RE: [Covenanted Reformation] Just Curious.

  • Maggie
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 2, 2005

      I have three cotton/poly blended T-shirts. I found a verse in my
      reading of Deuteronomy which prohibits the mixing of fabrics.
      Obviously because of the way it symbolises mixing true religion with
      false. Should I throw these shirts out? (I normally wear all cotton
      shirts).

      If you understand that the Scripture symbolizes Syncretism, why would you worry about throwing the shirts out?

      Maggie - Puzzled

    • Tanja Gartner
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 2, 2005
        get serius girl

        Maggie <mmpconley@...> wrote:

        “I have three cotton/poly blended T-shirts. I found a verse in my
        reading of Deuteronomy which prohibits the mixing of fabrics.
        Obviously because of the way it symbolises mixing true religion with
        false. Should I throw these shirts out? (I normally wear all cotton
        shirts).”

        If you understand that the Scripture symbolizes Syncretism, why would you worry about throwing the shirts out?

        Maggie - Puzzled

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Maggie
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 3, 2005

          Please explain your comment?

          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 3, 2005
            you can not compere T shirts with religion

            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 3, 2005
              Hello Fred,
              My Name is Sean Gutridge I am a member of the RPNA The
              same church that Tony Menendez is a Member of but in Southern
              California, USA. I know a Man Who is a very good friend of mine who
              who is a member of the RPNA and he is from Australia who I worship
              with every Lord's Day. If you would like you can E- Mail Him his e-
              mail is ABIGAIL119@... He would love to talk to someone from
              Australia. When he is not talking about the scriptures or having an
              Ice cold one with me All he does is Brag about Australia. I dont know
              if that helps or not. Take Care

              Sean

              --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Fred blahous"
              <fritzbau@y...> wrote:
              > I have three cotton/poly blended T-shirts. I found a verse in my
              > reading of Deuteronomy which prohibits the mixing of fabrics.
              > Obviously because of the way it symbolises mixing true religion
              with
              > false. Should I throw these shirts out? (I normally wear all cotton
              > shirts).
              >
              > Also, I was wondering whether I ought to move to a place that more
              > closely reflects my views than Brisbane city. As a worshipper in
              the
              > Queensland Presbyterian Church, I think I am the only person I know
              > of who believes the original covenants are binding. Dr Lee believes
              > our countries are obliged to write new covenants but does not
              > believe that maintaining the original ones is obligatory today. Nor
              > does he believe that all our British Kingdoms and Dominions
              > including the American Colonies and South West Britian (Eire) are
              > under the sovereignty of the British Crown as originally
              established
              > before Charles II betrayel. Does anyone know of any fellowship in
              > Queensland or other parts of Australia that conform to these
              > principles? Or if not, of anyone I could get in touch with via e-
              > mail here in Australia who holds to the original principles? I am
              > willing to move interstate. Truth be told, I have an itch to find a
              > new place to live anyway, either out of the Great South East or in
              > another state.
              >
              > All the Best,
              > Fred.
            • Martin
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 4, 2005
                Why not?

                Martin

                Tanja Gartner wrote:
                > you can not compere T shirts with religion
                >
                > */Maggie <mmpconley@...>/* wrote:
                >
                > Please explain your comment?

              • Tanja Gartner
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 4, 2005
                  What will you say to Him when he asks you: "What have I got with Tshirts?!"

                  Martin <anonfwrd@...> wrote:
                  Why not?

                  Martin

                  Tanja Gartner wrote:
                  > you can not compere T shirts with religion
                  >
                  > */Maggie /* wrote:
                  >
                  > Please explain your comment?

                  Would you Help a Child in need?
                  It is easier than you think.
                  Click Here to meet a Child you can help.
                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/sTR6_D/I_qJAA/i1hLAA/GuTslB/TM

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  Yahoo! Mail