Re: Half Mast for the Pope

  • Whit
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2005
      The US President via 4/Apr/05 Proclamation ordered the flags at half-
      staff. That order and the resulting sight of half-staffed flags
      offended me to say the least. However, the US honoring AntiChrist by
      half-staffing the flags brings further light to Scripture below the
      Proclamation URL. It is no better than the US hypothetically honoring
      Hitler by half-staffing the flag for Hitler's death.

      The Proclamation:
      http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/04/20050402-3.html

      "And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his
      deadly wound was healed: and ALL THE WORLD WONDERED AFTER THE BEAST.
      AND THEY WORSHIPPED THE DRAGON WHICH GAVE POWER UNTO THE BEAST: AND
      THEY WORSHIPPED THE BEAST, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is
      able to make war with him?" Rev. 13:3-4

      "WITH WHOM THE KINGS OF THE EARTH HAVE COMMITED FORNICATION, AND THE
      INHABITANTS OF THE EARTH HAVE BEEN MADE DRUNK WITH THE WINE OF HER
      FORNICATION. So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness:
      and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of
      blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. And the woman was arrayed
      in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones
      and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and
      filthiness of her fornication: And upon her forehead was a name
      written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND
      ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. And I saw the woman drunken with the blood
      of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I
      saw her, I wondered with great admiration." Rev. 17:2-6

      Whit

      --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn Ferrell"
      <jglennferrell@m...> wrote:
      > Was at the U. S. Post Office in Meridian, Idaho, this morning and
      found the U. S. flag flying half mast.

      > I asked, "Why?"
      >
      > "For the Pope!"
      >
      > I am amazed the U. S. Postal Service, and perhaps other government
      and semi-governmental agencies are doing this.