Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Definition of Occasional Hearing.

  • Matthew Winzer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2005
      Amen and amen!

      I would be interested to know how many people would choose to forsake sound biblical reformed preaching in other denominations, even if it means having to sit at home and read sermons, and all under the guise of being faithful to "attained reformation."

      Those ministers of other denominations, I imagine, will judge the quality of this "attained reformation" by its fruits.  It is lamentable to see the visible witness of the church decaying under the pretence of magnifying its invisible qualities.  And that last statement could have been spoken by none other than George Gillespie, who taught the House of Commons, "Reformation ends not in contemplation, but in action."

      Yours sincerely,
      Matthew Winzer