Just Curious.

  • Fred blahous
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2005
      I have three cotton/poly blended T-shirts. I found a verse in my
      reading of Deuteronomy which prohibits the mixing of fabrics.
      Obviously because of the way it symbolises mixing true religion with
      false. Should I throw these shirts out? (I normally wear all cotton
      shirts).

      Also, I was wondering whether I ought to move to a place that more
      closely reflects my views than Brisbane city. As a worshipper in the
      Queensland Presbyterian Church, I think I am the only person I know
      of who believes the original covenants are binding. Dr Lee believes
      our countries are obliged to write new covenants but does not
      believe that maintaining the original ones is obligatory today. Nor
      does he believe that all our British Kingdoms and Dominions
      including the American Colonies and South West Britian (Eire) are
      under the sovereignty of the British Crown as originally established
      before Charles II betrayel. Does anyone know of any fellowship in
      Queensland or other parts of Australia that conform to these
      principles? Or if not, of anyone I could get in touch with via e-
      mail here in Australia who holds to the original principles? I am
      willing to move interstate. Truth be told, I have an itch to find a
      new place to live anyway, either out of the Great South East or in
      another state.

      All the Best,
      Fred.
    • Antonio Menendez
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2005
        There was once an aussie that lived in Australia that held strongly to covenanter convictions. He has now moved away from that country. He is now somewhere in the west. And still holding fast to our covenanted heritage.

        Fred blahous <fritzbau@...> wrote:
[...]

        Discover Yahoo!
      • Maggie
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 2, 2005

          I have three cotton/poly blended T-shirts. I found a verse in my
          reading of Deuteronomy which prohibits the mixing of fabrics.
          Obviously because of the way it symbolises mixing true religion with
          false. Should I throw these shirts out? (I normally wear all cotton
          shirts).

          If you understand that the Scripture symbolizes Syncretism, why would you worry about throwing the shirts out?

          Maggie - Puzzled

        • Tanja Gartner
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 2, 2005
            get serius girl

            Maggie <mmpconley@...> wrote:

            “I have three cotton/poly blended T-shirts. I found a verse in my
            reading of Deuteronomy which prohibits the mixing of fabrics.
            Obviously because of the way it symbolises mixing true religion with
            false. Should I throw these shirts out? (I normally wear all cotton
            shirts).”

            If you understand that the Scripture symbolizes Syncretism, why would you worry about throwing the shirts out?

            Maggie - Puzzled

            http://mail.yahoo.com

          • Maggie
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 3, 2005

              Please explain your comment?

              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 3, 2005
                you can not compere T shirts with religion

                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 3, 2005
                  Hello Fred,
                  My Name is Sean Gutridge I am a member of the RPNA The
                  same church that Tony Menendez is a Member of but in Southern
                  California, USA. I know a Man Who is a very good friend of mine who
                  who is a member of the RPNA and he is from Australia who I worship
                  with every Lord's Day. If you would like you can E- Mail Him his e-
                  mail is ABIGAIL119@... He would love to talk to someone from
                  Australia. When he is not talking about the scriptures or having an
                  Ice cold one with me All he does is Brag about Australia. I dont know
                  if that helps or not. Take Care

                  Sean

                  --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Fred blahous"
                  <fritzbau@y...> wrote:
                  > I have three cotton/poly blended T-shirts. I found a verse in my
                  > reading of Deuteronomy which prohibits the mixing of fabrics.
                  > Obviously because of the way it symbolises mixing true religion
                  with
                  > false. Should I throw these shirts out? (I normally wear all cotton
                  > shirts).
                  >
                  > Also, I was wondering whether I ought to move to a place that more
                  > closely reflects my views than Brisbane city. As a worshipper in
                  the
                  > Queensland Presbyterian Church, I think I am the only person I know
                  > of who believes the original covenants are binding. Dr Lee believes
                  > our countries are obliged to write new covenants but does not
                  > believe that maintaining the original ones is obligatory today. Nor
                  > does he believe that all our British Kingdoms and Dominions
                  > including the American Colonies and South West Britian (Eire) are
                  > under the sovereignty of the British Crown as originally
                  established
                  > before Charles II betrayel. Does anyone know of any fellowship in
                  > Queensland or other parts of Australia that conform to these
                  > principles? Or if not, of anyone I could get in touch with via e-
                  > mail here in Australia who holds to the original principles? I am
                  > willing to move interstate. Truth be told, I have an itch to find a
                  > new place to live anyway, either out of the Great South East or in
                  > another state.
                  >
                  > All the Best,
                  > Fred.
                • Martin
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 4, 2005
                    Why not?

                    Martin

                    Tanja Gartner wrote:
                    > you can not compere T shirts with religion
                    >
                    > */Maggie <mmpconley@...>/* wrote:
                    >
                    > Please explain your comment?

                  • Tanja Gartner
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 4, 2005
                      What will you say to Him when he asks you: "What have I got with Tshirts?!"

                      Martin <anonfwrd@...> wrote:
                      Why not?

                      Martin

                      Tanja Gartner wrote:
                      > you can not compere T shirts with religion
                      >
                      > */Maggie /* wrote:
                      >
                      > Please explain your comment?

                      Would you Help a Child in need?
                      It is easier than you think.
                      Click Here to meet a Child you can help.
                      http://us.click.yahoo.com/sTR6_D/I_qJAA/i1hLAA/GuTslB/TM

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                      Yahoo! Mail