Re: Tattoos

  • Irene Flewelling
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2 11:44 AM
      Yeah, I think it's a matter of Christian liberty, but
      also of modesty.. since anything that makes other
      people stare at you because it's so immoderate (for
      instance tattoos all over your arms) is immodest,
      besides which, it doesn't look good :D I think it's
      also probably a large issue of discretion, for
      instance, an unmarried person should consider the fact
      that if they ever get married their body will no
      longer be only their own and they should pretty
      carefully consider a permanent decision that a future
      spouse may have to live with like it or not.. (my Dad
      reminded me I should think about this, even in as
      comparitively a "small" question, in my mind at least,
      as getting my ears pierced)
      Just some thoughts.
      ~~Irene

      How would you all look at this? Is it a case of
      Christian
      liberty (as long as they do it moderately and
      modestly) or is it a
      moral issue and therefore sinful or not?

      =====
      ~~~~
      I waited for the Lord
      He stooped and heard my cry
      He brought me from the pit
      Out of the dungeon mire
      My feet set on a rock
      My footsteps made secure
      My lips He gave a song
      A song to praise our God

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2 1:06 PM
        Isn't one visible tattoo enough to cause one to stare at you? I
        mean, if you have artwork on your skin, ain't I supposed to look at
        it? Why else would you get a tat?

        gmw.

        --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Irene Flewelling