How are you a true covenanter?

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2005
      I, for one, get sick of negative and argumentative conversation. I
      don't know, maybe it's because I'm getting older, or maybe because
      I'm just too busy with other things to care. Anyway, Christopher's
      questions have given me something to think about, and GG's answer was
      a good start (I'm not interested in the reading issue, and will let
      others hash that out if necessary). To make this a more positive and
      edifying discussion, how about we take Christopher's questioning,
      think about our answers, and discuss, but take the fight out of it?

      You who call yourselves Covenanters, how do you endeavor to keep the
      Covenants? What are you doing to meet the ends of the Covenants?
      What makes you a true Covenanter, personally? ecclesiastically?

      You who see the moral obligations in the Covenants, without deeming
      yourselves bound by the Covenants themselves, what do you do to meet
      those moral obligations? What practical steps are you, or your
      church, taking to fulfil these moral obligations?

      Challenge yourselves without thumping others.

      What do ya say?