establishment principle

  • rdenerley
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2005
      How would a nation go about enforcing the first commandment?
      Ryan Denerley
    • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 25, 2005
        By swearing to uphold the National Covenant and the Solemn League &
        Covenant and therefore establish this as law and begin to extirpate
        all contrary religions and false doctrines like Independancy,
        Prelacy, Popery, Erastianism, Arminianism, Pentecostalism, Islam,
        Buddism and etc.

        Establishing and recognizing only one true religion: Biblical
        Presbyterianism: in doctrine, worship, ecclesiastical government, &
        discipline as we have seen attained in the Covenanted Reformation
        between 1638-1649 inclusive in the Church of Scotland. Having the
        State recognize and protect the same as Isaiah states that the
        nation shall be a nursing father to the Church.

        That in a nut shell without all the run around.

        Briefly,

        Edgar

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, rdenerley
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > How would a nation go about enforcing the first commandment?
        > Ryan Denerley
      • jmcovenanter
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 26, 2005
          Good question. If I may add to it, how does one practically enforce
          the NC and the SL&C? In other words, when a church is established,
          hopefully the right church, what happens to others not associated with
          the established one? Does it then become illegal to attend a
          Pentecostal church? Are Muslims thrown in jail? Or does it mean that
          there are less privileges given to the non-established churches? Any
          information would be great, as well as any links to information
          dealing with this.

          JM