Re: [Covenanted Reformation] nathan eshelman: new member

  • jparnellm@usxchange.net
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 12, 2005
      BTW- I am just being facetious with Nate.

      Nate is analyzing a local "emergent church" mega-church on his blog. One of
      their methods is these "love wins" bumper stickers.

      - Parnell McCarter

      Quoting jparnellm@...:

      > Nate, are you the one that passed out all of these "love wins" bumper
      > stickers
      > that I am seeing around Grand Rapids lately? And did you get the idea from
      > the
      > Day of the Placards in French history?
      >
      > - Parnell McCarter
      >

      > Quoting Nathan&Lydia Eshelman <nleshelman@...>:
      >
      > > I do not own any guns, camo, pickup, or have a mounted deer or other dead
      > > animal- ...
      > >
      > > Nate
      > >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Willena
      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 12, 2005
        Hi Nathan,

        I am one of the Biblewives too, but here I mostly read and seldom post. I claim no experience with or knowledge of guns of any kind, having never had one in my home or even held one in my hands... and I love deer and moose only to look at, or to eat if someone else does the hunting. :oP

        I am Willena Flewelling, and I have been married to Ian for 23 years. I have seven children ranging in age from 22 to 6. I too have a Nathaniel. I nursed my children for both food and comfort too, for as long as four years with some of them.

        My children and I are members of the RPNA in Edmonton, but my husband is not.

        Willena

        Nathan&Lydia Eshelman wrote:
        Thanks for the introduction Cheryl. It is nice to know that a "bible wife" is also in the "club".
        I think that more of the wives should join in the theological discussion as well as the husbands see the importance of nursing. As you may know, Lydia nurses both of our children. (Owen for life, Anna for sleeping and comfort.

        I do not own any guns, camo, pickup, or have a mounted deer or other dead animal- but I believe that Christian liberty allows others to!

        Nate

        Cheryl Grenon <cheryl@...> wrote:
        Welcome Nathan!  I believe your wife, Lydia, is a member of my Biblewives list.

        I'm Cheryl Grenon,   mom to 12, the youngest of whom is about 2 weeks older than your Owen.  One of my sons is named Nathanael as well.  I also have 2 grandchildren.  My husband and I have been married for almost 25 years.  I am a member of the Prince George Society associated with the RPNA.  My dh is not reformed so the children and I attend without him.

        I don't own any rifles or shot guns, but my dh does.  He also has reloading equipment.  Does this count?

        I don't like cigars or cigarettes, and can't stand the taste of beer.  Give me chocolate and hard ciders or white zinfandel any day.

        I take nursing my son quite seriously and frequently wear scrubs to demonstrate my devotion to this duty.  It gets me funny looks in the grocery store, however, because people see me with what is obviously a new baby and wearing a work uniform and they assume I am back "at work" already.  Little do they know that scrubs are extremely comfortable, durable and practically stainproof mothering wear.  I do work in health care, but I do it from my own home as I am a certified practitioner in alternative healthcare.  My long term goal is to get my Ph.D. and become a naturopath.

        Cheryl

        Message 3 of 17 , Aug 12, 2005
          Will it win me the lotto???

          or

          some Corn Flakes???

          Ah, the bumper stickers...Many moons ago, when my PCA Pastor, one of
          the Elders and myself went to an Evangelism Explosion Training
          Seminar, I recall a young lady giving her testimonials and how, in
          her own words now, "She was saved by a bumper sticker". Now I
          understand all about God's providential use of any means to
          accomplish His means, but I could not help but chuckle at the way
          she said it and then since many did not give the response I guess
          she was looking for, she quickly qualified it, but I still cannot
          help but chuckle....

          Whatever happened to just presenting the Gospel and living the life
          as living epistles???

          Too much lovey doveyness...

          Smile, God loves you(maybe).... (my Calvinst bumper sticker),

          j/k,
          Edgar

          --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, jparnellm@u...
          wrote:
          > BTW- I am just being facetious with Nate.
          >
          > Nate is analyzing a local "emergent church" mega-church on his
          blog. One of
          > their methods is these "love wins" bumper stickers.
          >
          > - Parnell McCarter
          >

          > Quoting jparnellm@u...:
          >
          > > Nate, are you the one that passed out all of these "love wins"
          bumper
          > > stickers
          > > that I am seeing around Grand Rapids lately? And did you get
          the idea from
          > > the
          > > Day of the Placards in French history?
          > >
          > > - Parnell McCarter
          > >

          > > Quoting Nathan&Lydia Eshelman <nleshelman@y...>:
          > >
          > > > I do not own any guns, camo, pickup, or have a mounted deer or
          other dead
          > > > animal- ...
          > > >
          > > > Nate
          > > >

          > > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Fred blahous
          Message 4 of 17 , Aug 13, 2005
            So much for women remaining silent in church.lol.

