[Covenanted Reformation] Re: Reformation Art - A Major Update

  • Andrew Moody
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 10, 2005
      Thanks for the clarification, and the amicable reply.

      I am aware of the Reformer's use of strong rhetoric. I'm not
      accusing you of this, but I've had discussions with several
      individuals over the past years who bring it up only to justify
      their slanderous and schismatic use of their tongues.

      The Reformers were not without sin, although I thank God for their
      strength and resolve during particularly perilous times. However,
      their fight was within the church. In my sinfulness, I need
      constant reminder to do as Paul instructed in Col 4:5-6,
      "Conduct yourselves wisely(1 )toward outsiders, making the best use
      of the time. 6 Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with
      salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person."

      I feel my previous post was not "well-seasoned", and for that I
      apologize and ask your forgiveness.

      With regard to Linda, I understand the awkwardness of the situation,
      peer pressure, etc.. However, I am not convinced (as it appears you
      all are) that sharing family time on December 25 is Satanic. I do
      not believe that December 25 is "Jesus' Birthday", I merely said
      some celebrate the incarnation on that day, to which I added, we
      should be doing year round. However, I do not think it inherently
      evil to do so, and I believe that Christ's people can celebrate his
      birth in good conscience.

      I have no desire to get into a debate over a matter where you
      already have made up your mind. Moreover, I don't have the time to
      do so.

      However, to Linda. I, differing from others on this list would
      counsel you to enjoy your time with your family, and not spend it
      with guilt and loathing. Moreover, look to your spiritual ancestors
      in Scotland who had much greater struggles to endure. Let them be
      an example of faithfulness despite suffering, even to the martyr's
      tomb. Moreover, look to Christ who for the joy set before him
      endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right
      hand of God. Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility
      against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted. In
      your struggle against sin you have not yet resisted to the point of
      shedding your blood. (Hebrews 12:3-4).

      Take heart dear sister, Christ has overcome the world!

      May the Lord bless you all, and may we all be blessed by the means
      of grace he has provided, primarily the preaching of his Word that
      we are to have hte privelage of sitting under (and proclaiming for
      some of us) tomorrow on His Sabbath.

      By His Grace,
      Andrew Moody

      <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:
      > No doubt others will speak for themselves concerning those things
      > spoken of them. I shall address one thing concerning a thing
      > of me, after making some other comments:
      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Moody"
      > <moodyclan@g...> wrote:
      > > Meanwhile Linda is allowed to buy into such rampant Paganism and
      > > support her children and grandchildren in it. Please show a
      > > consistency.
      > A poor woman suffering through X-Mass celebrations that make her
      > cringe, because she is subjected to those things by other members
      > her family, doing things that grieve her conscience not knowing
      > else to do in her difficult situation,
      > and,
      > Someone pitching a Christmas sale, which can be nothing else but
      > this holiday to get in the money changing done in Christ's name,
      > are not one and the same thing, and so showing pity towards one,
      > overturning the tables of the other, is not to show
      inconsistency. At