"Eric Liddell" by Joseph Y. Lee

  • josephylee@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2005
      Eric Liddell
      By Joseph Yosuk Lee

      My favorite hero besides our Lord Jesus Christ is Eric Liddell.
      Eric Liddell was a devoted Christian from Scotland. He was a
      living proof that Christians are not losers. He is the character
      portrayed in the movie "Chariots of Fire." During his participation
      in the 1924 Paris Olympics, he refused to run on Sunday and
      risked national disgrace. A fellow teammate was aware of Eric's
      dilemma and decided to let Eric run in his place in the 400
      meter run. His friend had already won a medal and decided to let
      Liddell run for him. The Olympic Committee had allowed Eric to
      compete in the 400 meter race in which he won the Gold medal.
      What I really admire about Eric Liddell is not the fact that
      he won a gold medal in the Olympics. I admire him for losing
      his life while serving as a missionary to China.

      Copyright - CHEMISTRY (CHristian E-mail MIniSTRY)
      E-mail: JosephYLee@..., Website: http://www.josephylee.org/