Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Brief response to Edgar

  • Lettermen2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 29, 2005
      In a message dated 6/28/2005 7:09:21 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, antonio26_2005@... writes:
      Please show the forum how easy-believism is analogous with that which I, Ben, John and others have posted in reference to showing due charity to other believers and yes to even Mr. McMahon.
      Search Google using "easy believism"

      It seems our main contention is that of, "not throwing out the baby with the bath water (i.e. Mr. McMahon still has put forward some profitable things in reference to the faith once delivered to the saints).
      Agreed. Good advice.

      But "judgment begins in the house of God." If McMahon has a blind spot, then the discerning need to bring it to light for the good of the Body of Christ. That is precisely what Keith has done.

      I wish I could impress upon you the importance of what Keith has done. Coming from a Counter Reformation background, it seems that it would be easier for you to understand.

      Christ said, Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess
      me before
      men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God:  (Jesus Christ, Luke 12:8)

      The POPE IS THE ANTICHRIST , therefore, the words above have a corollary. If a professing Christian will not confess the antichrist before men, then the Son will not confess him before the angels of God.

      It is know that a good Catholic is unable to confess the pope is antichrist. McMahon may believe the pope is the antichrist in his secret heart, in spite of his dialog with Keith. If that is the case, then we do not know, at this point exactly why he will not confess the pope as antichrist. Could he be acting on the advice of other churchman? The threat of the Roman Catholic Institution is enough to make most men back down. Luther and Calvin did not back down. Result: they were used of God to bring Western Civilization out of the Dark Ages. . .

      Considering the fact that the pope is the very embodiment of opposition to the Gospel, The Man of Sin, Head of the Great Whore Church, then this is a matter of utmost concern, and puts ANYONE'S Christian witness on hold. The Father of Lies might confess anything with his mouth. But also, telling, is what a professing Christian is unable to confess with his mouth.

      We know he does err in areas and we would not sit under him as a teaching elder nor be ecclesiastically affiliated with him in his present state. However, we would still say that he has done some good service to the reformed faith in reference to some of the things he is looking to reproduce from the 2nd reformation and also other things he has written on covenant theology.

      Agreed. Look back at my posts. I stated up front that his work can be helpful to Covenanters.

      For the souls of the elect,
      sk

      Your brother in Christ,

      Tony Menendez