Impe moves to Rome!!!

  • Theodore Letis
    Message 1 of 18 , May 4, 2005
      Friends--

      I have been predicting this for sometime now. We are on the verge of teh greatest apostacy in Christian history...

      PLEASE, THOSE ON THIS LIST, PLEASE WRITE ME BACK PERSONALLY AND RESPOND TO THIS. I MUST HEAR FROM YOU ABOUT THIS...

      Theodore P. Letis

      Jack Van Impe and wife Rexella have decided to apostatize to Roman Catholicism. The details are here:

      April 16 Program

      April 23 Program

      The Institute
      for Renaissance
      and Reformation
      Biblical Studies
      P.O. Box 870525
      Stone Mountain, Georgia 30087
      www.thetext.org

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
      Message 2 of 18 , May 4, 2005
        So Jack Van Impe went Papists? I never really saw him as a leader
        in Christiandom anymore than Benny Hinn and the rest of the blab it
        and grab it group. Most of the Pentecostal group lean towards
        occultic mysticism...a la syncreticism with magic like papists do
        with their incantations with bread and wine. Jack Impe is no
        different. Now, if you brought up a more credile Christian leader
        as apostazing, then I would be amazed, but Impe, naw no surprise...

        Denominationalism as it is is a form of apostacy as those who
        don't adhere to the one true Reformed Faith are in actuallity
        following their own lusts, especially when denominationalism is NO
        WHERE sanction by the Word of God, including the denominations
        called: non-denominations, therefore not following the Word of God
        in keep points such as DOCTRINE, WORSHIP, PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
        GOVERNMENT, and DISCIPLINE, is apostacy.

        THE WORD OF GOD is to GOVERN all AREAS of LIFE and PRACTICE of the
        CHRISTIAN, whether as individuals or as the church.

        For One Faith,
        Edgar Ibarra
        Albany, NY
        RPNA (www.reformedpresbytery.com)

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Theodore Letis
        <bucerian@y...> wrote:
        > Friends--
        >
        > I have been predicting this for sometime now. We are on the verge
        of teh greatest apostacy in Christian history...

        > PLEASE, THOSE ON THIS LIST, PLEASE WRITE ME BACK PERSONALLY AND
        RESPOND TO THIS. I MUST HEAR FROM YOU ABOUT THIS...

        > Theodore P. Letis
        >
        > Jack Van Impe and wife Rexella have decided to apostatize to Roman
        Catholicism. The details are here:

        > April 16 Program
        >
        > April 23 Program
        >

        > The Institute
        > for Renaissance
        > and Reformation
        > Biblical Studies
        > P.O. Box 870525
        > Stone Mountain, Georgia 30087
        > www.thetext.org

        > http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Dan Fraas
        Message 3 of 18 , May 5, 2005
          Impe always was a nut, but I wouldn't be surprised if we see more of
          this. It would not be wise to write off the "pentecostals". Their
          defection would indeed signal a great apostasy. The
          Pentecostal/Charismatic movement, *if* it's not already larger than
          the "evangelical" crowd in the U. S. (and I'm not sure about that) is
          out-growing them by leaps and bounds. Worldwide it's got to be the
          biggest group after Romanists and Eastern Orthodox.

          Riley

        • jparnellm@usxchange.net
          Message 4 of 18 , May 6, 2005
            Question for clarification to Dr. Letis and those on this list: is Impe saying
            he is joining the RCC, or is he saying that Protestants and Roman Catholics
            should unite, or ...?

            Of course, whichever of these he is saying is wrong and terrible, but I just
            want to make sure I correctly understand where Impe is going with this based
            upon what he has thus far explicitly said and what he has actually done.

            Thanks for your assistance.

