > > whom?
                            > >
                            > > Whit

                          • Whit
                            Message 13 of 14 , Dec 13, 2005
                              --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Keith Dotzler
                              <ll_twoedged_sword_ll@y...> wrote:

                              > White writes: "I am one who respects Dr. White (indeed a Reformed-
                              leaning Baptist) and a few of the others although they may not hold
                              to the historicist view of eschatology."

                              > One must wonder how it is that one in "Dr." White's shoes -
                              having participated in so many debates with the Beast's minions for
                              so many years- is neither able to correctly identify them, nor their
                              head, the man of sin and Antichrist in his midst?

                              > To know Christ is to know Antichrist, Whit. He has been
                              revealed to, and identified by, the Church for over a millennium.
                              Those who, in this day and age, claim to be Reformed and part of the
                              true Body of Christ, yet deny the man of sin to be in their midst,
                              have rejected the testimony of the Church through the ages...deeming
                              themselves wiser than the Protestant Reformers, the Puritans, and a
                              host of others.

                              > We are not to show respect for wolves in sheep's clothing, who
                              enter into the Church unawares by craftiness and seduction. Though
                              White could set the world on fire with his debating skills on the
                              Doctrines of Grace, his inability (or refusal) to correctly identify
                              the whore, and the Beast she rides, despite the fact that he
                              interacts with them as much as he does, nullifies all......for God
                              wills that the enemy of Christ and His elect Church be recognized by
                              them! Scripture outlines the birth, growth, deeds, and demise of
                              the Beast for a specific reason: because it is the elect that do
                              battle with him; in fact, the Beast is said to *wear out* the
                              saints, due to the *duration* of the persecution, torture, and
                              extermination they were to face.

                              > I have about as much respect for James White as I do for the
                              Jesuit Bellarmine...a man lauded by the Romanists during the
                              Reformation for his ability to "refute" the Protestant Reformers'
                              proclamations and teachings that the Pope was the Antichrist, his
                              Church Mystery Babylon.

                              > George Downame and Thomas Brightman are but two 17th century
                              Reformers who refute one of Bellarmine's works, wherein he thinks he
                              has succesfully removed the Pope from prophecy, point by point.

                              > (BTW, I refuse to abbreviate the phrase "Doctrines of Grace," as
                              some here have done. Surely we don't want to associate a DOG with
                              Biblical Doctrine, do we?)

                              > Keith

                              That give me food for thought.

                              Whit
                            • Whit
                              Message 14 of 14 , Dec 13, 2005
                                I stand corrected.

                                <ll_twoedged_sword_ll@y...> wrote:

                                > Just to clarify:
                                >
                                > www.iconbusters.com is owned by brother Rand Winburn.
                                >
                                > The Beast Unmasked is owned and maintained by myself (which no
                                longer has its own domain, but can be accessed here:

                                > http://www.geocities.com/ll_twoedged_sword_ll/index.html
                                >
                                > Keith
                                >

                                > Whit <covie_pres.1646@v...> wrote:
                                > Not only do they try to slander Calvin, they are also opposed to
                                the
                                > Doctrines of Grace. The names you mentioned I noticed are on Mr.
                                > Dotzler's (Iconbusters) site as being friends of AntiChrist or
                                > supporting AntiChrist. So, I must ask, respected church leaders
                                by
                                > whom?
                                >
                                > Whit
                                >
                                > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Crazy Calvinist
                                > <Dying4God@g...> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Not trying to promote heresy or nothing, but saw this
                                > > http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/whatsnew.htm
                                > >
                                > > which I got to from this where someone is accusing Calvin of
                                > being a mad
                                > > raving murderer. (the servetus thing)
                                > > http://www.evangelicaloutreach.org/ashes.htm
                                > >
                                > > The sad thing is, he's got quotes from respected church leaders
                                of
                                > today,
                                > > (some of them) to make his case:
                                > >
                                > > "Some of the teachers quoted are: John Ankerberg, David Breese,
                                > Lewis
                                > > Sperry Chafer, Donald Cole, Tony Evans, Robert Gromacki, Hank
                                > Hanegraaff,
                                > > Zane Hodges, Dave Hunt, June Hunt, D. James Kennedy, Robert
                                > Lightner, Erwin
                                > > Lutzer, John MacArthur, J. Vernon McGee, Robert Morey, Ron
                                Rhodes,
                                > Adrian
                                > > Rogers, Charles Ryrie, Charles Stanley, Chuck Swindoll, James
                                > White, and
                                > > many others. "
                                > >
                                > > ~Deejay

                                > True religion Reformed church Theology