OF SANTIFICATION?

  • sn_phillip
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25 1:41 PM
      I wanted to ask what anyone thought about the subject of Sanctification?

      Some of the reasons that I ask has to do with a dicussion I had with a
      friend about this topic.

      My friend and I were speaking about Sanctification and I read some
      passages from Berkof's Systematic Theology where Berkof speaks of man
      co- operating with God in Sanctification. I had also brought up to him
      that Robert Shaw in his exposition of the Westminster Confession on
      Sanctification calls sanctification both a Privilege and a Duty and WGT
      Shedd calls Sanctification a Grace and a Duty in his Domatic
      Theology.When I brought this up to my friend he explained to me that
      this was POPISH and ROMISH.

      Now I wanted to ask if someone or anyone knows about this and if these
      men are wrong and if they are please explain to me their error.

      Thank you