            - Parnell McCarter

            Message 5 of 18 , May 6, 2005
              I watched a portion of the first video, and all of the second one. He
              cries down Ian Paisely as a bigot against "our Catholic brothers and
              sisters," he opens up the Roman Catholic Catechism and reads it to us,
              he says "The Roman Catholic Church is a theocracy, ruled by God.," and
              he removes all of the reasons why the Protestant Reformers left Rome by
              reducing true Christiainity to five fundamentals (diety of Christ, the
              virgin birth, the blood atonement, the bodily resurrection, , and the
              2nd coming), the presence of these five points forbids Christians from
              separating from other Christians. On the April 30th broadcast, he says
              that Christianity started with the Roman Catholic Church, and that the
              30,000+ Protestantant denominations ought not to be and are causing a
              mess. He defends the recently dead Pope, and the new one. Much of this
              sounded to me like the typical junk I've heard from new Romanists who
              are not yet admitting they are Romanists (think now, you've seen them
              post in this group!).

              Yet, I did not hear him announce that he has joined the RCC.

              gmw.

              susanandcrew wrote:

              > Mr. Letis,
              >
              > Can you explain what you mean when you say that the Impe's have
              > decided to apostatize to Roman Catholicism? Do you mean by this that
              > they are actually calling themselves RC's now and attending mass or
              > perhaps that they are/were defending the popes John Paul II and
              > Benedict the XI as good men?
              >
              > Thank you for any clarification you can offer.
              >
              > Susan
              >

              > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Theodore Letis
              > <bucerian@y...> wrote:
              > > Friends--
              > >
              > > I have been predicting this for sometime now. We are on the verge
              > of teh greatest apostacy in Christian history...
              > >
              > > PLEASE, THOSE ON THIS LIST, PLEASE WRITE ME BACK PERSONALLY AND
              > RESPOND TO THIS. I MUST HEAR FROM YOU ABOUT THIS...
              > >
              > > Theodore P. Letis
              > >
              > > Jack Van Impe and wife Rexella have decided to apostatize to Roman
              > Catholicism. The details are here:
              > >
              > > April 16 Program
              > >
              > > April 23 Program
              > >

              > > The Institute
              > > for Renaissance
              > > and Reformation
              > > Biblical Studies
              > > P.O. Box 870525
              > > Stone Mountain, Georgia 30087
              > > www.thetext.org

            • Jason Robert Schuiling
              Message 6 of 18 , May 7, 2005
                Susan,
                From what I have seen in the past and from those latest video clips
                I would say that you are correct with the excepting that he seems to
                have recently become (since JPII passing) particularly enamored with
                Romanism. He quotes Romanist authors and theologians extensively to
                support his eschatological opinion, even to the point of accepting
                certain prophetic utterances as semi-authoritative, particularly the
                notion that the final pope will be the premillenial Antichrist. Impe
                has been bad in the past, characteristically demonstrating a
                superficial sincerity and a complete bastardization of scripture, he
                definitely seems to have upped the ante by appealing to mother Rome.
                He seems stupidly tickled to think that Popery would give support to
                his wild dispensationalist headline eschatology. Perhaps he would
                think better of such nonsense if he were aware that his futurist e-
                scat-ology was invented by the Pope's assassins to obscure the clear
                Protestant interpretation of the Papal Antichrist.

                --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "susanandcrew"
                <gpyp@p...> wrote:
                > Thanks, gmw. I watched the vdo's too, but fast forwarded through
                > small sections (esp. the obnoxious adverts about that obnoxious
                tape
                > their peddling, oh, and that last bit where he always
                begin, "ohhhh,
                > look at me..." That creeps me out). I wanted to make sure I didn't
                > miss something crucial like them announcing their new status as
                > RC's. I guess I did miss something though--I missed the Ian
                Paisley
> [...]
                > > > decided to apostatize to Roman Catholicism? Do you mean by
                this
                > that
                > > > they are actually calling themselves RC's now and attending
                mass
                > or
                > > > perhaps that they are/were defending the popes John Paul II and
                > > > Benedict the XI as good men?
                > > >
                > > > Thank you for any clarification you can offer.
                > > >
                > > > Susan
                > > >

                > > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Theodore

                > verge
                > > > of teh greatest apostacy in Christian history...

