Re: [Covenanted Reformation] nathan eshelman: new member

  • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 12 2:09 PM
      Will it win me the lotto???

      or

      some Corn Flakes???

      Ah, the bumper stickers...Many moons ago, when my PCA Pastor, one of
      the Elders and myself went to an Evangelism Explosion Training
      Seminar, I recall a young lady giving her testimonials and how, in
      her own words now, "She was saved by a bumper sticker". Now I
      understand all about God's providential use of any means to
      accomplish His means, but I could not help but chuckle at the way
      she said it and then since many did not give the response I guess
      she was looking for, she quickly qualified it, but I still cannot
      help but chuckle....

      Whatever happened to just presenting the Gospel and living the life
      as living epistles???

      Too much lovey doveyness...

      Smile, God loves you(maybe).... (my Calvinst bumper sticker),

      j/k,
      Edgar

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, jparnellm@u...
      wrote:
      > BTW- I am just being facetious with Nate.
      >
      > Nate is analyzing a local "emergent church" mega-church on his
      blog. One of
      > their methods is these "love wins" bumper stickers.
      >
      > - Parnell McCarter
      >

      > Quoting jparnellm@u...:
      >
      > > Nate, are you the one that passed out all of these "love wins"
      bumper
      > > stickers
      > > that I am seeing around Grand Rapids lately? And did you get
      the idea from
      > > the
      > > Day of the Placards in French history?
      > >
      > > - Parnell McCarter
      > >

      > > Quoting Nathan&Lydia Eshelman <nleshelman@y...>:
      > >
      > > > I do not own any guns, camo, pickup, or have a mounted deer or
      other dead
      > > > animal- ...
      > > >
      > > > Nate
      > > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Fred blahous
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 13 7:18 AM
        So much for women remaining silent in church.lol.

      • Fred blahous
        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 13 7:20 AM
          What on earth is an emergent church? Just curious.

          All the best,
          Fred.

          wrote:
          > BTW- I am just being facetious with Nate.
          >
          > Nate is analyzing a local "emergent church" mega-church on his
          blog. One of
          > their methods is these "love wins" bumper stickers.
          >
          > - Parnell McCarter
          >

          > Quoting jparnellm@u...:
          >
          > > Nate, are you the one that passed out all of these "love wins"
          bumper
          > > stickers
          > > that I am seeing around Grand Rapids lately? And did you get
          the idea from
          > > the
          > > Day of the Placards in French history?
          > >
          > > - Parnell McCarter
          > >

          > > Quoting Nathan&Lydia Eshelman <nleshelman@y...>:
          > >
          > > > I do not own any guns, camo, pickup, or have a mounted deer or
          other dead
          > > > animal- ...
          > > >
          > > > Nate
          > > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Fred blahous
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 13 7:24 AM
            G'day Larry.

            I was rejected because I have flat feet. They just cramp up on me
            sometimes and I get unbearable agony. That's why I wear orthodontics.

            All the best,
            Fred.

            --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Bump"
            <lbump@b...> wrote:

> [...]
          • Fred blahous
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 13 7:27 AM
              How strange that the one institution in society which is trained
              specifically to kill (hopefully just the baddies) should be the
              least corrupted in our society. The medical profession would be the
              worst, since they get paid to bump off older patients and
              handicapped babies. So much for the caring profession.

              All the best,
              Fred.

              Jr." <puritanpresbyterian@y...> wrote:
              > Cheryl,
              >
              > > Long before I was reformed, I used to be in the 32nd Service
              > Battalion of the Canadian Armed Forces militia unit. I learned to
              > throw grenades, shoot rifles and use an SMG. I even wore camo
              paint
              > and ran around in the woods trying to pretend I knew what I was
              > doing. Everyone should be grateful that the security of Canada
              does
              > not rest on my shoulders. Even so, don't mess with me. :oP
              > >
              > > Cheryl
              >
              > I love it! Funny! I was a U.S. Marine for 8 years (1990-1998), I
              > tend to consider it the best time period of my life. I, however,
              > did know what I was doing with the weapons they gave me... ;-)
              > Then, there were the spiritual weapons that the Lord provided me
              > during the same period...well let me tell you what a place to
              fully
              > excercise one's spiritual gifts and sanctification!
              >
              > Semper Fi
              > Do or Die!
              >
              > Edgar
              >

              > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Cheryl Grenon"
              > <cheryl@g...> wrote:
              > > Dear Nate,
              > >
              > > If you could see some of the theological drubbings that are
              > sometimes handed out around here you would understand why the
              women
              > tend to stay on the sidelines in discussion.
              > >
              > > Long before I was reformed, I used to be in the 32nd Service
              > Battalion of the Canadian Armed Forces militia unit. I learned to
              > throw grenades, shoot rifles and use an SMG. I even wore camo
              paint
              > and ran around in the woods trying to pretend I knew what I was
              > doing. Everyone should be grateful that the security of Canada
              does
              > not rest on my shoulders. Even so, don't mess with me. :oP
              > >
              > > Cheryl

              As
              > you may know, Lydia nurses both of our children. (Owen for life,
              > Anna for sleeping and comfort.
              > >
              > > I do not own any guns, camo, pickup, or have a mounted deer or
              > other dead animal- but I believe that Christian liberty allows
              > others to!
              > >
              > > Nate
              > >
              > > Cheryl Grenon <cheryl@g...> wrote:
              > > Welcome Nathan! I believe your wife, Lydia, is a member of
              my
              > Biblewives list.
              > >
              > > I'm Cheryl Grenon, mom to 12, the youngest of whom is
              about
              > 2 weeks older than your Owen. One of my sons is named Nathanael
              as
              > well. I also have 2 grandchildren. My husband and I have been
              > married for almost 25 years. I am a member of the Prince George
              > Society associated with the RPNA. My dh is not reformed so the
              > children and I attend without him.
              > >
              > > I don't own any rifles or shot guns, but my dh does. He
              also
              > has reloading equipment. Does this count?
              > >
              > > I don't like cigars or cigarettes, and can't stand the taste
              > of beer. Give me chocolate and hard ciders or white zinfandel any
              > day.
              > >
              > > I take nursing my son quite seriously and frequently wear
              > scrubs to demonstrate my devotion to this duty. It gets me funny
              > looks in the grocery store, however, because people see me with
              what
              > is obviously a new baby and wearing a work uniform and they assume
              > am back "at work" already. Little do they know that scrubs are
              > extremely comfortable, durable and practically stainproof
              mothering
              > wear. I do work in health care, but I do it from my own home as I
              > am a certified practitioner in alternative healthcare. My long
              term
              > goal is to get my Ph.D. and become a naturopath.
              > >
              > > Cheryl

              RN,
              > too. But I
              > > can't find anyone that enjoys dark ales with me and likes
              > discuss
              > > Reformed Theology. ;-(
              > >
              > > Larry

              Terms
              > of Service.

              > -----------
            • Fred blahous
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 13 7:29 AM
                But no-one ever attacks others personally, only positions. This is
                the opposite of the Calvin Lives club which I was on for a while,
                where they constantly ripped into everyone, from Deano at Calvinist
                Singles to Larry Birger at SWRB, etc. This group is a welcome change
                from all that.

                All the best,
                Fred.

                <cheryl@g...> wrote:
                > Dear Nate,
                >
                > If you could see some of the theological drubbings that are
                sometimes handed out around here you would understand why the women
                tend to stay on the sidelines in discussion.

                > Long before I was reformed, I used to be in the 32nd Service
                Battalion of the Canadian Armed Forces militia unit. I learned to
                throw grenades, shoot rifles and use an SMG. I even wore camo paint
                and ran around in the woods trying to pretend I knew what I was
                doing. Everyone should be grateful that the security of Canada does
                not rest on my shoulders. Even so, don't mess with me. :oP

                > Cheryl

                is obviously a new baby and wearing a work uniform and they assume I