RE: [Covenanted Reformation] Re: The West Coast is the Left Coast?

  • Maggie
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 5, 2005

      Susan, born and raised in So. Calif. , currently a resident of Amish country

      Ah, Susan, I knew I felt kinship with you for a reason.

      I too was born and raised in So. Cal . (Anaheim/Orange County).

      I lived in Philly for a brief stint before settling in big Texas country J.  I was a courier there and loved my trips through the Amish countryside.

      How are things with you?

      Since I broke my back (recap: Oct of ’03, surgery to remove tumor next to broken vertebrae in Nov ’04 – doing well J ) I have been doing a lot of writing and loving it!

      Do you have another book in the works?

      Maggie

    • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 5, 2005
        Maggie,

        I lived in Orange County from 1991-(Spring)1993 then from Fall of
        1994 to 1998 (in between a year in Iwakuni, Japan), mostly at MCAS
        El Toro, my final year in Anaheim. I graduated from Irvine Valley
        College with my A.A. and attended Cal State Fullerton for 1.5 yrs
        then my family & I moved to San Francisco (aka Sodom), where I got
        my B.A.

        You also mention you were a courier, I work for DHL Express as a
        Supervisor, did you work for brown or purple?

        It's cool and neat that some of us have commonalities in other
        areas...!

        Anyways, its nice to just chit-chat just because, no?

        Your bro,
        Edgar

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Maggie"
        <mmpconley@s...> wrote:

        > "Susan, born and raised in So. Calif., currently a
        > resident of Amish country"
        >

        > Ah, Susan, I knew I felt kinship with you for a
        > reason.
        >

        > I too was born and raised in So. Cal.
        > (Anaheim/Orange County).
        >

        > I lived in Philly for a brief stint before
        > settling in big Texas country :-). I was a
        > courier there and loved my trips through the Amish
        > countryside.
        >

        > How are things with you?
        >

        > Since I broke my back (recap: Oct of '03, surgery
        > to remove tumor next to broken vertebrae in Nov
        > '04 – doing well :-) ) I have been doing a lot of
        > writing and loving it!
        >

        > Do you have another book in the works?
        >

        > Maggie
        >

        > --
        > Release Date: 6/4/2005
        >

        > --
        > Release Date: 6/4/2005
      • Big Walrus 2+2
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 5, 2005

          You also mention you were a courier, I work for DHL Express as a Supervisor, did you work for brown or purple?

          Ah, well, I was a COURIER-courier.  Philadelphia Express – two hours or less.  I picked it up and drove it to its destination anywhere within a two hour range of Philly.  That means NYC, Lancaster, Delaware, Maryland, Toms River… or just all over downtown Philly all day.  I spent time in an elevator with a mafia drug lord and his body guard (probably one of the safer times I was in that part of town, since I was not after his drugs) and several back alleys, and was chased on foot while I was in my car by a very large black man (I am a very little white woman) in the medical school district which was the one time I would have drawn the gun which all the men swore I should carry in my glove compartment.  (This guy actually caught up to me, slammed his hand against my driver’s side window and spit on my car).  I gave notice that afternoon.

          It's cool and neat that some of us have commonalities in other areas...!

          Anyways, its nice to just chit-chat just because, no?

          Absolutely J.

          Maggie

        • Jasper
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 6, 2005
            "...was chased on foot while I was in my car by a very large black man (I am a very little white woman) in the medical school district which was the one time I would have drawn the gun which all the men swore I should carry in my glove compartment.  (This guy actually caught up to me, slammed his hand against my driver’s side window and spit on my car)."

            Well after all, Philly is the City of Brotherly Love ya know

            Jasper

            Discover Yahoo!
          • Cheryl
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 6, 2005
              Susan,  do you have a blog?  If so, can you send me the link?

              Cheryl -- who enjoys blogs from literary types

              I'm not currently under contract for a book, but writing is still
              something I enjoy very much. What are you writing these days?

              Susan

            • Big Walrus 2+2
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 6, 2005

                I had no idea you had broken your back and had surgery! Wow, I'm
                glad to hear you're doing well. I had back surgery in '94
                (lamenectomy for a ruptured disc). It was not fun to recover from
                for the first few weeks, but after that I was good as gold. I hope
                you have similar results.

                I will be recovering – or dealing – with this for the rest of my life – as the vertebra which ‘broke’ was ‘compressed’ (aka ‘crushed’).

                Eh – could be worse, much worse.  I am blessed J.

                I have had an herniated disc in my lumbar area since I was 16, and that as well as my C3-C6 discs were damage in the incident.  Generally, I’m simply weaker than I’d like to be now and some days simply walking to shop for groceries can put me down for awhile.  Time with help with this as well as P.T.  I am not complaining.  I am truly blessed.

                Things with me are well, very well. :)

                I am very happy to know that Our Lord has kept you well and things are good for you.

                I'm not currently under contract for a book, but writing is still
                something I enjoy very much. What are you writing these days?

                You know, you said it, everyone has a story.  Mine is God’s deliverance from the pit – and it took a lot of years and a lot of stages.  However, I’m writing it in the genre of fiction so it’s wrapped inside a murder mystery.  300 pages or so right now.  It’s intense and what many might call ‘worldly.’  Yet, that’s what I was taken out of.  Its ugliness is not masked nor glorified.  I have a feeling that should it make print I will catch a lot of flak from the Pharisees.

              • Cheryl
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 6, 2005
                  Due date is Thursday.  I have now officially entered pregnancy doldrums, where things need doing but it hurts too much to do it.  So I flop uselessly in my office chair and bark orders at the kids and hubby.

                  Don't resist the urge, Susan.  I need more good blogs to read.

                  Cheryl