New Topic, the so called RoP

  • Larry Bump
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2005
      I have an idea. Instead of celebrating our 99% commonality by tearing one
      another apart, let's join together and take a look at one of the enemies of
      the Gospel. After that, if it works out, maybe we can move to another and
      see what we can learn.

      When Mohammed had his "revelation" that started the religion of Islam, did
      he:

      1. Knowingly make it up as a way to gain power and wealth, or
      2. Have severe hallucinations/insanity/voices in this head, or
      3. fall prey to the machinations of Satan to start a religion that has been
      pretty successful at limiting the Church for over a thousand years?
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2005
        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Bump"
        <lbump@b...> wrote:
        > I have an idea. Instead of celebrating our 99% commonality by
        tearing one
        > another apart, let's join together and take a look at one of the
        enemies of
        > the Gospel.

        Sounds good to me, Larry! Good idea. Hmm... now where can we find an
        enemy of the Gospel??? Oh, I see you've chosen one.

        > When Mohammed had his "revelation" that started the religion of
        Islam, did
        > he:
        >
        > 1. Knowingly make it up as a way to gain power and wealth, or
        > 2. Have severe hallucinations/insanity/voices in this head, or
        > 3. fall prey to the machinations of Satan to start a religion that
        has been
        > pretty successful at limiting the Church for over a thousand years?

        I would not rule out anyone of them, and believe that very likely all
        three are somehow involved -- Kinda like Joseph Smith or L. Ron
        Hubbard (creative guys that are pleasantly suprised that people are
        buying into their story, and eventually become so demonically deluded
        that they start actually believing it themselves).

        You know, Luther believed that Islam was another horn of Antichrist.

        gmw.
      • persons1n3
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 4, 2005
          Larry : "fall prey to the machinations of Satan to start a religion
          that
          has been pretty successful at limiting the Church for over a
          thousand years?

          Where was the Church for this "over thousand year period?"
          Isn't "over a thousand years" longer than the time since the
          Reformational '1517' Sola Fide inception? If you are of good-will,
          as Christ Jesus My Lord desires, you will respond.

          persons1n3

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 4, 2005
            I'm considering if crying "ill will!" towards all who do not dance
            when you call the tune is STRIKE THREE.

            You've not been here too long, and I'm sure others may wish to respond
            to you, so maybe I'll wait. But I'm ~this close~ to showing you the
            door, in good will towards my brethren.

            gmw.

            --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "persons1n3"
            > If you are of good-will,
            > as Christ Jesus My Lord desires, you will respond.
          • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 4, 2005
              gmw,

              I have this old Marine Corps boot lying around, if you want to
              use it...

              Edgar

              <raging.calvinist@v...> wrote:

              > I'm considering if crying "ill will!" towards all who do not dance
              > when you call the tune is STRIKE THREE.
              >
              > You've not been here too long, and I'm sure others may wish to
              respond
              > to you, so maybe I'll wait. But I'm ~this close~ to showing you
              the
              > door, in good will towards my brethren.
              >
              > gmw.
              >
              > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "persons1n3"
              > > If you are of good-will,
              > > as Christ Jesus My Lord desires, you will respond.
            • Fred blahous
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 5, 2005
                It was my understanding that there was some link with the Roman
                Pontiff of the day who wanted to weaken the Eastern church to
                consolidate their power in Rome. I think the link was on
                www.reformation.org. One of the sites linked at news with views.

                Fred.