Re: [Covenanted Reformation] nathan eshelman: new member

  • Fred blahous
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 13, 2005
      What on earth is an emergent church? Just curious.

      All the best,
      Fred.

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, jparnellm@u...
      wrote:
      > BTW- I am just being facetious with Nate.
      >
      > Nate is analyzing a local "emergent church" mega-church on his
      blog. One of
      > their methods is these "love wins" bumper stickers.
      >
      > - Parnell McCarter
      >

      > Quoting jparnellm@u...:
      >
      > > Nate, are you the one that passed out all of these "love wins"
      bumper
      > > stickers
      > > that I am seeing around Grand Rapids lately? And did you get
      the idea from
      > > the
      > > Day of the Placards in French history?
      > >
      > > - Parnell McCarter
      > >

      > > Quoting Nathan&Lydia Eshelman <nleshelman@y...>:
      > >
      > > > I do not own any guns, camo, pickup, or have a mounted deer or
      other dead
      > > > animal- ...
      > > >
      > > > Nate
      > > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Fred blahous
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 13, 2005
        G'day Larry.

        I was rejected because I have flat feet. They just cramp up on me
        sometimes and I get unbearable agony. That's why I wear orthodontics.

        All the best,
        Fred.

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Bump"
        <lbump@b...> wrote:

> [...]
      • Fred blahous
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 13, 2005
          How strange that the one institution in society which is trained
          specifically to kill (hopefully just the baddies) should be the
          least corrupted in our society. The medical profession would be the
          worst, since they get paid to bump off older patients and
          handicapped babies. So much for the caring profession.

          All the best,
          Fred.

          Jr." <puritanpresbyterian@y...> wrote:
          > Cheryl,
          >
          > > Long before I was reformed, I used to be in the 32nd Service
          > Battalion of the Canadian Armed Forces militia unit. I learned to
          > throw grenades, shoot rifles and use an SMG. I even wore camo
          paint
          > and ran around in the woods trying to pretend I knew what I was
          > doing. Everyone should be grateful that the security of Canada
          does
          > not rest on my shoulders. Even so, don't mess with me. :oP
          > >
          > > Cheryl
          >
          > I love it! Funny! I was a U.S. Marine for 8 years (1990-1998), I
          > tend to consider it the best time period of my life. I, however,
          > did know what I was doing with the weapons they gave me... ;-)
          > Then, there were the spiritual weapons that the Lord provided me
          > during the same period...well let me tell you what a place to
          fully
          > excercise one's spiritual gifts and sanctification!
          >
          > Semper Fi
          > Do or Die!
          >
          > Edgar
          >

          > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Cheryl Grenon"
          > <cheryl@g...> wrote:
          > > Dear Nate,
          > >
          > > If you could see some of the theological drubbings that are
          > sometimes handed out around here you would understand why the
          women
          > tend to stay on the sidelines in discussion.
          > >
          > > Long before I was reformed, I used to be in the 32nd Service
          > Battalion of the Canadian Armed Forces militia unit. I learned to
          > throw grenades, shoot rifles and use an SMG. I even wore camo
          paint
          > and ran around in the woods trying to pretend I knew what I was
          > doing. Everyone should be grateful that the security of Canada
          does
          > not rest on my shoulders. Even so, don't mess with me. :oP
          > >
          > > Cheryl

          As
          > you may know, Lydia nurses both of our children. (Owen for life,
          > Anna for sleeping and comfort.
          > >
          > > I do not own any guns, camo, pickup, or have a mounted deer or
          > other dead animal- but I believe that Christian liberty allows
          > others to!
          > >
          > > Nate
          > >
          > > Cheryl Grenon <cheryl@g...> wrote:
          > > Welcome Nathan! I believe your wife, Lydia, is a member of
          my
          > Biblewives list.
          > >
          > > I'm Cheryl Grenon, mom to 12, the youngest of whom is
          about
          > 2 weeks older than your Owen. One of my sons is named Nathanael
          as
          > well. I also have 2 grandchildren. My husband and I have been
          > married for almost 25 years. I am a member of the Prince George
          > Society associated with the RPNA. My dh is not reformed so the
          > children and I attend without him.
          > >
          > > I don't own any rifles or shot guns, but my dh does. He
          also
          > has reloading equipment. Does this count?
          > >
          > > I don't like cigars or cigarettes, and can't stand the taste
          > of beer. Give me chocolate and hard ciders or white zinfandel any
          > day.
          > >
          > > I take nursing my son quite seriously and frequently wear
          > scrubs to demonstrate my devotion to this duty. It gets me funny
          > looks in the grocery store, however, because people see me with
          what
          > is obviously a new baby and wearing a work uniform and they assume
          > am back "at work" already. Little do they know that scrubs are
          > extremely comfortable, durable and practically stainproof
          mothering
          > wear. I do work in health care, but I do it from my own home as I
          > am a certified practitioner in alternative healthcare. My long
          term
          > goal is to get my Ph.D. and become a naturopath.
          > >
          > > Cheryl

          RN,
          > too. But I
          > > can't find anyone that enjoys dark ales with me and likes
          > discuss
          > > Reformed Theology. ;-(
          > >
          > > Larry

          Terms
          > of Service.

          > -----------
        • Fred blahous
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 13, 2005
            But no-one ever attacks others personally, only positions. This is
            the opposite of the Calvin Lives club which I was on for a while,
            where they constantly ripped into everyone, from Deano at Calvinist
            Singles to Larry Birger at SWRB, etc. This group is a welcome change
            from all that.

            All the best,
            Fred.

            <cheryl@g...> wrote:
            > Dear Nate,
            >
            > If you could see some of the theological drubbings that are
            sometimes handed out around here you would understand why the women
            tend to stay on the sidelines in discussion.

            > Long before I was reformed, I used to be in the 32nd Service
            Battalion of the Canadian Armed Forces militia unit. I learned to
            throw grenades, shoot rifles and use an SMG. I even wore camo paint
            and ran around in the woods trying to pretend I knew what I was
            doing. Everyone should be grateful that the security of Canada does
            not rest on my shoulders. Even so, don't mess with me. :oP

            > Cheryl

            is obviously a new baby and wearing a work uniform and they assume I