                AND
                > > > RESPOND TO THIS. I MUST HEAR FROM YOU ABOUT THIS...

                > Roman
                > > > Catholicism. The details are here:

                > > > <mailto:covenantedreformationclub-
                > > >
                > > > * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms

              • keith dotzler
                Message 7 of 18 , May 7, 2005

                  Well said Jason!

                  I wonder if Van Impe would lend credence to the following eschatological opinions:

                  "The king of pride is even at hand; and an army of priests is prepared; which is a wicked or horrible thing to be spoken of."

                  "I speak it boldly, whosoever calleth himself the universal priest, or so desireth so to be called, in the pride of his heart he is the forerunner of antichrist."

                  Guess who spoke those words?  Pope Gregory I. (6th century)!

                  I wonder if Van Impe is also aware of the fact that, prior to the 5th Lateran Council (1215) - wherein the Pope forbade any and all speculation as to the identity of the Antichrist - even some of the church of Rome's own priests (along with all of the pre-Reformation Christians) had begun identifying her as the harlot, her head the Antichrist?

                  I wonder if Van Impe is also aware of the fact that the New Catholic Encyclopedia ADMITS that Futurism (belief in a future, unknowable antichrist) originated with the Jesuit Ribera?

                  "The originator of this interpretation [i.e., Futurism] was Francisco de Ribera, whose commentary appeared in 1591.....Ribera held that the first five seals [of the Apocalypse] refer to the primitive Church down to the reign of Trajan. The last seals and the rest of the book have to do with the end-time."

                  So.......why isn't Van Impe listening to the above Romanist "authors and theologians?"  Because he, like Billy Graham before him, has been sent strong delusion by the Lord, that he should believe a lie; namely, that the Antichrist is not the man of sin, but a man of God.

                  Keith

                  <gpyp@p...> wrote:
> [...]
                  > > > decided to apostatize to Roman Catholicism? Do you mean by
                  this
                  > that
                  > > > they are actually calling themselves RC's now and attending
                  mass
                  > or
                  > > > perhaps that they are/were defending the popes John Paul II and
                  > > > Benedict the XI as good men?
                  > > >
                  > > > Thank you for any clarification you can offer.
                  > > >
                  > > > Susan
                  > > >

                  > > > --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Theodore

                  > verge
                  > > > of teh greatest apostacy in Christian history...

                  AND
                  > > > RESPOND TO THIS. I MUST HEAR FROM YOU ABOUT THIS...

                  > Roman
                  > > > Catholicism. The details are here:

                  > > >       <mailto:covenantedreformationclub-
                  > > >
                  > > >     * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms

                • Theodore Letis
                  Message 8 of 18 , May 7, 2005
                    Jack was born into Roman Catholicism, left it, was a student at Bob Jones University, and now has returned to it. Hope you were able to link to the two programs I listed in the e-mail I sent.

                    Theodore P. Letis

                    <bucerian@y...> wrote:
                    > Friends--

                    > I have been predicting this for sometime now. We are on the verge
                    of teh greatest apostacy in Christian history...

                    > PLEASE, THOSE ON THIS LIST, PLEASE WRITE ME BACK PERSONALLY AND
                    RESPOND TO THIS. I MUST HEAR FROM YOU ABOUT THIS...

                    > Theodore P. Letis

                    > Jack Van Impe and wife Rexella have decided to apostatize to Roman
                    Catholicism. The details are here:

                    > April 16 Program
                    >
                    > April 23 Program
                    >

                    > The Institute
                    > for Renaissance
                    > and Reformation
                    > Biblical Studies
                    > P.O. Box 870525
                    > Stone Mountain, Georgia 30087
                    > www.thetext.org

                    http://mail.yahoo.com

                  • Glenn Ferrell

                      Message 10 of 18 , May 7, 2005
                        The Waldenses, Albigenses, Henricians, Arnoldistae, Paulicians,
                        Lollards, et. al.

