Re: [Covenanted Reformation] OPC/PCA

  • Mark Wiley
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2005
      Go The Trinity Review web site
      http://www.trinityfoundation.org/ and look at the
      horror stories link and the past reviews and you will
      see that the OPC and PCA have swept this heresy under
      the rug so to speak. The OPC dating back to the 70's
      with the Norman Sheperd (Sheperdism, Neolegalism)
      controversy. Sheperd taught at Westminster. He taught
      justification by a combination of faith and works that
      he said agreed with the WCF standards. The PCA since
      the 90's with the Auburn Ave PCA in Monroe LA and now
      several other sympathizers. The truth is that there
      are factions of this heresy in most North American
      reformed denominations. Douglas Wilson is another
      heretic spreading this cancer. The common denominator
      in all of the different justification controversies is
      Westminster seminary, where the cancer was never
      properly dealt with in the Sheperd controversy. Now
      former supporters and students of Sheperd are teaching
      this and other lies. John Frame of Reformed
      Theological Seminary and the PCA is another former
      supporter of Sheperd. Your friend is correct about the
      founding of the ERPC. They already have a web site and
      they have received great interest as soon as the
      announcement was made concerning the new denomination.
      That is why I asked in this form about a true reformed
      denomination that wasn't involved in any of the
      different justification heresies. One must remember
      though that there are still a lot of good
      congregations and people within the whole of the many
      infected denominations, and each church has to be
      judged on its own merits. I personally hope to find a
      denomination that is Orthodox and stands for the
      truths of scripture. My thanks to everyone who
      responded to my post I truly appreciate all your
      suggestions although I didn’t mean to create a
      controversy with my question.

      --- sn_phillip <sn_phillip@...> wrote:

      > I heard there was a denomination splitting off of
      > the OPC and PCA
      > Regarding The Auburn Avenue Heresy/New Paul
      > Perspective? A Friend told
      > me The name of The new Denomination is called
      > Evangelical Reformed
      > Presbyterian Church. My friend here in California
      > knows someone who
      > attends Grace Presbyterian Church OPC in Costa Mesa,
      > California who
      > told me that his friend said that the reason for the
      > Split had to do
      > with the OPC and PCA being to friendly toward these
      > false doctrines. Is
      > it true that these Denominations are now Tolerating
      > these Doctrines.
      > Anyone know about this?

      Make Yahoo! your home page
      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs