Re: [Covenanted Reformation] Incestuous Relationships

  • Abigail
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2005
      Hello Ginny,

      I am entirely against anyone marrying the wife of a *living*
      brother. I believe the (many, many) passages in Leviticus and
      Deuteronomy are speaking to this situation, which clearly is
      adulterous. If it is morally wrong to marry the wife of a deceased
      brother, then God required something of Israel in Deuteronomy 25
      that was against His own moral law.

      The case can be made that the insertion of this article into the WCF
      is itself the result of the political climate at the time, though
      somebody with a better understanding of the history of the times
      could better substantiate that.

      I will look up the works you noted regarding this, at least the ones
      I have immediate access to.

      Thanks,
      Abigail