                        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn Ferrell"
                        <jglennferrell@m...> wrote:
                        > An interesting post Keith. Whom do you intend as the pre-
                        Reformation Christians?
                      • J. Parnell McCarter
                        Message 11 of 18 , May 7, 2005

                          One thing I should add to my previous post is that I do agree with Dr Letis' thesis that there will in the coming years a great movement of many "Protestants" into Rome .  It can happen among conservatives for purposes of helping to achieve some political objective (overturn Roe v Wade, set up a Christian state, resurrect the Old South, etc.)

                          Such ill-founded political alliance is the fatal flaw in the Republican Party, the Constitution Party, the League of the South, etc.

                          - Parnell McCarter

                          www.puritans.net

                        • Glenn Ferrell
                          Message 12 of 18 , May 7, 2005
                            Did they all maintain the pope was the Antichrist?

                            Not questioning the truth of this.  Before I pass on such claims, I'd like to be able to document the facts.

                            Glenn

                            http://us.click.yahoo.com/hjtSRD/3MnJAA/i1hLAA/GuTslB/TM

                            Message 13 of 18 , May 7, 2005
                              They certainly did.

                              Lollard testimony:

                              "Now, by the one authority of God, and one accordance of his holy saints, follows an open conclusion firmly grounded in true belief, that in the court of Rome is the head of antichrist, and in prelates is the body of antichrist, but in those [ragged] sects, as monks, canons, and friars is the venomous tail of antichrist."  (Writings and Examinations of Brute, Thorpe, Cobham, Hilton, Pecock, Bilney, and Others; With The Lantern of Light; 1842).  ***the writings and proclamations of those men are also found in Foxe's Acts and Monuments.

                              "If the high bishop of Rome, calling himself the servant of the servants of God, and the chief vicar of Christ in this world, do make and maintain many laws contrary to the gospel of Jesus Christ, then he is of those that have come In Christ's name, saying, I am Christ, and have seduced many a one, by the testimony of our Saviour in Matt. 24;  [The pope is also] the idol of desolation sitting in the temple of God, taking away from [the Lord] the continual sacrifice for a time, times, and half a time, which idol must be revealed to the Christian people, by the testimony of Daniel, whereof Christ speaketh in the gospel: 'When ye see the abomination of desolation that was told of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place, let him that readeth understand.'.....Furthermore, [the pope] is the 'Idol shepherd, forsaking his flock, having a sword on his arm, and another sword in his right eye,' and who, 'sitting in the temple of God, doth advance himself above all that is called God, or whatsoever is worshipped', by the testimony of Paul to the Thessalonians, second epistle, chapter 2: 'And in the defection or falling away shall the Man of Sin be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus shall slay with the breath of his mouth.' He is also besides, 'the beast ascending up out of the earth, having two horns like unto a lamb, but he speaketh like a dragon; and is 'the cruel beast ascending up out of the sea whose power shall continue forty two months.' 'And he compelled small and great, rich and poor, freemen and bondslaves, to worship the beast, and to take his mark in their forehead or in their hands. And thus, by the testimony of all these places [in Scripture], he is the chief Antichrist upon the earth, and must be slain with the sword of God's word, and cast, with the dragon, the cruet beast, and the false prophet that hath seduced the earth, into the lake of fire and brimstone to be tormented world without end.

                              "If the city of Rome do allow his [i.e. the pope's] traditions, and do disallow Christ�s holy commandments and Christ�s doctrine, that it may confirm his traditions, then is she 'Babylon the great,' or 'the daughter of Babylon,' and 'the great whore sitting upon many waters,� with whom 'the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth are become drunken with the wine of her harlotry,' lying open to lewdness; with whose spiritual whoredom, enchantments, witchcrafts, and Simon Magus merchandises, the whole round world is infected and seduced; saying in her heart, �I sit as a queen, and widow I am not, neither shall I see sorrow and mourning.�  Yet is she ignorant that within a little while shall come the day of her destruction and ruin by the testimony of Revelation 17..." (Foxe citing Lollard Walter Brute, Acts and Monuments, Vol. 3, Ages Software)

                              In the 13th century, Almeric and his disciples identified the Pope as the Antichrist, as did Franciscan Spiritual Jean Pierre d'Olive, who also declared the Church of Rome to be the Whore of Babylon (see Elliott, Horae Apocalypticae, IV:417-18).

