Half Mast for the Pope

  • Glenn Ferrell
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2005
      Was at the U. S. Post Office in Meridian, Idaho, this morning and found the U. S. flag flying half mast.

      I asked, "Why?"

      "For the Pope!"

      I am amazed the U. S. Postal Service, and perhaps other government and semi-governmental agencies are doing this.

      Will they do the same when Billy Graham dies?

      How about the President and Prophet of the Mormon Church?

      Glenn Ferrell
    • Whit
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2005
        The US President via 4/Apr/05 Proclamation ordered the flags at half-
        staff. That order and the resulting sight of half-staffed flags
        offended me to say the least. However, the US honoring AntiChrist by
        half-staffing the flags brings further light to Scripture below the
        Proclamation URL. It is no better than the US hypothetically honoring
        Hitler by half-staffing the flag for Hitler's death.

        The Proclamation:
        http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/04/20050402-3.html

        "And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his
        deadly wound was healed: and ALL THE WORLD WONDERED AFTER THE BEAST.
        AND THEY WORSHIPPED THE DRAGON WHICH GAVE POWER UNTO THE BEAST: AND
        THEY WORSHIPPED THE BEAST, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is
        able to make war with him?" Rev. 13:3-4

        "WITH WHOM THE KINGS OF THE EARTH HAVE COMMITED FORNICATION, AND THE
        INHABITANTS OF THE EARTH HAVE BEEN MADE DRUNK WITH THE WINE OF HER
        FORNICATION. So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness:
        and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of
        blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. And the woman was arrayed
        in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones
        and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and
        filthiness of her fornication: And upon her forehead was a name
        written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND
        ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. And I saw the woman drunken with the blood
        of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I
        saw her, I wondered with great admiration." Rev. 17:2-6

        Whit

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn Ferrell"