Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Digest Number 1008

  • Irene Flewelling
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2005

      Hi Jer,

          No... I don't think so.  If I walk past someone in a grocery store and they have one or two small, visible tattoos, I don't feel the inclination to gape with my mouth open :D  I might, however, if they had tattoos all over their arms.  Culture makes a big difference in this question, imho--in the present time, at least in the culture in which I live in, tattoos are not necessarily a statement of anything and don't cause everyone to stare at you.  As for "why else would you get a tattoo?".. maybe just 'cause you think it looks nice? ;)  We choose clothing because it looks nice, but there's a big difference between that, and chosing something that will make everyone stare at you because it's so outlandish or immoderate/immodest in some sense.

      ~~Irene

      Isn't one visible tattoo enough to cause one to stare at you?  I
      mean, if you have artwork on your skin, ain't I supposed to look at
      it?  Why else would you get a tat?

      gmw.

      ~~~~
      I waited for the Lord