Little Known Rutherford On Veiling

  • persons1n3
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2005
      "The keepers of the wall took away my veil from me."

      Either they took away the scarf that covered her face, or her vail, or
      kerchief that did cover her head, which was both an ornament (Isa.
      3:23) and a sign of subjection of the wife to her husband (1 Cor.
      11:7): for because (Ez. 23:25) they took away the vail from lewd
      women, as a token they were harlots, whereas the vail is a sign of
      modesty.

      Rutherford agrees the veil is a sign of modesty.

      As pertains to male Jews who cover themselves; the context is
      different than that of the woman. The Man is the made in the image of
      God, and the woman, in a different context, is made in the image of
      man.

      Women throughout this country, don veils in public and when
      prophesying in Church as Paul commands. Muslims, Hindus and Jews, a
      minority of Protestants, and most Traditional Catholics still wear
      veils here. It is obviously considered a custom, and has not been
      eradicated here, for some reason.

      persons3n1