                              Also see the Waldensian Treatise on Antichrist (12th century): http://thebeastunmasked.com/waldenses/treatise.htm

                              The irony in all of this, is that the very scholars who spend their time in European archives translating Inquisitional records into English, tell us exactly what the so-called "heretics" like the Petrobrussians, Arnoldistae, and the others I mentioned believed during the dark ages.

                              Wakefield and Evan's Heresies of the High Middle Ages is one such work.

                              Keith

                              Message 14 of 18 , May 8, 2005

                                More on the pre-Reformation witnesses against the Papal Antichrist:

                                First Almeric and his disciples (teachers alluded to, I see, by Thomas Aquinas) declared that Rome was Babylon, and the Roman Pope Antichrist. At the same time they proclaimed, agreeably with the predictions of Joachim, that the Third Age, the Age of the Holy Spirit, a time of light and reformation, had even then begun to dawn with the opening of the new xiiith century: the rumor being also widely and influentially circulated by them, that the Franciscans, in their revival of preaching, were the fulfillment of the prefigurative Apocalyptic vision of the Angel flying abroad with the everlasting gospel, to preach to every nation under heaven. Then, a few years later, Jean Pierre d�Olive, another professed follower of Joachim, and leader in Languedoc of the austerer and more spiritual section of the recently-formed Franciscan body, in a Work entitled Postils on the Apocalypse, affirmed that �the Church of Rome was the Whore of Babylon, the Mother of Harlots, the same that St. John beheld sitting upon a scarlet-colored Beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns:� and the chief and proper Antichrist a pseudo-Pope: also, very remarkably, that some reformation, with fuller effusion of gospel light, might probably be expected prior to Rome�s final predicted destruction; in order that, through its rejection of that light, of God�s destruction of it might be the rather justified before the world.

                                The same view of Papal Rome was echoed by not a few other profest Romanists. And so, however inconsistent these its propagators, it traveled down through the xiiith century; to be stereotyped in the xivth for all literary posterity, in Dante�s Inferno, and the Epistles of Petrarch. Moreover, near about the same time with Pierre d�Olive, by another professedly Romanist expositor, the usual strange oversight as to the predicted disruption of the old Roman empire into ten kingdoms having long before taken place was in a certain manner corrected. I allude to Eberhard, Bishop of Salzburg: who, in the Council of Ratisbon, held A.D. 1240, while declaring that the Popes under a shepherd�s skin concealed the wolf, and that Hildebrand, 170 years, before, had laid the foundations of the Babylonian Empire of Antichrist, - declared also that the old Roman Empire had been long taken away from the earth, according to St. Paul�s prophecy, the new Western Empire being but a name and shadow: and that there had risen in its place ten horns, Ture�, Gr�ci, �gyptii, Afri, Hispani, Galli, Angli, Germani, Siculi, Itali;� and among, and over them, the Pontifical little horn, having eyes and speaking great things.� Further, a century or so later, another expositor, Oremius, in a Treatise about Antichrist, suggested with reference to �the great city� of the death of the Witnesses, �spiritually called Sodom and Egypt,� that, though more probably Jerusalem, yet it might also very possibly be Papal Rome; and, as to the place of Antichrist�s birth, that although Babylon, yet this might be Babylon in its figurative sense of Rome.

