Re: [Covenanted Reformation] "The Mormons' and JW's Miracle" by Joseph Y. Lee

  • Whit
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2005
      Speaking of Jehovah's Witnesses, one dropped by my home unannounced
      Saturday morning. Their initial introduction was about going
      through the loss of a loved one and being nice to see them again.
      They then asked "do you believe that we will see them again?". I
      immediately referred to Revelation about the 1st and 2nd
      resurrections in that we will see our Elect loved ones again. Then,
      he transitioned to the 144,000 in Revelation and mentioned some kind
      of new Government where Christ and the chosen/elect 144,000 would be
      co-rulers in this new Government over the righteous. I started to
      confute his heresy from Romans and the Gospels by mentioning that
      the 144,000 are referring to the Jews, the Elect are all those who
      are saved and are not restricted to a certain number (a literal
      144,000 in the JW's case), etc. He seemed to say that only those
      that knowingly commit the more heinous sins (e.g, Hitler, Hussein,
      etc.) are the unrighteous, and the rest of humanity are the
      righteous (though not necessarily of the 144,000 "elect"). His
      heretical belief sounded similar to the Papist heresy of Invincible
      Ignorance (that a person who does not have faith in Christ can still
      be saved through good works). So, I questioned him, "according to
      your belief, is it possible to be counted among the righteous even
      though the person may not have saving faith in Christ?" He then hum
      and hawed around it. So, I pointed him to the verse "Without faith
      it is impossible to please God." He then mentioned the "injustice"
      of God regarding the reprobate to which I referred him to Romans 9
      and explained that God is indeed Just regarding the Reprobate.
      Anyway, I made it clear who I was and maintained my strong testimony
      for the true Christian religion throughout the discussion.
      Afterwards, I prayed that his efforts (and all the JW's) be thwarted
      and that God would save his soul.

      Whit

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, personalwg@c...
      wrote:
      > Hi Joseph,
      >
      > Although it is wonderful that you are seriously desirous of
      witnessing
      > to the lost, I might also suggest that you help the existing
      church
      > reform her Sabbath violations and her unfaithful Worship of God.
      If you
      > could provide a powerful testimony against the "Christian"
      churches for
      > their blatant disregard for the Sabbath and Worship of God, I
      suspect
      > the Mormon's and Jehovah Witnesses growth will likely stop soon
      thereafter.

      > How does your church Worship and honor the Sabbath?
      >
      > For the cause of Christ,
      > Walt.
      >
      > josephylee@a... wrote:
      >
      > > The Mormon’s and Jehovah’s Witnesses’ Miracle
      > > By Joseph Yosuk Lee
      > >
      > > What has the church forgotten to evangelize? When I was young
      the
      > > only evangelism that was happening in our neighborhood was that
      of
      > > Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses. No evangelical Christian ever
      > > came to our house. In fact, growing up I never met a single
      > > believer who shared his faith in Jesus Christ with me or my
      > > family except for my high school friend Chris Keever. But all
      > > it takes is one.
      > >
      > > Let me tell you who are the most abnormal people in America.
      > > They are the Jehovah's Witnesses and the Mormons. They knock
      > > on the doors and share their faith even though their doctrines
      > > are totally incorrect. According to the statistics made by the
      > > Mormons, they claimed that there were four million Mormons in
      1978
      > > and that there were seven million Mormons in 1989. That is a
      growth
      > > of three million Mormons in ten years. At that rate, there will
      be
      > > 265 million Mormons by the year 2080 throughout the entire world.
      > >
      > > The Jehovah's Witnesses are very actively evangelizing in this
      > > country. And they are finding success. David Reed, a Christian,
      > > who was a former Jehovah's Witness Elder, once said that over
      700,000
      > > Jehovah's Witnesses now devote more than 150 million man?hours
      annually
      > > to spreading their counterfeit gospel in the United States
      alone.
      > > I have been criticized by some believers that my methods of
      evangelism
      > > are not effective. But, while they criticize my efforts and are
      not
      > > united in their efforts to evangelize in the United States, the
      JW
      > > organization grow at exponential rates. According to the
      statistics
      > > offered by David Reed, in 1958 the Jehovah's Witness organization
      > > reported 798,326 distributing literature while in 1985, over 3
      million
      > > JW's distribute their literature. That is about quadruple
      growth rates
      > > of JW's in the past 30 years.
      > >
      > > Although Campus Crusade for Christ and the Korean-American
      Campus
      > > Missions
      > > are both active compared to the average Christian church in the
      United
      > > States, unfortunately, they are outmanned by the Jehovah's
      Witnesses and