RE: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: The West Coast is the Left Coast?

  • Big Walrus 2+2
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 6, 2005

      I had no idea you had broken your back and had surgery! Wow, I'm
      glad to hear you're doing well. I had back surgery in '94
      (lamenectomy for a ruptured disc). It was not fun to recover from
      for the first few weeks, but after that I was good as gold. I hope
      you have similar results.

      I will be recovering – or dealing – with this for the rest of my life – as the vertebra which ‘broke’ was ‘compressed’ (aka ‘crushed’).

      Eh – could be worse, much worse.  I am blessed J.

      I have had an herniated disc in my lumbar area since I was 16, and that as well as my C3-C6 discs were damage in the incident.  Generally, I’m simply weaker than I’d like to be now and some days simply walking to shop for groceries can put me down for awhile.  Time with help with this as well as P.T.  I am not complaining.  I am truly blessed.

      Things with me are well, very well. :)

      I am very happy to know that Our Lord has kept you well and things are good for you.

      I'm not currently under contract for a book, but writing is still
      something I enjoy very much. What are you writing these days?

      You know, you said it, everyone has a story.  Mine is God’s deliverance from the pit – and it took a lot of years and a lot of stages.  However, I’m writing it in the genre of fiction so it’s wrapped inside a murder mystery.  300 pages or so right now.  It’s intense and what many might call ‘worldly.’  Yet, that’s what I was taken out of.  Its ugliness is not masked nor glorified.  I have a feeling that should it make print I will catch a lot of flak from the Pharisees.

    • Cheryl
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 6, 2005
        Due date is Thursday.  I have now officially entered pregnancy doldrums, where things need doing but it hurts too much to do it.  So I flop uselessly in my office chair and bark orders at the kids and hubby.

        Don't resist the urge, Susan.  I need more good blogs to read.

        Cheryl