Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: McMahon question

  • Lettermen2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2005
      In a message dated 6/9/2005 12:26:21 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, kdotz@... writes:

      The elect cannot be deceived.  If McMahon's teachings concerning the identities of the Antichrist and the man of sin are in diametric opposition to that of the Ancient Christians, the Reformers, Puritans, and post-Reformers, then he is not what he appears to be...despite his new-found Covenanter beliefs.  More telling than all I've said above, is the fact that his "Puritan board" has become infested with Preterists.

      To know Christ is to know Antichrist.

      Your bud,
      Keith
      Friends,

      I take my stand unreservedly with Keith in this dialog.

      McMahon's work may be helpful to Covenanters, but he can not be trusted until he publicly names the pope as the antichrist.

      The Roman Catholic Institution is utterly corrupt. If one is not convinced of this, then one is not a Covenanter -- one is dabbling in covenant theology, but one is kissing some other hand than that of the Righteous Judge.

      "To know Christ is to know antichrist." And this goes on and on. To obey Christ is to know antichrist. To get the Gospel and the Means of Salvation right is to know antichrist. To communicate the Gospel is to know antichrist. To stand for Christian magistracy is to know antichrist. To enter into a covenant individually is to know antichrist. To enter into a covenant corporately is to know antichrist, and so forth, and so on.

      sk