Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: RPCNA

  • personalwg@chartermi.net
    Message 1 of 101 , Jun 30, 2005
      Larry, thanks for your comments to Martin (whom I do not know personally
      and am not sure if he is a member of the RPNA...if yes, sorry Martin I
      do not know you).

      However, I do not think the RPNA is "turning into a home-church,
      perfectionist group". In fact, I believe that the opposite is true. We
      are forming more societies around the country where the Lord so provides
      us additional members or interested parties, and even setting up groups
      that meet to discuss issues at length. Just a month or so ago I had a
      wonderful family from Grand Rapids visit who is working through issues
      to possibly join, and at the same time a new family that has recently
      joined from Wisconsin. We all got together in an informal society
      meeting to worship and hash out misunderstandings and confusion. I'm in
      Northern Michigan and indeed hope that the Lord will provide me others
      interested in such gatherings.

      Again, the opposite is true. We are forming more societies and, Lord
      willing, we will be growing more formal sessions as the Lord provides us
      ministers around the world.

      You are indeed fortunate that the RPCNA is all unified in your terms of
      communion throughout the United States and world, but our terms of
      communion are a bit more carefully observed than I suspect your
      ministers care to consider.

      I say this as I have not received any formal comments on our brotherly
      entreaty.

      Walt.

      Larry Bump wrote:

> [...]
    • John McNamara
      Message 101 of 101 , Jul 6, 2005
        Peter:

        Yes, the PCA used to be very conservative and orthodox.  But now it seems they are starting down the same road as the PCUSA.  The OPC, I have heard, is getting that way also.  Truly Reformed Orthodox churches are getting few and far between.  If you don't live in the area of one of these you have the choice of attending a more liberal church for worship or not attending a local church at all.

        John McNamara

        Peter <GrayPJ@...> wrote:
        You're welcome. I know there's also an OPC mission plant in Yardley,
        PA. That might be a little closer? I believe there are also a few PCA
        churches in Buck co. I've never been to any but from what I've seen on
        their websites they're pretty liberal and/or ceremonial.

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, John McNamara
        <jpmmack@y...> wrote:
        > Peter:

        > Thank you for the reply.  I did a mapquest search for directions to
        the Elkin church you gave and is says it would be about an hour drive.
        I think I would like something a little closer, but we will see how
        it turns out.

        > John McNamara
        >
        > Peter <GrayPJ@c...> wrote:
        > Hello John,
        >
        > I live around about Trenton. If you're an hr 1/2 from Philly its
        > probably little more than an hour to the church I go to in Elkins
        > Park. (You can find directions at RPCNA.org or PhillyRPC.org) I also
        > heard there was an ARP church or American Presbyterian church or
        > something like that (psalm singing) in that area.
        >
        > Peter Gray
        >
        > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, John McNamara
        > <jpmmack@y...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello all:
        > >
        > > I am new here on this list, so an introduction is in order.  I am a
        > 46 year old member of the United States Air Force.  In the Air Force,
        > I am a member of the Security Forces (military police).  I have been
        > in the military for 19 years.  I just now was assigned to a new base
        > in New Jersey.  I have an Associates Degree in Criminal Justice, a
        > B.A. in Political Science, and a M.A. in Political Science.  I did
        > attend a Seminary for a year and a half, but never graduated.  I am
        > reformed or if you perfer calivinist in theology.  I was brought up in
        > the PCUSA and was ordained as an elder.  Most recently I was in at PCA
        > church, since the PCUSA is pretty well lost.  I have served on the
        > Session as an elder in a PCUSA Church and a PCA church.
        > >
        > > Now for the assistance part.  Since my family and I have just
        > arrived in New Jersey we are looking for a good orthodox, reformed
        > church in the area.  We are at McGuire Air Force Base.  This is one
        > and a half hours from Philiadelphia and about 40 minutes from Trenton.
        > The towns right outside the base are Cookstown and Wrightstown.  If
        > anybody is familiar with New Jersey and can recommend a good reformed
        > church, we would appreciate it.
        > >
        > > Thanks.
        > >
        > > John P. McNamara

        Service.