Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: RPCNA

  • Martin
    Message 1 of 101 , Jun 30, 2005
      > You have not explained the sin that the RPCNA would involve you in by
      > attending. I say there is none, and your continued rejection despite that
      > lack demonstrates that you do *not* consider the RPCNA a true church where
      > one may truly worship our Lord.
      > Rather, you treat her as I would treat the Papists, Mormons, and Witlesses;
      > ie not a true church.

      So whether it is a sin to attend an RPCNA church is contingent upon my
      convincing you that it is? That's an odd requirement.

      If I believe it would be sinful to attend an RPCNA church, how does that
      necessarily infer that I believe the RPCNA is a false church? You've
      already admitted that there are cases where a church is a true church,
      but one may not be able to attend where it would be sinful. How is this
      not one of those cases?

      Martin
    • John McNamara
      Message 101 of 101 , Jul 6, 2005
        Peter:

        Yes, the PCA used to be very conservative and orthodox.  But now it seems they are starting down the same road as the PCUSA.  The OPC, I have heard, is getting that way also.  Truly Reformed Orthodox churches are getting few and far between.  If you don't live in the area of one of these you have the choice of attending a more liberal church for worship or not attending a local church at all.

        John McNamara

        Peter <GrayPJ@...> wrote:
        You're welcome. I know there's also an OPC mission plant in Yardley,
        PA. That might be a little closer? I believe there are also a few PCA
        churches in Buck co. I've never been to any but from what I've seen on
        their websites they're pretty liberal and/or ceremonial.

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, John McNamara
        <jpmmack@y...> wrote:
        > Peter:

        > Thank you for the reply.  I did a mapquest search for directions to
        the Elkin church you gave and is says it would be about an hour drive.
        I think I would like something a little closer, but we will see how
        it turns out.

        > John McNamara
        >
        > Peter <GrayPJ@c...> wrote:
        > Hello John,
        >
        > I live around about Trenton. If you're an hr 1/2 from Philly its
        > probably little more than an hour to the church I go to in Elkins
        > Park. (You can find directions at RPCNA.org or PhillyRPC.org) I also
        > heard there was an ARP church or American Presbyterian church or
        > something like that (psalm singing) in that area.
        >
        > Peter Gray
        >
        > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, John McNamara
        > <jpmmack@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello all:
        > >
        > > I am new here on this list, so an introduction is in order.  I am a
        > 46 year old member of the United States Air Force.  In the Air Force,
        > I am a member of the Security Forces (military police).  I have been
        > in the military for 19 years.  I just now was assigned to a new base
        > in New Jersey.  I have an Associates Degree in Criminal Justice, a
        > B.A. in Political Science, and a M.A. in Political Science.  I did
        > attend a Seminary for a year and a half, but never graduated.  I am
        > reformed or if you perfer calivinist in theology.  I was brought up in
        > the PCUSA and was ordained as an elder.  Most recently I was in at PCA
        > church, since the PCUSA is pretty well lost.  I have served on the
        > Session as an elder in a PCUSA Church and a PCA church.
        > >
        > > Now for the assistance part.  Since my family and I have just
        > arrived in New Jersey we are looking for a good orthodox, reformed
        > church in the area.  We are at McGuire Air Force Base.  This is one
        > and a half hours from Philiadelphia and about 40 minutes from Trenton.
        > The towns right outside the base are Cookstown and Wrightstown.  If
        > anybody is familiar with New Jersey and can recommend a good reformed
        > church, we would appreciate it.
        > >
        > > Thanks.
        > >
        > > John P. McNamara

        Service.