Tattoos

  • Edgar A. Ibarra Jr.
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
      In the Word of God, our LORD speaks that the Israelites were not to
      tattoo their body among other things that the surrounding heathens
      did. I have met Christians in the past, that got tattoos, AFTER,
      they were professing Christians. Most with Scripture verses and
      others with those tribal/pict style tattoos.

      How would you all look at this? Is it a case of Christian
      liberty (as long as they do it moderately and modestly) or is it a
      moral issue and therefore sinful or not?

      Just curious about this one, I guess it would be on par with women
      and make-up, but then maybe not?

      Tattooless (even though I was a Marine),

      Edgar
    • Irene Flewelling
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
        Yeah, I think it's a matter of Christian liberty, but
        also of modesty.. since anything that makes other
        people stare at you because it's so immoderate (for
        instance tattoos all over your arms) is immodest,
        besides which, it doesn't look good :D I think it's
        also probably a large issue of discretion, for
        instance, an unmarried person should consider the fact
        that if they ever get married their body will no
        longer be only their own and they should pretty
        carefully consider a permanent decision that a future
        spouse may have to live with like it or not.. (my Dad
        reminded me I should think about this, even in as
        comparitively a "small" question, in my mind at least,
        as getting my ears pierced)
        Just some thoughts.
        ~~Irene

        How would you all look at this? Is it a case of
        Christian
        liberty (as long as they do it moderately and
        modestly) or is it a
        moral issue and therefore sinful or not?

        =====
        ~~~~
        I waited for the Lord
        He stooped and heard my cry
        He brought me from the pit
        Out of the dungeon mire
        My feet set on a rock
        My footsteps made secure
        My lips He gave a song
        A song to praise our God

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2005
          Isn't one visible tattoo enough to cause one to stare at you? I
          mean, if you have artwork on your skin, ain't I supposed to look at
          it? Why else would you get a tat?

          gmw.

          --- In covenantedreformationclub@yahoogroups.com, Irene Flewelling