Re: The West Coast is the Left Coast?

  • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 4, 2005
      Maybe so about the fruits, but if I were to be categorized, call me
      a nut!

      heheheheheehehe....

      From upstate NY where I get to see 4 seasons,

      Edgar

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "susanandcrew"
      <gpyp@p...> wrote:
      > Even so, you still have more fruits and nuts per capita than any
      > other state in the union. ;)
      >
      > Susan, born and raised in So. Calif., currently a resident of
      Amish
      > country
      >

      > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Edgar A. Ibarra
      > Jr." <puritanpresbyterian@y...> wrote:
      > > Not sure if you all heard, but my home state of California again
      > > struck down a proposal to legalize sodomite/same gender marriage.
      > >
      > > Whereas Vermont and Massachusetts have made it legal and
      > recognized
      > > by the State government.
      > >
      > > Usually California is called the left coast for good reasons, I
      > > might add, but this time we Californians that are Conservative
      can
      > > called the East Coast, the Left Coast...
      > >
      > > ;-)
      > >
      > > BTW, not sure how familiar you all are with Southern California,
      > but
      > > even the secular media has started to liken that part of CA as
      the
      > > new American Bible Belt...
      > >
      > > Thought I boast a little (especially since there is so little to
      > > really boast about that State!) about my home state.
      > >
      > > From Aztlan,
      > >
      > > Edgar Ibarra
    • Maggie
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 5, 2005

        Susan, born and raised in So. Calif. , currently a resident of Amish country

        Ah, Susan, I knew I felt kinship with you for a reason.

        I too was born and raised in So. Cal . (Anaheim/Orange County).

        I lived in Philly for a brief stint before settling in big Texas country J.  I was a courier there and loved my trips through the Amish countryside.

        How are things with you?

        Since I broke my back (recap: Oct of ’03, surgery to remove tumor next to broken vertebrae in Nov ’04 – doing well J ) I have been doing a lot of writing and loving it!

        Do you have another book in the works?

        Maggie

      • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 5, 2005
          Maggie,

          I lived in Orange County from 1991-(Spring)1993 then from Fall of
          1994 to 1998 (in between a year in Iwakuni, Japan), mostly at MCAS
          El Toro, my final year in Anaheim. I graduated from Irvine Valley
          College with my A.A. and attended Cal State Fullerton for 1.5 yrs
          then my family & I moved to San Francisco (aka Sodom), where I got
          my B.A.

          You also mention you were a courier, I work for DHL Express as a
          Supervisor, did you work for brown or purple?

          It's cool and neat that some of us have commonalities in other
          areas...!

          Anyways, its nice to just chit-chat just because, no?

          Your bro,
          Edgar

          --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Maggie"
          <mmpconley@s...> wrote:

          > "Susan, born and raised in So. Calif., currently a
          > resident of Amish country"
          >

          > Ah, Susan, I knew I felt kinship with you for a
          > reason.
          >

          > I too was born and raised in So. Cal.
          > (Anaheim/Orange County).
          >

          > I lived in Philly for a brief stint before
          > settling in big Texas country :-). I was a
          > courier there and loved my trips through the Amish
          > countryside.
          >

          > How are things with you?
          >

          > Since I broke my back (recap: Oct of '03, surgery
          > to remove tumor next to broken vertebrae in Nov
          > '04 – doing well :-) ) I have been doing a lot of
          > writing and loving it!
          >

          > Do you have another book in the works?
          >

          > Maggie
          >

          > --
          > Release Date: 6/4/2005
          >

          > --
          > Release Date: 6/4/2005
        • Big Walrus 2+2
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 5, 2005

            You also mention you were a courier, I work for DHL Express as a Supervisor, did you work for brown or purple?

            Ah, well, I was a COURIER-courier.  Philadelphia Express – two hours or less.  I picked it up and drove it to its destination anywhere within a two hour range of Philly.  That means NYC, Lancaster, Delaware, Maryland, Toms River… or just all over downtown Philly all day.  I spent time in an elevator with a mafia drug lord and his body guard (probably one of the safer times I was in that part of town, since I was not after his drugs) and several back alleys, and was chased on foot while I was in my car by a very large black man (I am a very little white woman) in the medical school district which was the one time I would have drawn the gun which all the men swore I should carry in my glove compartment.  (This guy actually caught up to me, slammed his hand against my driver’s side window and spit on my car).  I gave notice that afternoon.

            It's cool and neat that some of us have commonalities in other areas...!

            Anyways, its nice to just chit-chat just because, no?

            Absolutely J.

            Maggie

          • Jasper
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 6, 2005
              "...was chased on foot while I was in my car by a very large black man (I am a very little white woman) in the medical school district which was the one time I would have drawn the gun which all the men swore I should carry in my glove compartment.  (This guy actually caught up to me, slammed his hand against my driver’s side window and spit on my car)."

              Well after all, Philly is the City of Brotherly Love ya know

              Jasper

              Discover Yahoo!
            • Cheryl
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 6, 2005
                Susan,  do you have a blog?  If so, can you send me the link?

                Cheryl -- who enjoys blogs from literary types

                I'm not currently under contract for a book, but writing is still
                something I enjoy very much. What are you writing these days?

                Susan

              • Big Walrus 2+2
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 6, 2005

                  I had no idea you had broken your back and had surgery! Wow, I'm
                  glad to hear you're doing well. I had back surgery in '94
                  (lamenectomy for a ruptured disc). It was not fun to recover from
                  for the first few weeks, but after that I was good as gold. I hope
                  you have similar results.

                  I will be recovering – or dealing – with this for the rest of my life – as the vertebra which ‘broke’ was ‘compressed’ (aka ‘crushed’).

                  Eh – could be worse, much worse.  I am blessed J.

                  I have had an herniated disc in my lumbar area since I was 16, and that as well as my C3-C6 discs were damage in the incident.  Generally, I’m simply weaker than I’d like to be now and some days simply walking to shop for groceries can put me down for awhile.  Time with help with this as well as P.T.  I am not complaining.  I am truly blessed.

                  Things with me are well, very well. :)

                  I am very happy to know that Our Lord has kept you well and things are good for you.

                  I'm not currently under contract for a book, but writing is still
                  something I enjoy very much. What are you writing these days?

                  You know, you said it, everyone has a story.  Mine is God’s deliverance from the pit – and it took a lot of years and a lot of stages.  However, I’m writing it in the genre of fiction so it’s wrapped inside a murder mystery.  300 pages or so right now.  It’s intense and what many might call ‘worldly.’  Yet, that’s what I was taken out of.  Its ugliness is not masked nor glorified.  I have a feeling that should it make print I will catch a lot of flak from the Pharisees.

                • Cheryl
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 6, 2005
                    Due date is Thursday.  I have now officially entered pregnancy doldrums, where things need doing but it hurts too much to do it.  So I flop uselessly in my office chair and bark orders at the kids and hubby.

                    Don't resist the urge, Susan.  I need more good blogs to read.

                    Cheryl