                                4. Meanwhile, in a different and purer channel, - I mean among the Waldensian Schismatics, or rather Waldensian Witnesses for Christ, - the same idea, quite independently taken up, was never thenceforth forgotten; and was thus transmitted downwards by them to the Wicliffites and Hussites of the xivth and xvth centuries. Already before Joachim had published his Apocalyptic Book, as it would seem, the Waldenses in their Noble Lesson had hinted that whereas the Antichrist was to come, �even then there were many Antichrists;� meaning, but as opposers of Christ. In 1207 we find the Waldensian Arnold asserting and defending in a public disputation at Carcassonne, the proposition that Rome was the Babylon and Harlot of the Apocalypse. About A.D. 1250 Reinerius tells us that this representation of Papal Rome, and of the Pope being the head of all errors, was one of the Waldensian heresies: and somewhat later, perhaps a century or more later, the whole theory is developed in their treatise on Antichrist. (Elliott, Horae, IV:427-31)

                                ***Elliott footnotes the citations from all the men mentioned above.***

                                Message 15 of 18 , May 8, 2005
                                  "About A.D. 1250 Reinerius tells us that this representation of Papal Rome, and of the Pope being the head of all errors, was one of the Waldensian heresies:"

                                  BTW, Reinerius (13th century) is one of several Inquisitors mentioned in Wakefield and Evans' Heresies of the High Middle Ages.

                                  Reinerius' reports to the Inquisition, entitled, Of the Sects of Modern Heretics, found in S. R. Maitland's Facts and Documents Illustrative of the History, Doctrine, and Rites of the Ancient Albigenses and Waldenses (London, 1832),  reveal exactly what the Waldenses, the Cathari, and other "heretics" believed about Popery, prior to the Reformation.

                                  Let no one ever tell you that the identification of the Pope of Rome as the Antichrist originated with, or was the "protestant bias" of, Martin Luther!

                                  Wycliffe, Huss, Savonarola and Jerome of Prague are other witnesses against the Papal Antichrist...all before Luther's time.

                                  Keith

                                  Message 16 of 18 , May 8, 2005
                                    Parnell, I agree also with what you have said and spoke about exactly this theme at a PCA Church this very day. Bill O Reilly (a Roman Catholic), Sean Hannity (a Roman Catholic) and Fox News, owned and operated by "Knight of Malta" Roman Catholic Rupert Murdoch, are taking the American Evangelical Community right into the heart of Rome based on these moral social issues. It is like watching lambs to the slaughter. Breath-takingly unbelievable. And the pace at which it is happening is absolutely frightful...

                                    Theodore P. Letis

                                    "J. Parnell McCarter" <jparnellm@...> wrote:

                                    One thing I should add to my previous post is that I do agree with Dr Letis' thesis that there will in the coming years a great movement of many "Protestants" into Rome .  It can happen among conservatives for purposes of helping to achieve some political objective (overturn Roe v Wade, set up a Christian state, resurrect the Old South, etc.)

                                    Such ill-founded political alliance is the fatal flaw in the Republican Party, the Constitution Party, the League of the South, etc.

                                    - Parnell McCarter

                                    www.puritans.net

                                    Yahoo! Mail Mobile
                                  • Theodore Letis

                                      <jglennferrell@m...> wrote:
                                      > An interesting post Keith.  Whom do you intend as the pre-
                                      Reformation Christians?

                                      http://us.click.yahoo.com/hjtSRD/3MnJAA/i1hLAA/GuTslB/TM

                                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                      Discover Yahoo!

                                    • Fred blahous
                                      Message 18 of 18 , May 17, 2005
                                        This does not surprise me. He was always inclined to the charismatic
                                        viewpoint, and this philosophy is too close to the "long night of
                                        the soul" of ancient monks for comfort. It is my belief that the
                                        whole Pentecostal/Charismatic show was guilded by Jesuits to de-
                                        Christianise Protestant churches by infecting them with Popish
                                        ideas. We see the modus operandi at work in that they are quite
                                        critical of Rome to begin with, whilst seeking to sever the people's
                                        ties to traditional opponants of Rome (conservative protestant
                                        bodies) at the same time. As they "mature", they become more lenient
                                        towards the beast, until eventually, you end up with Billy Graham.
                                        He started out as a very conservative Fundamental preacher, just
                                        like Robertson, Fallwell, Roberts, et al. Impe is just the latest in
                                        a long line of "back to Rome" apostates.