History Blurb

  • Maggie
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 25, 2005

      I receive a “this day in history” type thing daily through email.

      Today, of note and possible interest is the anniversary of the crowning of Robert I, the Bruce, crowned this day at Scone in 1306, who is credited with freeing his country from English rule, winning the decisive Battle of Bannockburn (1314) and confirming Scottish independence in the Treaty of Northampton (1328).

      Now, I have found that the most people know about this period of history comes from the movie Braveheart.

      What brave historians (armchair or otherwise) can fill me in regarding this period through the Reformation – in short.

      I have plenty of reading material on this topic, but my time is full with research projects.

      Anybody up for the fast track/crib note version?