          • Fred blahous
            Message 5 of 17 , Aug 13, 2005
              What on earth is an emergent church? Just curious.

              All the best,
              Fred.

              wrote:
              > BTW- I am just being facetious with Nate.
              >
              > Nate is analyzing a local "emergent church" mega-church on his
              blog. One of
              > their methods is these "love wins" bumper stickers.
              >
              > - Parnell McCarter
              >

              > Quoting jparnellm@u...:
              >
              > > Nate, are you the one that passed out all of these "love wins"
              bumper
              > > stickers
              > > that I am seeing around Grand Rapids lately? And did you get
              the idea from
              > > the
              > > Day of the Placards in French history?
              > >
              > > - Parnell McCarter
              > >

              > > Quoting Nathan&Lydia Eshelman <nleshelman@y...>:
              > >
              > > > I do not own any guns, camo, pickup, or have a mounted deer or
              other dead
              > > > animal- ...
              > > >
              > > > Nate
              > > >

              > > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Fred blahous
              Message 6 of 17 , Aug 13, 2005
                G'day Larry.

                I was rejected because I have flat feet. They just cramp up on me
                sometimes and I get unbearable agony. That's why I wear orthodontics.

                All the best,
                Fred.

                --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Bump"
                <lbump@b...> wrote:

> [...]
              • Fred blahous
                Message 7 of 17 , Aug 13, 2005
                  How strange that the one institution in society which is trained
                  specifically to kill (hopefully just the baddies) should be the
                  least corrupted in our society. The medical profession would be the
                  worst, since they get paid to bump off older patients and
                  handicapped babies. So much for the caring profession.

                  All the best,
                  Fred.

                  Jr." <puritanpresbyterian@y...> wrote:
                  > Cheryl,
                  >
                  > > Long before I was reformed, I used to be in the 32nd Service
                  > Battalion of the Canadian Armed Forces militia unit. I learned to
                  > throw grenades, shoot rifles and use an SMG. I even wore camo
                  paint
                  > and ran around in the woods trying to pretend I knew what I was
                  > doing. Everyone should be grateful that the security of Canada
                  does
                  > not rest on my shoulders. Even so, don't mess with me. :oP
                  > >
                  > > Cheryl
                  >
                  > I love it! Funny! I was a U.S. Marine for 8 years (1990-1998), I
                  > tend to consider it the best time period of my life. I, however,
                  > did know what I was doing with the weapons they gave me... ;-)
                  > Then, there were the spiritual weapons that the Lord provided me
                  > during the same period...well let me tell you what a place to
                  fully
                  > excercise one's spiritual gifts and sanctification!
                  >
                  > Semper Fi
                  > Do or Die!
                  >
                  > Edgar
                  >

                  > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Cheryl Grenon"
                  > <cheryl@g...> wrote:
                  > > Dear Nate,
                  > >
                  > > If you could see some of the theological drubbings that are
                  > sometimes handed out around here you would understand why the
                  women
                  > tend to stay on the sidelines in discussion.
                  > >
                  > > Long before I was reformed, I used to be in the 32nd Service
                  > Battalion of the Canadian Armed Forces militia unit. I learned to
                  > throw grenades, shoot rifles and use an SMG. I even wore camo
                  paint
                  > and ran around in the woods trying to pretend I knew what I was
                  > doing. Everyone should be grateful that the security of Canada
                  does
                  > not rest on my shoulders. Even so, don't mess with me. :oP
                  > >
                  > > Cheryl

                  Terms
                  > of Service.

                  > -----------
                • Fred blahous
                  Message 8 of 17 , Aug 13, 2005
                    But no-one ever attacks others personally, only positions. This is
                    the opposite of the Calvin Lives club which I was on for a while,
                    where they constantly ripped into everyone, from Deano at Calvinist
                    Singles to Larry Birger at SWRB, etc. This group is a welcome change
                    from all that.

                    All the best,
                    Fred.